Matchday 19: Torino - Milan (Monday, January 16 - 20:45 CET)
Let's agree to disagree. Yes he stayed back and didn't push up right away, but it was a quick situation and a very narrow margin. It's questionable if we should have even stepped up to move the line up rather than only one player stwpping to the ball. Everything developed really fast, and although like I said, Pasalic maybe did something wrong..... Romagnoli, Calabria and Bonaventura bare a lot more reaponsibility for that goal before I even THINK about blaming Pasalic.
Watched Walking Dead before this...our players moved like those...
Avaiting forĀ arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
2-0 at half time. We showed signs of life far too late, but the game's not over by any means. Not happy with today's performance, I don't think mentally we were switched on from the start, whereas Torino have been hungry to get the result. This was evident from the lack of intensity and slow pace of our play, while there was a clear lack of concentration given how often Torino were able to break on the counter (which you know a side coached by Mihajlovic will be decent at).

One early goal in the second half and we're right back in it though.
As bad as pasalic and Bertolacci were, we need to at least start taking shots at goal first. The whole team is to blame for this. But we can turn this around.
What a strange and frustrating first half. We weren't good but Torino weren't better. Yet they scored two irregular goals, but it didn't happen to us. Suso had one nice shot saved, another free kick wide, then Bertolacci shot the ball right back to Hart when he had the chance to pull one back. Torino had one hand ball before their goals, then Bonaventura got his knee kicked by Zappacosta in the penalty box.
Missed first half, good for my sanity I guess ....
Very uninspiring performance. We are seeing moments of effort by players individually, but never all together so far. It's like one player decides to pick up the intnsity and than looks at the players around him for not doing the same. A minute later, it's someone else. Everyone needs to get on the same page.

Also, some very poor individual attempts...like the Bertolacci one. He should have done better than that. No excuse for hitting the ball straight at the GK.

Dev....looking at the reply a few more times....maybe you are right and maybe Pasalic had a lot more time to move up as I intially thought. Rightfully, he should be criticized for it. Still though, Romagnoli and Bonaventura are more to blame on the initial start of that sequence. It's embarrasing how they got played from a virtually dead situation. The most that should have happened there was a corner or a throw in....instead, Falque walked in the box while double teamed.

I agree that the game is not over. This is not a great Torino and we saw that by still creating 2-3 very good scoring opportunities regardless of the poor display by us. So I think a goal early on might completely turn this game on its head.
By the way, Paletta could have got sent off for his foul on Belotti. Thankfully, it was ruled as offside (looks iffy to me).

And Paletta was perhaps our best defender in the first half.
Yeah, others aren't blameless by any stretch. I was less annoyed by the first goal than the second though, that was an awful one to concede.
I like Bonaventura, but he's got to learn to play with his teammates better!