Matchday 20: Milan - Napoli (Saturday, January 21 - 20:45 CET)
I want to be positive about this match but with less rest, Romagnoli and Locatelli out with suspension, and facing the best attack in Serie A...our chances aren't very great. Our players need to be well drilled over the upcoming week in order to cope with the fluidity of Napoli's midfield and attacking trios.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Well, we play at home. And we do still have Donnarumma. Proud
It's still early to say this.....but i can't help but think that this is a very decisive game for the 3rd spot. Yes we have a game in hand, and if we win that one than we are really only 1 point away from Napoli.....but still, losing this game puts us in a very difficult position to bounce back from.

I am not too confident, but I am excited for this game. Napoli is currently easily tge best team in Italy. They are just so good on the ball, very fluid and exceptional with their movement off the ball. This is going to be a very difficult game but by no means impossible to win.

Bertolacci and Gomez will probably replace Locatelli and Romagnoli?
I don't think we have better options. Zapata? Sosa?

We need Kucka to break the fluidity of their attack. Hopefully we can pull off an upset. Smile
Honestly had Romagnoli and Locatelli been available, I'd fancy my chances in this one. Not to say I don't think we can't come away with a result, it's just less likely now.

That said, as good as Napoli are and they've returned to the form of last season for the most part, they don't look unbeatable. They have been leaking goals in almost every match of late and the match against Sampdoria particularly highlighted some of the weaknesses they can have. if we can suffocate their midfield, attack the wingbacks and look to attack spaces in behind their backline, there's a good chance here.

The great thing is that previous games against them last year and at the start of this season, I was concerned about what could happen. Now, I think we have a fair chance, which really gives confidence in the growth we've seen this season.
Milan: Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Gomez, Calabria; Kucka, Sosa, Pasalic; Suso, Bacca, Bonaventura

Napoli: Reina; Hysaj, Albiol, Tonelli, Strinic; Allan, Jorginho, Hamsik; Callejon, Mertens, Insigne
Avaiting forĀ arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Calabria still ahead of Antonelli. Interesting. Calabria looked totally lost and absolutely not ready last game. I hope that the decision will pay off.
Prediction: Our midfield is too weak and will get run over, and then our central defence won't be able to cope with the pressure. 1-3 Napoli.
Prediction: Somewhere in that domination Paletta gets a card or two
Didn't take long... 0-1.