Summer transfer window 2017
Every year, at every club, there is at least 1 "wtf" transfer. I guess Borini is it for us. Big Grin I agree with Dev and the reasons he gave though. I'm not too bothered by this transfer, especially for that price.

The more amazing thing about Borini though, is how the hell did he manage to get signed by some of the biggest clubs in the world throughout his career!? Big Grin The definition of a fraud. More power to him...
(06-29-2017, 12:05 PM)nefremo Wrote: Every year, at every club, there is at least 1 "wtf" transfer. I guess Borini is it for us. Big Grin I agree with Dev and the reasons he gave though. I'm not too bothered by this transfer, especially for that price.

The more amazing thing about Borini though, is how the hell did he manage to get signed by some of the biggest clubs in the world throughout his career!? Big Grin The definition of a fraud. More power to him...

He got 10 goals in 26 apps for roma in 2012 as a 20-21 year old which is a pretty decent stats. Once he went England, it all went downhill from then on.
(06-29-2017, 12:31 PM)hwmook Wrote: He got 10 goals in 26 apps for roma in 2012 as a 20-21 year old which is a pretty decent stats. Once he went England, it all went downhill from then on.

Trying to compare him with Shevchenko? Well, that's about the only similarity between them.  Devilol
Not saying Boroni is good but he is also a victim of Chelsea 'buy young loan' policy, if you are a teenager good enough that Chelsea buys you but not good enough to play for so they sit them or will loan them all over, that works for some players but not all. Some players need stable place when 18,19, 20, etc.
"Deulofeu wants Serie A return"

http://www.football-italia.net/104935/de...rie-return

Either Milan or Juventus...
(06-29-2017, 01:58 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Trying to compare him with Shevchenko? Well, that's about the only similarity between them.  Devilol

A lot of players become crap after they went to England, I don't know what is the problem there. Even the great Sheva is a victim of this England curse.
(06-29-2017, 02:36 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: "Deulofeu wants Serie A return"

http://www.football-italia.net/104935/de...rie-return

Either Milan or Juventus...

I keep hearing this guy wanting to be here but our management seem unwilling to take him in.
(06-29-2017, 12:05 PM)nefremo Wrote: Every year, at every club, there is at least 1 "wtf" transfer. I guess Borini is it for us. Big Grin I agree with Dev and the reasons he gave though. I'm not too bothered by this transfer, especially for that price.

If Borini is a fraud, then what is De Sciglio? Shocking how he's still rated by people who understand football. Someone once said De Sciglio is the best litmus test to know if someone gets football or doesn't. Couldn't agree more with that. Hopefully we ship him to Juventus asap. Devilol

Worth noting that when Mirabelli was at Sunderland, he was the one who tried to bring Borini there. Apparently at Inter he tried to bring him there too. He likes Borini for some reason. The price we're paying though is really nothing for a 3rd striker. He's going to replace Vido - someone who barely got any minutes last year. We still are going to be signing a bench CF and a proper winger for the starting lineup + bench.
(06-29-2017, 03:49 PM)Hitman Wrote: If Borini is a fraud, then what is De Sciglio? Shocking how he's still rated by people who understand football. Someone once said De Sciglio is the best litmus test to know if someone gets football or doesn't. Couldn't agree more with that. Hopefully we ship him to Juventus asap. Devilol

What you've said doesn't make sense? You've said that he's rated by people who understand football, but then said he's the litmus test to know if someone gets football or not. Assuming you're not saying you don't consider yourself as someone who doesn't get football, that statement contradicts itself.

Either way, I consider DES to have shown himself a decent player, even if he's struggled in Milan in recent years.
http://www.football-italia.net/104948/au...a%E2%80%99

It is nice if we could also get him. 5M for a player like that.