Summer transfer window 2017
As much as all of you hate him he's still our captain and a captain will not be replaced that easily
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
I agree that we are just not going to kick Motnolivo out to the curb. Especially when he is the captain. Whether some of us want to see that happen or not, I just don't think it will happen unless Montolivo asks to be sold.

The problem with Montolivo, the way I see it, is that at his current level (and the level he's played at for the last couple of years now), he should be a back-up choice regista in this new Milan that wants to aim for the top. The problem with that is...it pushes Locatelli even further down the pecking order.....and I would rather focus on Locatelli who has the potential to be more of a player that Montolivo turned out to be.

So in an ideal scenario, we sign a top class 30-32 year old regista, sell Montolivo, and groom Locatelli as the back up/rotation player for the next season or two...when he can hopefully take over.
Yes, we only sell our vice captains. Shevchenko Kaka Silva de Sciglio.
He's not a captain. He's disgrace for Milans captain institution.He should be resolved of that duty ASAP and sold ASAPx3.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
I would love to see a Montolivo exit but I don't think that is going to happen this window. Too many changes too soon. With that being said, Kucka is set to leave and they say a medical is scheduled in Turkey
Montolivo is a non-factor right now. Whether he stays or goes, he's not going to be on the field next year, well at least I hope so. I sincerely hope he leaves because like nefremo said, ideally we'll get Biglia and Locatelli to learn from him. Biglia is a great leader, unlike Montolivo, and will transmit the necessarily leadership to Locatelli that he needs. The only reason we're going for a 31 year old regista is because we believe in Locatelli as a vice. I doubt we'll have both Biglia + Montolivo ahead of Locatelli. That's unnecessary. Monto takes 3.5m (7m gross annually x 2 yr contract = 14m) and Biglia will take 3m (6m gross). That's 13m combined to our annual expenses that we should wisely be spending elsewhere. You can call him a leader all you like because he wears an armband but Milan's issues over the last few years were precisely because of lack of [his above all] leadership. We are targeting leaders this summer: Musacchio, Ricardo Rodriguez & Biglia. We badly need a reset button and it's not like Montolivo's indispensable. He's a huge liability on the field because he commits mistakes in very dangerous positions and we can't just afford that if we want to succeed. We must fix our problems from the past and he's a main one.

and I just hope not to see him starting the EL game because we don't want him cup-tied by the end of August to limit his suitors from potentially being 3 teams to 1. We should sign someone asap so he feels the same way Bacca + De Sciglio feel now, just irrelevant. It's also a world cup year meaning that players will need playing time if they want to play for their NTs so our fodders will demand an exit if they have any ambition to write one more chapter in their careers.

We shouldn't be worried about change nor transition. This year is year 0 and it only helps because we already have the base from last year - Montella (v. important) and a part of the squad to transmit what Montella taught them last year. It's gonna take some time to make them play as a team (I'd say October/Novemberish is a good time to reassess the situation).

Looks like the only starters from last season that'll remain starters next are Donnarumma, Romagnoli and Suso. I hope Bonaventura gets dropped to the bench but I imagine he'll be starting the first month of the season until we realize that he's not all that and we probably have signed a better player on the bench. I can see Hakan starting the midfield trio with us playing a 433 (more like a 4231 but with the CAM playing further back). We just need a proper player to take LW and if it's not gonna be Keita, I hope they find someone good for there. I doubt James Rodriguez fits the bill. Ousmane Dembele should be the priority for that role IMO. He's just perfect.
Oh and by the way... It's Conti's day today. He's going to be a fan favourite I feel. The passion he has for the shirt even before joining is quite surprising. I've followed him over the last year, he's not an exceptional nor world class fullback.. however he's a pretty good one and for a 23 year old, getting 8 goals and 5 assists (more than Abate+De Sciglio combined total in their careers probably) in his second season in Serie A is impressive... but we can't just look at the stats and forget about his game. I don't think he's bad defensively as most people say and I really really like how high up he presses and positions himself when we have the ball - it reminds me of Cafu's positioning. And for a player like Cafu to thrive, he needed balls delivered over & behind the defence from Pirlo, I hope Locatelli/Biglia/Hakan will be offering those. Silva's finishing is going to need to improve his finishing because he's going to be getting a lot of service from both fullbacks, both wingers and our midfielders.

Conti is expected to arrive in Linate very shortly and will head to do his medical tests in the evening.

Welcome Signing #7.
This statistic is crazy when there are players like Dani Alves playing for CL competing team

He also won Defender of the Year in Serie A
(07-06-2017, 04:20 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: He also won Defender of the Year in Serie A

that's not because he was the best defender, but because of the goals + assists he's scored. these awards tend to put a lot of weight into goals + assists when they shouldn't be the main attributes when rating a defender...but hey to each his own. he's not a better defender than BBC or Romagnoli in actual defending for example..but there's always room to improve.

I hope he gets #2.