Summer transfer window 2017
(07-24-2017, 03:05 PM)Milan369 Wrote: So that means no Aubameyang or Belotti if Kalinic comes??

No, i think Kalinic would come as backup if we sign him. But looks like Montella wants to stick with 433 formation. I guess thats y he wants to sign another winger
AC MILAN
About Berardi, never read any news about the fact he's an Interista or else.
He didn't refuse Juventus because he was an Inter fan, that's not true.

Here is what the guy said :
"The no to the Juv ? Actually, I wouldn't say it was a "no" but it was a "yes" to Sassuolo. We just qualified to Europa League : I wanted to play it with the guys whom I qualified with, I wanted to grow another year. And then, it's true : I love to play much and I don't like to do what people tell me to do. [...] In Juventus, when would I have played ? Would so much time on the bench been good at such a young age ? I confess the example of Zaza in Juventus weighted in my decision. I counted the amount of minutes Simone (Zaza) played there, and I put the hand brake on."

That's just some quite smart choice from a young player.

He's been heavily linked with Roma and Inter. We could enter the race ?
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
We could possibly enter the race for him, but Sassuolo will probably ask for an amount that is simply not worth it imo.

Not sure we need another winger. This squad basically has NO wingers. I don't like to call Bona, Hakan, and Suso wingers. They are not. They are AMs that we happened to use there. I think all of them are much MUCH better players when involved in the play more and when they can be unpredictable somewhere in the middle. I have no problem with them starting out wide, but drifting in and operating centrally, leaving the outside space for the wingbacks (who I think will cause chaos in Serie A this year).

This is why I don't want us to sign someone like Cuadrado who can only be effective out wide. It gives us a different dimension, that's for sure, but I'd much rather sign another central midfielder and a striker and leave it at that. Nothing to do with Cuadrado's quality. I think he is very good and certainly great in 1v1 situations. I just think that we are not built to use wingers this season. So not sure what getting 1 winger will do for us at this point.
Berardi could be perfect fit for montella though,
He asked for a striker and winger, 2 roles which he could play well, seeing how many times berardi destroyed milan in the recent years
I like the idea of Sanchez. Knowing that Kessie vs Dortmund could play well in front of the CBs and also did good job as box to box midfielder against Muenchen, I am curious to see trio of Sanchez, Biglia and Kessie play in our midfield. This could support our dynamic fullbacks who seem not that good at defending.

Sanchez could grow well under Montella I think, especially we would lack of strong midfielder (assuming Mari could be loaned out).

Biglia, Kessie, Locatelli and Sanchez are pretty good sources for our 3-spots in midfield.

For striker, I think we will not rush to get that since our target is a pretty proven striker which means he can come in to the team we already have without difficulties despite little time to adapt with team. Aubameyang, Belotti or Mr. X. FM might try until the end of mercato to get one of the first mentioned names while Mr. X is a player who might suddenly be available like Bonucci. We know, the transfers are getting grazy when the mercato almost closes, Mr. X might appear in this time (I hope not like Oliviera though LOL).
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I think Berardi's injury took him off the radar a little. I may be wrong, but I remember hearing rumours about his mental state during the injury. His form dropped badly after returning too, though it improved towards the end of the season.

Simply put, we don't seem after a player like him, Juve seem intent on getting Bernadeschi and got Costa, Napoli don't need him nor am I sure he'd fit with Sarri and who knows with Inter, they seemed focused on others. If Perisic or Candreva leave, then they may show an interest.

I'm surprised Roma aren't seemingly after him, you'd think after losing Salah and EDF coming in, they'd make a bid, especially if they're prepared to spend 30m on Mahrez. 

Marca have also suggested Real are interested if they don't get Mbappe.
There is a lot of talk going around that Niang will actually be kept. I find it funny that we would willing to do this based on 1 good game he had in pre-season against Bayern (as reports are saying), and instead I am choosing to believe that this is a well thought out move (if true of course) not based on one game.

In any case, if Niang shows the desire and hunger he showed against Bayern, than I have no problem keeping him here as a back up striker/winger rather than spend 25mil on Kalinic. I think part of this decision by the club might be based on the fact that there are no clubs out there willing to meet our valuation of him (18mil)....so we are willing to keep him here rather than sell him for an undermining fee JUST to get rid of him. He certainly has versatility in his game, but the way his development has been going, I just don't know that he will ever reach top levels. Regardless, if he doesn't mind being a back up/rotation player, than I guess it's no problem......especially if we are struggling to offload him at a decent price.

On the other hand, I am starting to get worried about the Bacca situation. We were counting on making money from this move, yet we have really struggled with selling him. I really don't want him to stay here another year. Marseille seems to be the most interested party, but they are pushing for a loan. There were some whispers of Lazio, but i really don't see Lazio paying 18-20mil for Bacca to be honest.
(07-24-2017, 02:32 PM)donlocatelli Wrote: have to say i'm incredibly impressed with mirabelli's performance so far in his debut as sporting director. not only has he signed world class (bonucci, biglia) or potential future top players (musacchio, rodriguez, kessie, silva, hakan, conti) in PROBLEM positions (cb, fb, cm, dm, am, ss etc) but he's done so at the RIGHT prices. fassone said all our signings were made at the correct prices and i absolutely agree. i don't think we've overpaid for a single player. in fact, i'd go as far as saying we've UNDERPAID if anything (musacchio 18m, rodriguez 15m, biglia 17m, bonucci 42m, hakan 20m, kessie 28m). based on our pre-season performances so far, musacchio, kessie and rodriguez prices have already increased.

but it's not just inputs, he's also done an incredible job of clearing the FOREST of DEADWOOD that galliani left behind. just look at the list of overpaid/mediocre players below who have PERMANENTLY left already...

1. diego lopez undisclosed price
2. honda contract expire
3. poli free transfer
4. kucka 5m
5. de sciglio 12m
6. vangioni 2m
7. deulofeu loan expire
8. mati loan expire
9. pasoshit loan expire
10. ocampos loan expire
11. lapadula 13m

that's 11 players right there that will thankfully never wear the red + black shirt again. again, mirabelli's managed to make a PROFIT on a number of players (diego lopez and vangioni were free transfers, des was free from our academy, plus profits on kucka and lapadula). this is incredible work as are his knack for not overpaying for signings given teams KNOW we are loaded and could force us to shell out over the odds like man city or underpay for our fodders. even giving poli away a year early to get his heavy wages off the books so he could sign a long term contract with bologna was shrewd business. just think, when was the last time galliani managed to sell a player at PROFIT or clear so much deadwood? never. in fact, idiot galliani couldn't even convince players to leave milanello but mirabelli seems to have no problems doing that.

it's so funny reading inter forums. before the takeover they were LAUGHING at mirabelli for being an unqualified inter reject (forgetting it was he who scouted their best signings like perisic, brozovic etc and actually resigned which mancini said was a big loss at the time). now they're PRAISING our mercato and crying that they seem to be massively overpaying for unproven players like skrinar (27m lol) and vecino (24M lol) whilst not addressing their problem positions like fb.

perfect work mirabelli!

great post, you should post more often Smile

btw, here's Niang's performance versus Bayern:

It was a pretty good performance. He defended well, attacked well, created for the team and passed well. I hope we don't sell him for less than 18m, and I hope he doesn't become a bone in our throats that we'll struggle to get rid of. He is 22 however, on low wages, extremely versatile and expectations are very low. He's also talented but his problems are psychological: decision-making and consistency. Psychological problems can always be fixed under the right coach, I would be a lot more worried if he wasn't talented because that's something you can't learn (like De Sciglio).

If we sell Niang, I hope we go for Keita. He should be a little more expensive and potentially a devastating world class player who is also versatile and can play CF.

Our next week game in the EL will be without Bonucci and Biglia. It's going to be tough because both those two will be KEY for us in distribution next season. They're both central players and capable of long passes that open up plays. I read somewhere that there might be a chance we could add only one of them to our list. If I had to pick between the two - it would be Biglia. I cannot stand the thought of seeing Montolivo starting again and making all the mistakes that he ALWAYS does (including the Bayern game). I'll be okay with Zapata/Gomez partnering Musacchio for the first leg but having Biglia in the centre of the pitch will be vital. Did you see how calm he was on the ball versus Bayern? What an asset to have and to take away from a direct rival for 4th spot. Hopefully we take Keita soon as well and we won't have to worry about Lazio next year. Since I started watching football in 2003, I have never seen them have two consecutive good seasons in a row. They always struggle to deal with playing in Europe + Serie A at the same time and their season goes really bad. Losing their captain Biglia will only make that scenario likelier. I also think Atalanta will at best make it to 8th spot as they've sold Gagliardini, Kessie and Conti so far. Major losses for them but they also made 85m out of those players.

In other news Juventus have officially signed Bernardeschi for 40m. The same 40m we gave them last week for Bonucci. Federico definitely is talented and has potential to be a top player in the future, but he's still going to need a lot of work. He's not ready for next season but maybe in the future. His situation is very similar to Pjaca's and Orsolini's. Only Douglas Costa is in the right time of his career to deliver performances but he's going to have to adapt to Serie A and he's never played in a top league (besides the lop sided Bundesliga). I see Juventus being slightly weaker. I also think Allegri will finally have proper competition next year and he's going to mess up like he did in his second season at Milan. Him kicking out Bonucci has definitely turned some players in the locker room against him. He has his authority but he may have lost the respect of some.
(07-24-2017, 06:19 PM)Hitman Wrote: great post, you should post more often Smile

btw, here's Niang's performance versus Bayern:

It was a pretty good performance. He defended well, attacked well, created for the team and passed well. I hope we don't sell him for less than 18m, and I hope he doesn't become a bone in our throats that we'll struggle to get rid of. He is 22 however, on low wages, extremely versatile and expectations are very low. He's also talented but his problems are psychological: decision-making and consistency. Psychological problems can always be fixed under the right coach, I would be a lot more worried if he wasn't talented because that's something you can't learn (like De Sciglio).

If we sell Niang, I hope we go for Keita. He should be a little more expensive and potentially a devastating world class player who is also versatile and can play CF.

Our next week game in the EL will be without Bonucci and Biglia. It's going to be tough because both those two will be KEY for us in distribution next season. They're both central players and capable of long passes that open up plays. I read somewhere that there might be a chance we could add only one of them to our list. If I had to pick between the two - it would be Biglia. I cannot stand the thought of seeing Montolivo starting again and making all the mistakes that he ALWAYS does (including the Bayern game). I'll be okay with Zapata/Gomez partnering Musacchio for the first leg but having Biglia in the centre of the pitch will be vital. Did you see how calm he was on the ball versus Bayern? What an asset to have and to take away from a direct rival for 4th spot. Hopefully we take Keita soon as well and we won't have to worry about Lazio next year. Since I started watching football in 2003, I have never seen them have two consecutive good seasons in a row. They always struggle to deal with playing in Europe + Serie A at the same time and their season goes really bad. Losing their captain Biglia will only make that scenario likelier. I also think Atalanta will at best make it to 8th spot as they've sold Gagliardini, Kessie and Conti so far. Major losses for them but they also made 85m out of those players.

In other news Juventus have officially signed Bernardeschi for 40m. The same 40m we gave them last week for Bonucci. Federico definitely is talented and has potential to be a top player in the future, but he's still going to need a lot of work. He's not ready for next season but maybe in the future. His situation is very similar to Pjaca's and Orsolini's. Only Douglas Costa is in the right time of his career to deliver performances but he's going to have to adapt to Serie A and he's never played in a top league (besides the lop sided Bundesliga). I see Juventus being slightly weaker. I also think Allegri will finally have proper competition next year and he's going to mess up like he did in his second season at Milan. Him kicking out Bonucci has definitely turned some players in the locker room against him. He has his authority but he may have lost the respect of some.

I would rather have Martial than Keita. Sagrin He is much more talented and He can play as a cf or ss or a winger. But I doubt man uniited would be willing to sell him to us.
(07-24-2017, 06:49 PM)Milan369 Wrote: I would rather have Martial than Keita. Sagrin He is much more talented and He can play as a cf or ss or a winger. But I doubt man uniited would be willing to sell him to us.

Interesting choice.. he's just more of a gamble than Keita I think. Keita has been followed by Mirabelli for quite some time and he's a fan of his. Not only that, but Keita has begun to show his talent in Serie A post January and has been scoring/assisting for fun and actually being extremely decisive in some games. Him being Serie A proven after having played in Serie A since 17 is a very big advantage for Keita. He knows the league well plus he's also grown up in La Masia and speaks Spanish (most of our team are Spanish speakers now, including Montella).

Martial may have more potential on the upside, but definitely higher risk of failure at Milan than Keita (in my opinion).