Summer transfer window 2017
IMO, Diego Costa is better than Aubameyang at SC position and a good buy in general.

Aubameyang is similar to T. Henry, fast, skillful but not good enough at heading (for their status as one of world best stikers). Almost everything about him is fine, just his most strong point: pace, is not the most required and his weakness: heading, is quite hard to accept.

Diego Costa is a typical SC. He is not as fast as Aubameyang but fast enough and his heading is one of the world best.

Both players share strong points in helping the teams to attack and defense (Costa is better at defense), or experience at top level (Costa still better with 3 leagues and a CL final).

Dieog Costa costs less since his club does not want him, he wants to go, and no one except Milan actually offer for him (A. Madrid just buy the player that can be sold for bigger money after some years, many Chinese clubs are facing financial problem now and their transfer deadline passed).

So for the highest position of the pitch or a reasonable choice, Diego Costa is better.
His quality is not up for dispute. (even though I certainly disagree with some of your comparissons and descriptions)

What's for dispute is his character. It's an important aspect when building a group. It HAS to be something that we take in consideration. We can not just ignore it.
I agree that his character should be concerned about, but I read someone has posted in this thread: big players often have their own character. Any big enough Milan I know were full of egos, from Gullit to Ibra, some were good, some were not very good, but they all helped (even Balotelli).

I think it could not be a problem if the player wants to win and the team also wants to win.
(08-02-2017, 01:51 AM)nefremo Wrote: His quality is not up for dispute. (even though I certainly disagree with some of your comparissons and descriptions)

What's for dispute is his character. It's an important aspect when building a group. It HAS to be something that we take in consideration. We can not just ignore it.

I am looking forward to Bonucci and Costa battling it out in the dressing room. Milan have a history of such players, it will work out just fine.
I disagree... we don't actually need a striker with an ego...
For every Ibra, there's an Inzaghi
For Every Gullit, there's a Shevchenko
For every Suarez, there's a Henry

There are always strikers without Ego's. Big ego's are fine when everything is great, but a HUGE liability when things aren't going well.
again, as much as I like Diego Costa as a player... he's an absolute pig of a human... He's likely to score 2 in his first game then get himself red carded next game, or worse, spit the dummy 3-4 games later and spend the next 3-4 games sulking and playing rubbish.

Auba/Belotti/Cavani/Aguero just a few options of strikers without huge problematic Ego's we could go for
I understand and respect your points about Diego Costa, but there is an old saying: "Water which is too pure has no fish".

I am not sure how much the sentence would apply, but it could explain the case.

Besides the SC position and these famous names, I think we need to sign 2 players, because they could help and having them prevent our rivals to have them: Keita Balde and Darmian.

We need a winger that has speed and can beat man repeatedly. Keita is a player we should sign. If Inter have him, their attacking trident are to be feared.

Darmian can be a good backup CB, he is also a very good defensive LB/RB. We can use him for our flexible lineup. And he can fix both Inter and Juve problems in defense.
(08-02-2017, 03:25 AM)Aficio Wrote: I understand and respect your points about Diego Costa, but there is an old saying: "Water which is too pure has no fish".

I am not sure how much the sentence would apply, but it could explain the case.

Besides the SC position and these famous names, I think we need to sign 2 players, because they could help and having them prevent our rivals to have them: Keita Balde and Darmian.

We need a winger that has speed and can beat man repeatedly. Keita is a player we should sign. If Inter have him, their attacking trident are to be feared.

Darmian can be a good backup CB, he is also a very good defensive LB/RB. We can use him for our flexible lineup. And he can fix both Inter and Juve problems in defense.

The problem with your saying is Diego Costa only swims in extremely murky water... haha... Same waters that Suarez swims in, except he's more like a Piranah!  Devilol Devilol Devilol

Keita is a great pick up, I just want his position clarified... Does he genuinely want to come or are we his only option?
I've always been a Darmian fan although at this present point not sure he'd be the best choice... I think a CB that can help out with LB/RB would be a better option... Unless we lose Abate and Calabria, I think Darmian would be a waste... particularly because Shitchester would likely ask a decent amount... I would rather see us spend that $$ on an up and coming CB... 
options like Tah(too expensive), Mamanna(too late, gone to Zenit), Sarr or Sanchez.
Manchester U are close to sign Aurier who also can play LB/RB/CB, while they already have a lot of side backs and center backs. So there is a chance to get Darmian, our homegrown.
(08-02-2017, 05:09 AM)Aficio Wrote: Manchester U are close to sign Aurier who also can play LB/RB/CB, while they already have a lot of side backs and center backs. So there is a chance to get Darmian, our homegrown.

They're definitely interested in selling him, that's for sure... Aurier or not... the issue is rather then spend 15mill(best case) on a backup RB when we already have two others, I'd rather spend 15-20 on a backup actual CB
Well atleast Costa is better than Kalinic and he would be better in Montella's system than Aubameyang. He has an ego issue but he probably has got lesser red cards than Palletta in this season.