Summer transfer window 2017
mirabelli is a really smart guy when it comes to selling as well as buying. we bought bertofodder for 20m on a 4 year contract in 2015. that means he's amortized at 5m per year so is currently worth 10m on the books. mirabelli realized nobody will pay that amount for him now given his awful performances last season. therefore he loaned him to genoa (who are paying his wages) hoping he rediscovers his form and can be sold for more than 5m next year representing a slight profit. smart man.

meanwhile sabatini (who's supposed to be a transfer guru) only got 9m for banega and is about to sell murillo for 13m. murillo is a good talent and was worth 25-30m after his first season at inter. they should keep him because you can't get a better backup for 13m. also they massively overpaid for both vecino (24m) and skrinar (23m). even dalbert for 20m + 20% resale fee is ridiculous when you consider we signed rodriguez for 15m + 3m bonuses.

also if borini can play like he did yesterday consistently then for 6m he looks like a steal.
(08-10-2017, 10:24 AM)Milan369 Wrote: Meanwhile Marco Benassi has joined Fiorentina. Does that mean Badelj would be leaving?

Could be. Weird move for Benassi though as he was named captain at Torino and I personally don’t see Fiorentina as being a big step up for him?

Given Biglia’s injury and Montolivo’s utter incapability in filling out that role, I’d like to see Badelj join as a sub, as long as the fee is reasonable.
(08-10-2017, 10:24 AM)Milan369 Wrote: Meanwhile Marco Benassi has joined Fiorentina. Does that mean Badelj would be leaving?

hope not. loca has looked great covering for biglia in the last two games so should be his first backup.
(08-10-2017, 10:17 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Does Bacca want to stay? To me the noises are he wants only Sevilla. Anyway, the guy is too limited to work on the game we want to play. Technically he's not a good player, he's a good poacher, but his work off the ball is generally poor and his attitude especially stinks. I'm not saying Kalinic is particularly a better alternative, even though he will fit the system better.

It was interesting watching Andre Silva yesterday. He didn't have a great game, but you can see how he fits the system better already than Bacca. He drops off the frontline to collect the ball and was a physical presence. His movement was also significantly better, notable on purely the basis the number of times he was a nuisance for the Betis defence.

That said, yesterday still confirmed my feelings on what we need. We need a top forward, as Andre Silva looks a great prospect, but he needs time and patience to grow. We also need a CM midfield alternative to Kessie. It was clear to see that without him yesterday the midfield lacked the physical presence and running that Kessie brings.

I think we may need to consider a wideman too. It seems Niang might be trusted to the role (presuming that mostly we will use all of Jack, Calhanoglu and Suso in the lineup), but if we're sticking to 4-3-3 then I'm not sure Niang and Borini are really reliable alternatives in the wide areas.

Agree on Silva, I simply do not seem him ready to be our front-man! Honestly, beside the good youtube clips he has not shown anything special until now. Not that I am not aware that he needs time, thats perfectly reasonable!

Also, is it only me that thins he his not a lone striker, he plays better out of the box and combines well, but he will not be effective as lone striker, especially if we pour tons of balls inside the box through RR, Conti, Suso and Bonnuci? We need a bully in the box to capitalize on every ball!
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
i disagree silva didn't have a good game. he scored a poacher's goal which was ruled out because of VAR and dispatched his penalty as cool as a cucumber. also don't forget he had calabria and antontelli feeding him crosses instead of conti and rodriguez. i've seen improvements in him game to game and think he can score as many as bacca at least.
(08-10-2017, 11:26 AM)donlocatelli Wrote: i disagree silva didn't have a good game. he scored a poacher's goal which was ruled out because of VAR and dispatched his penalty as cool as a cucumber. also don't forget he had calabria and antontelli feeding him crosses instead of conti and rodriguez. i've seen improvements in him game to game and think he can score as many as bacca at least.

With that midfield improvement, anyone should be able to score AT LEAST as many goals as Bacca last year. Someone from bacca's quality should hit 18-20+ goals too tbf, this midfield has insane quality.
(08-10-2017, 10:30 AM)donlocatelli Wrote: mirabelli is a really smart guy when it comes to selling as well as buying. we bought bertofodder for 20m on a 4 year contract in 2015. that means he's amortized at 5m per year so is currently worth 10m on the books. mirabelli realized nobody will pay that amount for him now given his awful performances last season. therefore he loaned him to genoa (who are paying his wages) hoping he rediscovers his form and can be sold for more than 5m next year representing a slight profit. smart man.

meanwhile sabatini (who's supposed to be a transfer guru) only got 9m for banega and is about to sell murillo for 13m. murillo is a good talent and was worth 25-30m after his first season at inter. they should keep him because you can't get a better backup for 13m. also they massively overpaid for both vecino (24m) and skrinar (23m). even dalbert for 20m + 20% resale fee is ridiculous when you consider we signed rodriguez for 15m + 3m bonuses.

also if borini can play like he did yesterday consistently then for 6m he looks like a steal.

Sabatini was on the shortlist to become Milan sporting director. We almost ended up with Skrinar instead of Mussachio, Vecino instead of Kessie, Dalbert instead of Rodriguez.
(08-10-2017, 02:29 PM)hwmook Wrote: Sabatini was on the shortlist to become Milan sporting director. We almost ended up with Skrinar instead of Mussachio, Vecino instead of Kessie, Dalbert instead of Rodriguez.

i still rate sabatini as a good director. he's had some huge successes (benatia, marquinhos, manolas, rudiger, strootman, pjanic, nainggolan, salah) but also some monumental fails (iturbe, doubia, gerson, juan jesus). his main problem is he buys players cheap only to sell them at a huge profit when they become successful. a winning team needs stability which is why roma never win anything.

also i don't rate him when it comes to offloading fodders. banega was easily worth 15m+ and murillo shouldn't be sold for anything less than 18-20m. and the fact he paid ridiculous fees for vecino, skrinar and dalbert speaks volumes.

based on mirabelli's moves (in and out) so far, i literally don't believe he's put a foot wrong. also, given he's big on scouting and we've entirely restructured our youth and first team scouting i believe he'll be the better director in the long run.
Everton offered 25m for Kalinic.

Guess we're gonna be seeing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP-unFzS2y8 more this year, he thrashed the league from defending greats such as Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Vermaelen, Koulibaly, Castagne, Meunier, Castagne,... And of course top goalkeepers.

I give Bacca the love he deserves (but only because we missed out on the better options: Belotti, Auba, Morata and Diego Costa).
Monaco are looking for a replacement for Kylian Mbappé with AC Milan striker Carlos Bacca being targeted.
Good news Smile
Instant Serie A News - The latest Serie A and Italian football news, features, blogs, tactics and podcasts. Everything you need to keep up with calcio.