Summer transfer window 2017
(02-13-2017, 11:14 PM)porcho Wrote: They also wanted Kucka - I'd probably send him and $$ their way... I think Lapadulla has more use as a 2nd choice striker than Kucka has as a starter. Don't think he'll be too happy sitting on the bench after the last two seaons. Plus him and Miha are in love with each other.

good point! i'd forgotten they were interested in him. you're right lapa's a decent backup so if we can include kucka in the deal even better.
(02-13-2017, 11:10 PM)porcho Wrote: Firstly, Welcome!

As for Suso - There is no way I would sell him. and I don't see him as anything but a starter. signing another Rb to play Lb to me seems negligent... Better to sign and average Lb. 

All for signing De Vrij - absolutely love that guy!
Not sure I want to take the chance on Cesc.  Isco to me is a great AM but would prefer a great CM instead.
already said I'd love Tielemans/Kessie
Keita would be awesome although I'd see how Deluofeu pans out... So far he's looking really good...
although I'd love Bernadeschi - I'd be spending the $$ on BElotti instead.
thanks! i also wouldn't sell suso (unless we receive a crazy offer) but we'll need at least 3 high quality wingers if we're playing 433/4231. signing an average lb doesn't make sense as we already have antontelli whilst des is much better than average.

de vrij - i really like him too and he was a rock yesterday. i think he could form a formidable partnership with roma and we won't find anyone better for 30m.
star mid - i would be very happy with cesc/isco as they can play anywhere in midfield including cm. imo we'll struggle to find anyone better for 40m like verratti who'll cost nearly double.
young mid - yes i'd happily take one of tielemans/pellegrini/dahoud and to a lesser extent kessie. i like him (he has nerves of steel) but believe the others have more upside. still i wouldn't say no. roma would probably charge us 20m for pellegrini like bertolacci whilst dahoud's contract ends next summer and he apparently has a 10m release clause.
keita - he didn't have a great game yesterday but has incredible potential. his combination of physicality and speed is unique (unlike suso) and he reminds me of a young cristiano. for 30m we won't get anyone better.
bernadeschi - i think we can get him for 40m + 5m bonuses as his contract expires in summer 2019 and he's unlikely to extend. if we sell bacca/niang/sosa and other fodders we can sign belotti too. they're not mutually exclusive.
milan sporting director (maiorino aka galliani's puppet) after yesterday's game "keita is a great player and we like him but we like milinkovic-savic even more". savic's having a great season but his contract expires 2020 so we'd be looking at 40m+ so forget him. maybe he's underplaying our interest in keita to avoid lotito raising the price. he also said deulofeu wants to stay but i think we can do better.
Lotito is an ass. I don't think we should do business with him at all.
(02-14-2017, 10:44 PM)xudong Wrote: Lotito is an ass. I don't think we should do business with him at all.

I think he's worse than an ass. haha

Unfortunately he's got two players I think we should definitely pick up. Keita and De Vrij. I'd also love Felipe anderson but for the $$ he'd go for we could probably get someone else.
If Keita improves his finishing he will be an extraordinary player. I didn't think he was spectacular yesterday, but was still very dangerous, until the final shot/cross. He's got that balance of strength, speed, technique, athleticism without losing too much of either one of those attributes. It's not like he is a speedster that fogets the ball, or a slow player with technique, or a strong player without technique. He really does possess everything in an almost perfect balance. In a way, he does remind me of C.Ronaldo with the way he moves on the field.
Note, I'm not saying same quality or even close to it...but if he works on his finishing/heading/end product, he can maybe be half of what Ronaldo is. That's still 20+ goals a season. Big Grin
(02-14-2017, 11:44 PM)nefremo Wrote: If Keita improves his finishing he will be an extraordinary player. I didn't think he was spectacular yesterday, but was still very dangerous, until the final shot/cross. He's got that balance of strength, speed, technique, athleticism without losing too much of either one of those attributes. It's not like he is a speedster that fogets the ball, or a slow player with technique, or a strong player without technique. He really does possess everything in an almost perfect balance. In a way, he does remind me of C.Ronaldo with the way he moves on the field.
Note, I'm not saying same quality or even close to it...but if he works on his finishing/heading/end product, he can maybe be half of what Ronaldo is. That's still 20+ goals a season. Big Grin

For sure! He's still quite young and provides something different to what we currently have.
(02-14-2017, 10:44 PM)xudong Wrote: Lotito is an ass. I don't think we should do business with him at all.
yes he's an ass but he's a great businessman. unlike galliani he never sells cheap and usually extracts maximum price. he's also created a great scouting network buying talents like hernanes, de vrij, biglia, milinkovic-savic, keita, anderson, candreva dirt cheap then selling on for several times as much. imagine what he could do if he had money.
(02-14-2017, 11:44 PM)nefremo Wrote: If Keita improves his finishing he will be an extraordinary player. I didn't think he was spectacular yesterday, but was still very dangerous, until the final shot/cross. He's got that balance of strength, speed, technique, athleticism without losing too much of either one of those attributes. It's not like he is a speedster that fogets the ball, or a slow player with technique, or a strong player without technique. He really does possess everything in an almost perfect balance. In a way, he does remind me of C.Ronaldo with the way he moves on the field.
yeah i agree he'd be deadly if his end product was better. same goes for anderson (who could've scored a hat-trick against us). still they both manage a large number of goals/assists per min despite their finishing skills. also both players have vastly superior technical skills to someone like niang so can become more decisive in front of goal over time. cristiano also had a lackluster end product when he first joined utd.
(02-15-2017, 04:01 PM)donlocatelli Wrote: yes he's an ass but he's a great businessman. unlike galliani he never sells cheap and usually extracts maximum price. he's also created a great scouting network buying talents like hernanes, de vrij, biglia, milinkovic-savic, keita, anderson, candreva dirt cheap then selling on for several times as much. imagine what he could do if he had money.

not disagreeing there.  Okmilan