Summer transfer window 2017
Quote:Mirabelli will meet with Fiorentina sporting director Corvino tomorrow for Kalinic, per @DiMarzio.

Kalinic has always been a Milan fan and has given his OK for the move [Sky].

During their meeting together, Mirabelli has spoken with agent Alessandro Lucci about Cuadrado [@AlfredoPedulla].
Quote:Donnarumma is reconsidering his decision about extending for Milan. He is speaking with his family [Sky].

Mihajlovic: "I advise Donnarumma to stay at Milan as gratitude towards the club and for his growth. He still has 20 years in his career."
Quote:Milan and Lazio are yet to find a deal for Biglia. Milan don't want to bid more than €13m for the player [Sky].

Lazio still ask for €20m for Biglia, as a result Milan could turn to Grzegorz Krychowiak [Sky].

Milan are in continuous contacts with Genoa for Pellegri. Milan would like to sign him and leave on loan for two years [Sky].

I feel like dropping 20m on Biglia would be better than Krychowiak for less.

Pellegri would be good business.
(06-20-2017, 08:25 PM)reza Wrote: Is a large release clause really protecting an investment looking from a team's perspective? I don't see it that way, whether 1 million or 100 million the team are setting a price that will handicap them when someone matches it. More expensive (higher release clause) = less likely to be matched ... is not a good business tactic imo.

Well, in dealing with an agent who tends to try and move his players for huge sums of money, the higher release clause protects the club by establishing a minimum price. With Donna, I assume the higher $ clause is more to discourage the transfer in the first place, as given his age and talent you want him to stay with the club. We certainly can't agree to Raiola's low number (assuming that report is accurate). 

As to Raiola, it seems FIFA has now opened an investigation into Juve and Riaola over the transfer of Paul Pogba:

Documents purportedly relating to the midfielder's move showed that his agent Mino Raiola stood to benefit to the tune of £41m off the deal and FIFA subsequently opened an investigation into the transfer...the agreement between Juventus and Raiola might be in breach of third-party ownership regulations.
(06-20-2017, 08:47 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Rui Patricio mentioned as the GK  now.Is he a Mendes client? Makes sense if he is.Solid GK 29 wealth of experience maybe the best choice we've been linked.Might even start ahead of $$$Rumma even if he stayed

As a Sporting Fan(plus I'm Portuguese) he's clearly better the $$Rumma... and at 29, playing in goals for club and country from a young age. But would pose a problem in a couple of years, work on Plizzari or continue with a keeper in his prime.
(06-21-2017, 12:11 AM)Milan13 Wrote: Well, in dealing with an agent who tends to try and move his players for huge sums of money, the higher release clause protects the club by establishing a minimum price. With Donna, I assume the higher $ clause is more to discourage the transfer in the first place, as given his age and talent you want him to stay with the club. We certainly can't agree to Raiola's low number (assuming that report is accurate). 

As to Raiola, it seems FIFA has now opened an investigation into Juve and Riaola over the transfer of Paul Pogba:

Documents purportedly relating to the midfielder's move showed that his agent Mino Raiola stood to benefit to the tune of £41m off the deal and FIFA subsequently opened an investigation into the transfer...the agreement between Juventus and Raiola might be in breach of third-party ownership regulations.

WOW, this whole situation has backfired on Raiola big time...if Donnaruma is smart he can now use this situation to untie the bond with him. As things are shaping, it is becoming more obvious that this was his doing all along. He might be good in getting his clients more money, but in all honesty all of them have come out as greedy. 

This new allegations against him just proves that he moves players from club to club for his personal gain, and the list is very long( Ibra, Balloteli, Pogba to name a few). Put simple, if you want to become a club legend you have to break up with him, or confront him, as was the case with Hamsik and Nedved. 

I mean Donna has to take Pogba as an example. He might be the most expensive transfer, but he is far from achieving the potential that is expected from him.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(06-21-2017, 12:11 AM)Milan13 Wrote: Well, in dealing with an agent who tends to try and move his players for huge sums of money, the higher release clause protects the club by establishing a minimum price. With Donna, I assume the higher $ clause is more to discourage the transfer in the first place, as given his age and talent you want him to stay with the club. We certainly can't agree to Raiola's low number (assuming that report is accurate). 

Large release clauses means the club is in a position to negotiate a happy medium fee wise rather then lose the player on the cheap. EG. Belotti, highly unlikely he'll go for 100mill, but had he signed a contract for 50mill release, he'd already be gone. Instead Torino is in a position to negotiate a fee that is good for them while still protecting Belotti's interests.
Didn't Marotta basically confirm today that basically Raiola acted as an intermediary in the deal? That in itself proves that Raiola acted as a 3rd party and not as an agent. As far as I understand it, agents should work solely in the interest of their clients...meaning they are one with the player. Intermediaries on the other hand are like brokers and get paid a fee for facilitating the transfer. So basically, the player's agent can't also be the intermediary as that means that he has 2 separate interests in the matter, rather than only 1 - his client.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I don't know too much about it, but if this is the case than both Juventus and Raiola should get soke kind of a ban/suspension. Or am I completely understanding the situation wrong?

The only other possible reason I can see why they are investigating is if somehow, "unofficially", Raiola owned part of Pogba's contract (which would obviously make it illegal)....meaning during the whole time he was at Juventus, he was owned by both them and Raiola until they basically sold him.

Either way...I hope they are screwed! Big Grin
(06-21-2017, 12:32 AM)porcho Wrote: Large release clauses means the club is in a position to negotiate a happy medium fee wise rather then lose the player on the cheap. EG. Belotti, highly unlikely he'll go for 100mill, but had he signed a contract for 50mill release, he'd already be gone. Instead Torino is in a position to negotiate a fee that is good for them while still protecting Belotti's interests.

If his value is 100m someone will pay it sooner or later, if his value is 50 no one will pay the release clause. The release clause itself is not helping the team imo
Raiola made a fee from Juve for doing the deal, plus a % of the transfer plus a fee from Man Utd for brokering the deal... How that is not illegal is beyond me