Summer transfer window 2017
I suspect if Calhanoglu comes, we may see him play in a line of 3 with Bonaventura and Suso in 4-2-3-1, or working from deeper in midfield in 4-3-3. I don't doubt his quality, and for the price, we are getting someone who can bring in genuine quality. Rumours are that there's not much distance for personal terms, with him offered 2.5m and the number 10, but he's looking to get a little more in salary.

Suso's contract renewal has also been discussed and there's rumours of him leaving. I'd say he's pretty much unsellable this summer, he's been vital for us and I think there's room for even more from him. I suspect, based on his comments, that the agreement for a renewal shouldn't be a massive problem, but we can wait until after the summer to work it out.

We've been linked to Benassi by Tuttosport:

http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/tutt...fre-259427

Dubious source aside, I do like Benassi and think he's a good midfielder. He's not starter material by any stretch though and the price of 20m is absurd, he's worth maybe 10m. He's got potential and is a good leader on the pitch, but he needs to improve his defensive game and look to be more involved in games. He's a bit like Pasalic, though imo with greater technical ability.
I know that I am being greedy right now, but all these rumors without actual signings remind me of Galliani era. Sad
(06-30-2017, 11:53 AM)xudong Wrote: I know that I am being greedy right now, but all these rumors without actual signings remind me of Galliani era. Sad

The problem back then is that we ended up signing nobody. At least we've made some signings this time around, and I'm 100% sure more will come. Any top club would have a massive problem with FFP and squad size if they signed all players they were linked to during silly season. No worries. Smile
(06-30-2017, 08:50 AM)Joël Wrote: I follow Eredivisie and I must say he's a great player on the ball. Bit his finisging and delivering of crosses is absolutely dreadful. In the Europa League semifinals against Lyon he played one of the best games of his life and he still managed to score only one goal after a lucky deflection despite having a few 1v1 chances on the keeper. It's exactly the same in the Eredivisie. A big no for me.

Oh thanks anyway  Devilcool
(06-30-2017, 11:08 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I suspect if Calhanoglu comes, we may see him play in a line of 3 with Bonaventura and Suso in 4-2-3-1, or working from deeper in midfield in 4-3-3. I don't doubt his quality, and for the price, we are getting someone who can bring in genuine quality. Rumours are that there's not much distance for personal terms, with him offered 2.5m and the number 10, but he's looking to get a little more in salary.

Suso's contract renewal has also been discussed and there's rumours of him leaving. I'd say he's pretty much unsellable this summer, he's been vital for us and I think there's room for even more from him. I suspect, based on his comments, that the agreement for a renewal shouldn't be a massive problem, but we can wait until after the summer to work it out.

We've been linked to Benassi by Tuttosport:

http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/tutt...fre-259427

Dubious source aside, I do like Benassi and think he's a good midfielder. He's not starter material by any stretch though and the price of 20m is absurd, he's worth maybe 10m. He's got potential and is a good leader on the pitch, but he needs to improve his defensive game and look to be more involved in games. He's a bit like Pasalic, though imo with greater technical ability.

The 4-2-3-1 formation would be ideal ... And would look this way :

Donnarumma ?
Conti ? - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez
Kessie - Loca
Suso - Calhanoglu ? - Bona
Silva

I have to admit it could be an amazing team if that works ...
The defence, on the paper for moment, would be a very high level one ! And this midfield would be able to provide good balls to the striker up front, the attacks could come from everywhere (fullbacks, midfield, sides).

Anyway, it's what our team could look like nowadays with the last rumours of players coming, but if we buy someone like Belotti or Aubameyang, it could totally change and we could finally see something like a 3-5-2 or a more classical 4-4-2 (the one being dropped from that starting XI would probably be Locatelli).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(06-30-2017, 12:11 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: The problem back then is that we ended up signing nobody. At least we've made some signings this time around, and I'm 100% sure more will come. Any top club would have a massive problem with FFP and squad size if they signed all players they were linked to during silly season. No worries. Smile

This. I empathise with those who show concern, years of massive disappointment on the market can leave people sceptical.

That said, Fassone and Mirabelli have come good on the market so far so there's no reason to not believe more will occur. Just remember we were going at an insane pace before with the signings made thus far, it was going to slow down. Even the deals that have lingered, like Conti, haven't actually been that slow, we're talking a couple of weeks, but with constant updates it feels longer.

I'm pretty sure we'll have Conti very soon and AT LEAST one new attacker, if not 2 or even 3. There will almost certainly be AT LEAST one more midfielder joining the group, but again I suspect we may pick up a couple. I also think we will see one more defender come in, most probably to replace Paletta.

Going back to Conti, I have the odd feeling there's more in that deal than what's reported. If the distance in negotiations really was as close as reported, then I doubt they'd need to have another meeting Monday. I suspect we might see more come out of this than being reported.

Edit: Geo totally agree with you (although I don't think Locatelli will be a starter next season anyway). I had previously thought we were working towards a 2 man attack (4-4-2/4-2-4), but not as sure now. Either way, I'm excited to see how our team is shaping up at the end of summer.
Quote:Borini set a new club record in the agility test at Milanello. [@MilanTV]

Sagrin
(06-30-2017, 11:53 AM)xudong Wrote: I know that I am being greedy right now, but all these rumors without actual signings remind me of Galliani era. Sad

There are still July and August coming up too. Only a third of the mercato has been done. Smashing our record for transfer window spending the first 10 days of June wasn't enough for you? We've signed 5 players officially, Conti & Hakan could make it 7 in a week. We have never ever spent this much this fast before.

Huh
i think we will go for 1 big name signing now, btw how about cuadrado and des swap deal?? i think it is perfect
We're linked again with Kjaer ...
And there are some rumours about a 3-5-2 formation for next season. If true, that could look like that :

Donnarumma ?
Musacchio - Kjaer ? - Romagnoli
Conti ? - Canhaloglu ? - Kessie - Bonaventura - Rodriguez
Suso - Silva

I feel like it won't be the best formation we can have, but we'll have some key players on the bench (which can be good, that means our bench will be hugely upgraded), especially if we buy another striker for example ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !