Summer transfer window 2017
Anyone with strong opinions about Renato Sanchez? He had a decent Euros but then didn't play much for Bayern. I didn't see him play too often before that either..
Siamo a posto cosi.
(07-16-2017, 02:56 PM)Aficio Wrote: Eyes on Montella now.

But after thinking about the best coaches I have witnessed here, I don't think there is any that willing to give chances to a youngster at Locatelli's age when the team were competing for Scudetto.

Sacchi, Capello, Ancelotti or even Zac (thanks for 1998/1999) did not like to develop young players, especially at such important position.

And we lost world class players like David and Viera.

Pirlo was 23 when Carlo experimented him. And he was a real star at U21 when Loca is not even a starter.

So I think Locatelli is just not good enough, and the player himself needs to be realistic, even Juve deal shows that he is not ready.

If we send him on loan, it is better at a Serie B team to make sure he will get a lot of playing time.

Scoring against Buffon is a great moment, but I remember another great moment: 18 second goal of Paloschi.

I don't think the Pirlo U21 comparison is fair. Pirlo was 21 years old when he was a star at the 2000 U21 Euro. Locatelli was simply added to this year's U21 squad as an 19 year old. It may seem like it's not a big deal, but it is. Not many players get to play in 2 U21 Euros...and Locatelli is going to do just that, as he will be eligible for the next one where he is most likely to be a star just like Pirlo was. 

But regardless, it doesn't mean much in terms of where a player will end up anyway. Players like Bonera and Cesare Bovo also were stars in U21 Euro competitions, and we all know how they turned out. As a matter of fact, the same Pirlo that we were talking about was struggling BIG TIME after those U21 exploits. We took a gamble on him, and believed in him - the key part here.

Absolutely spot on about Paloschi in your example. But let's not forget that Locatelli isn't only defined by the goal against Juventus, whereas in Paloschi's case, that's all he had. No other playing time to judge on. Locatelli on the other hand had some excellent performances where he was probably our best midfielder. He has been a mainstay in our squad and not just a 1 minute wonder. And even towards the end of the season when he was coming on as a sub for Sosa, many of us just couldn't figure out how he is not starting as he was performing better than Sosa. 

I couldn't agree more with the 1st bold point. Which is why I think we need to have patience so that we don't lose another Vieira or Davids. Imo, Locatelli is good enough to be Biglia's deputy. I would much rather put my chips on him than an old and battered Montolivo or a useless Sosa. We have to have an eye on the future. Even Real Madrid, who is all about stars and money, buy young talents and groom them. 

Having said that, I agree with the second bolded part even more. Youngsters have to be realistic and self critical. Otherwise, the club is in a loss-loss situation. What I mean by that is, youngsters can use the "Milan is not competitive enough" card to go away from Milan, when in fact it is because they are playing that we are not competitive enough.......and YET when Milan is returning to being competitive and investing a ton in great players, youngsters see "too much competition and want to leave in order to play". They have to compensate a little bit here. Just like Milan has to keep an eye on the future and give them opportunities, the youngsters need to do the same and be patient with their club while focusing on their development.

It needs to be mutual. So if Milan is willing to be patient with Locatelli and develop him as the #1 deputy for Biglia, than Locatelli needs to be patient also and accept the fact that he is not good enough at the moment to be a starter for a Scudetto challenging team.....but since he is the first in line after Biglia, he should understand that he will get plenty of opportunities to play and develop.
(07-16-2017, 03:25 PM)Zahed Wrote: guys iv been thinking about what fassone said about other Attackers who the media didn't mention and these came to mind

lewandowski
Harry Kane
Jamie Vardy

i know some of the names are unrealistic but hell after the bonucci job who says we cant ?!

I don't want Vardy
(07-16-2017, 02:56 PM)Aficio Wrote: Eyes on Montella now.

But after thinking about the best coaches I have witnessed here, I don't think there is any that willing to give chances to a youngster at Locatelli's age when the team were competing for Scudetto.

Sacchi, Capello, Ancelotti or even Zac (thanks for 1998/1999) did not like to develop young players, especially at such important position.

And we lost world class players like David and Viera.

Pirlo was 23 when Carlo experimented him. And he was a real star at U21 when Loca is not even a starter.

So I think Locatelli is just not good enough, and the player himself needs to be realistic, even Juve deal shows that he is not ready.

If we send him on loan, it is better at a Serie B team to make sure he will get a lot of playing time.

Scoring against Buffon is a great moment, but I remember another great moment: 18 second goal of Paloschi.

Don't misunderstand, very few are ready at Locatelli's age to take on a role of great responsibility. I'm not suggesting Locatelli be a guaranteed starter, but should be used in rotation. That said, coaches like Sacchi and Capello have been prepared to give teens like Costacurta, Maldini, Panucci and Albertini a role in the first team. Ancelotti for his part showed faith in young talents too (22 year old Kaka became a starter very soon ahead of Rui Costa in his first European venture, while Pato was a starter pretty much straight away at 17).

About Locatelli in U21, it's easy to say he's not a starter, but bear in mind that players up to 23 can play in that tournament. Him playing a role in that side to begin with and not being part of a younger set up (e.g. U19) is already testament to how he's rated.

Also, the guy's already proven to have played at a relatively consistent level in Serie A, so why send him to Serie B? It's not just that he scored against Sassuolo and Juve, he played a lot last year. Serie B is a big step back.
We are now linked to Fabregas after the arrival of Bakayoko in Chelsea ...
About the comparison Loca-Pirlo, like Dev said, it's not fair : saying Pirlo was already a hyped starter in U21 when he was 23 and not Loca so Loca is not good enough means nothing, especially when Loca is only 18 ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(07-16-2017, 03:36 PM)nefremo Wrote: I don't think the Pirlo U21 comparison is fair. Pirlo was 21 years old when he was a star at the 2000 U21 Euro. Locatelli was simply added to this year's U21 squad as an 19 year old. It may seem like it's not a big deal, but it is. Not many players get to play in 2 U21 Euros...and Locatelli is going to do just that, as he will be eligible for the next one where he is most likely to be a star just like Pirlo was. 

But regardless, it doesn't mean much in terms of where a player will end up anyway. Players like Bonera and Cesare Bovo also were stars in U21 Euro competitions, and we all know how they turned out. As a matter of fact, the same Pirlo that we were talking about was struggling BIG TIME after those U21 exploits. We took a gamble on him, and believed in him - the key part here.

Absolutely spot on about Paloschi in your example. But let's not forget that Locatelli isn't only defined by the goal against Juventus, whereas in Paloschi's case, that's all he had. No other playing time to judge on. Locatelli on the other hand had some excellent performances where he was probably our best midfielder. He has been a mainstay in our squad and not just a 1 minute wonder. And even towards the end of the season when he was coming on as a sub for Sosa, many of us just couldn't figure out how he is not starting as he was performing better than Sosa. 

I couldn't agree more with the 1st bold point. Which is why I think we need to have patience so that we don't lose another Vieira or Davids. Imo, Locatelli is good enough to be Biglia's deputy. I would much rather put my chips on him than an old and battered Montolivo or a useless Sosa. We have to have an eye on the future. Even Real Madrid, who is all about stars and money, buy young talents and groom them. 

Having said that, I agree with the second bolded part even more. Youngsters have to be realistic and self critical. Otherwise, the club is in a loss-loss situation. What I mean by that is, youngsters can use the "Milan is not competitive enough" card to go away from Milan, when in fact it is because they are playing that we are not competitive enough.......and YET when Milan is returning to being competitive and investing a ton in great players, youngsters see "too much competition and want to leave in order to play". They have to compensate a little bit here. Just like Milan has to keep an eye on the future and give them opportunities, the youngsters need to do the same and be patient with their club while focusing on their development.

It needs to be mutual. So if Milan is willing to be patient with Locatelli and develop him as the #1 deputy for Biglia, than Locatelli needs to be patient also and accept the fact that he is not good enough at the moment to be a starter for a Scudetto challenging team.....but since he is the first in line after Biglia, he should understand that he will get plenty of opportunities to play and develop.

My point is Locatelli is not ready to be a starter for a Serie A team. He should agree with Serie B if he needs maximum playtime.

Regista is not easy to play. It is more about controlling the tempo than just giving precise longballs. Calm & focus > fighting spirit. And we already have a lot of good attackers: Sosa, Bonna, Hakan, Silva + Auba/Belotti/Kalinic or even Bacca, along with some forward moves from Conti, RR and Kersie, so regista needs to make no mistake more than joining the attack.

That's why I prefer the experience of Montolivo and Sosa.

And even if I put Locatelli at the 1st behind Biglia. The Argentinian will still play almost every match, leaving just some unimportant cup games. David & Viera left us because they only played the unimportant and not continuous matches. 

Bonucci can play CDM, so if I want to be safe, I play him there if Biglia need rest.

I think Locatelli should be humble and agree a Serie B team. At a Serie A team he can be a rotation player at most.

Or he could try other positions like box to box, CM or even AM, and be ready everytime the coach calls.

I mentioned Pirlo just to say that Locatelli is still very young to demand playtime. And if there are Bovo & Bonera like you mentioned, that could also mean our expectation for him could be wrong, playing him could cost points.

In conclusion, the best quality Locatelli should have now is attitude.
(07-16-2017, 06:50 AM)WCmilan Wrote: To me, Belotti has potential I haven't seen in a long time. His power and finishing is so impressive to me. He really reminds me of Sheva, who is my favorite to ever play for us tbh. 

I don't know how you see Belotti as similar to Sheva in playing style. They were different from each other. The only thing that links the two is that Belotti says his idol is Shevchenko and he's a Milanista. Belotti has more of a Vieri style to him...but so did Gilardino when we signed him. This can go both ways. 

It's a very comforting thing to hear that we are considering other names besides Auba and Belotti. I think we can find someone more appropriate for us, it's just my personal opinion. I still think we need a star player like Isco/Alcantara/Verratti/Dembele.

Is there any chance that we sign Aguero, Alexis Sanchez, Diego Costa or Gabriel Jesus? These are strikers that can win you championships. Any of those would be much better than Belotti or Aubameyang. Jesus IMO is a future balon d'or winner. He only went to City last year for 40m and there's no chance Guardiola's selling him though so best to give up on the next el fenomeno until something goes wrong and we pounce. 

(07-16-2017, 04:19 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: About Locatelli in U21, it's easy to say he's not a starter, but bear in mind that players up to 23 can play in that tournament. Him playing a role in that side to begin with and not being part of a younger set up (e.g. U19) is already testament to how he's rated.

exactly. ppl often degrade Locatelli by thinking he was a substitute to Gagliardini and Benassi (who are 23 and 4 years older than him). he's growing and he's taking his time. not every youngster out there is a donnarumma.

I don't think we will sell Locatelli because signing of Biglia at 31 is a clear indication that we are investing in the role model we want Locatelli to follow (they have similar style and Lucas has the leadership qualities we'd want Manuel to absorb). Plus being 31, that means Locatelli should see plenty of time next year. Just as long as we ship out Montolivo + Sosa.
No new signing yet? Aubumeyang? So boring... I better go and have fun at our neighbour's forum  Sagrin
@Hitman

Gattuso said it first:
http://www.football-italia.net/95101/‘be...shevchenko
He played with Sheva so I think he knows best Wink

Also, comparisons to Gilardino are ridiculous - he was a poacher and if anything more similar to Inzaghi.
Belotti is a clean footed striker who keeps it simple and has incredible power, strength and explosiveness with the goalscoaring ability of a top poacher.

My question is, have you ever watched Belotti lol
(07-16-2017, 04:19 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Don't misunderstand, very few are ready at Locatelli's age to take on a role of great responsibility. I'm not suggesting Locatelli be a guaranteed starter, but should be used in rotation. That said, coaches like Sacchi and Capello have been prepared to give teens like Costacurta, Maldini, Panucci and Albertini a role in the first team. Ancelotti for his part showed faith in young talents too (22 year old Kaka became a starter very soon ahead of Rui Costa in his first European venture, while Pato was a starter pretty much straight away at 17).

About Locatelli in U21, it's easy to say he's not a starter, but bear in mind that players up to 23 can play in that tournament. Him playing a role in that side to begin with and not being part of a younger set up (e.g. U19) is already testament to how he's rated.

Also, the guy's already proven to have played at a relatively consistent level in Serie A, so why send him to Serie B? It's not just that he scored against Sassuolo and Juve, he played a lot last year. Serie B is a big step back.

The old guardians first Big Grin

My points is there are positions that more demanding than the other in term of experience.

The positions, IMO, are GK, CB, and playmakers. With playmakers, the deeper the more disciplined needed because you must join the defense.

Maldini is physically developed at young age, and he played leftback. Panucci came at 20 and was more as sideback than CB.

Costacurta became starter at 22, not teen anymore Big Grin after a loan season Monza at Serie C1 and another season as a sub.

Albertini became starter at 20, but after a super season at Padova in Serie B.

Costacurta was CB, and Albertini regista. 

Why Serie B not good for 19 year old Locatelli? Big Grin

My assessment about his ability is lower than yours. But do you think Atalanta or Sassuolo will play him enough matches. They will prefer their players & their youngsters. Serie B can give him much more playtime.

Like I answered nefremo, we have enough attack power, regista needs make less mistake than use energy to attack. And Locatelli still need to learn about control the tempo.

Of course he needs to learn from Biglia, but do you think learning from Montolio & Sosa also benefit him? Big Grin