Summer transfer window 2017
(08-10-2017, 01:55 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: I think many people are going to be disappointed when Kalinic puts on the Milan shirt

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong

We'll need photo's if that happens. hahaha
I'm hoping we still get Auba but it's looking more and more likely we'll end up with someone else... Not sure Kalinic is who we'll get though... We might let do Costa for 6 months then Ibra... would be a significantly better option vs Kalinic
(08-10-2017, 01:55 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: I think many people are going to be disappointed when Kalinic puts on the Milan shirt

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong

I still think we'll end up with Aubameyang... 

If it is Kalinic though, I'll be beyond disappointed. Complete waste of money.
We should be after Schick instead of Kalinic. Confused
I still don't get our reasoning as to why we want to get Kalinic rather than keep Bacca. Bacca wants to stay if he can play, which he will. He actually wants to give his best as he has a lot to prove with this new upgraded team. Nonetheless, makes no sense to sell one older striker only to pay another older striker who will score less. Kalinic will not get us 20+ goals while bacca might. He did ok given the team we had anyway.

I still don't think he dealt with his situation well, but then again Montella has just been a dick to him.
It seems to me that Montella wants a different type of striker than Bacca. Bacca is quite useless outside of the box, he has been let down by his first touch many times, and after watching him over his two years here, it is quite clear that he isn’t the type of player that takes part in the build up. Kalinic is much less prolific but he is more versatile, and while I’d prefer him the least out of the strikers we are linked with, I’d take him over Bacca for sure.
(08-10-2017, 09:41 AM)Nicolas Wrote: It seems to me that Montella wants a different type of striker than Bacca. Bacca is quite useless outside of the box, he has been let down by his first touch many times, and after watching him over his two years here, it is quite clear that he isn’t the type of player that takes part in the build up. Kalinic is much less prolific but he is more versatile, and while I’d prefer him the least out of the strikers we are linked with, I’d take him over Bacca for sure.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Many of his goals in Belgium and la Liga come from outside of the box. We've just been feeding him crappy balls as well as not working with a two striker system (which is the system that saw him win become topscorer). I also think we don't need another build up player, as that gives us no double figure striker which is highly problematic.

Bacca is extremely talented and skilled, although one-dimensional. Let's not forget that we got one of the best strikers in Europe two years ago. We did something wrong, cos even though we played like crap he still kept scoring as much as possible.
(08-10-2017, 09:48 AM)Mathias Wrote: I wholeheartedly disagree. Many of his goals in Belgium and la Liga come from outside of the box. We've just been feeding him crappy balls as well as not working with a two striker system (which is the system that saw him win become topscorer). I also think we don't need another build up player, as that gives us no double figure striker which is highly problematic.

Bacca is extremely talented and skilled, although one-dimensional. Let's not forget that we got one of the best strikers in Europe two years ago. We did something wrong, cos even though we played like crap he still kept scoring as much as possible.

I agree, I want Bacca to be sold, but only for an upgrade in the team, aka Auba/Belotti/Diego Costa or any other striker of that kind of level ...
If it's only to take Kalinic, let's keep Bacca (and add a guy like Ibra) !

We could play a 2 striker formation as well, with Bacca (and if Ibra comes : Ibra) being the striker who has to be the closest from the goal and the other one (Silva or Cutrone) moving around him.

That would be, of course, a bit disappointing, but far better than Kalinic up front.

PS : Montella was given a complete new team, but if one piece misses, he can and must also adapt !
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Well I guess we just see him in different lights. To me he has only ever worked when the whole team would cater to his needs, and whenever things don’t go his way he starts sulking. I really dislike his attitude, ever since the end of his first season.

On top of that he clearly isn’t the type of striker that Montella (or any other top team for that matter) wants up front, and I believe that it is because of his lacking mobility and his limited skillset.
Does Bacca want to stay? To me the noises are he wants only Sevilla. Anyway, the guy is too limited to work on the game we want to play. Technically he's not a good player, he's a good poacher, but his work off the ball is generally poor and his attitude especially stinks. I'm not saying Kalinic is particularly a better alternative, even though he will fit the system better.

It was interesting watching Andre Silva yesterday. He didn't have a great game, but you can see how he fits the system better already than Bacca. He drops off the frontline to collect the ball and was a physical presence. His movement was also significantly better, notable on purely the basis the number of times he was a nuisance for the Betis defence.

That said, yesterday still confirmed my feelings on what we need. We need a top forward, as Andre Silva looks a great prospect, but he needs time and patience to grow. We also need a CM midfield alternative to Kessie. It was clear to see that without him yesterday the midfield lacked the physical presence and running that Kessie brings.

I think we may need to consider a wideman too. It seems Niang might be trusted to the role (presuming that mostly we will use all of Jack, Calhanoglu and Suso in the lineup), but if we're sticking to 4-3-3 then I'm not sure Niang and Borini are really reliable alternatives in the wide areas.
Meanwhile Marco Benassi has joined Fiorentina. Does that mean Badelj would be leaving?