Summer transfer window 2017
Read about Draxler to. But I don't know if it's reliable.
(08-16-2017, 05:29 PM)Hitman Wrote: That's much better.. first couple of weeks in June you were getting impatient that we weren't signing a player every day after already having spent like 100m in the first week.  Mirabelli & Fassone have earnt our trust with what they've done so far and we should only judge them at September 1. Whoever is complaining right now should be ignored because the management not done yet. A proper assessment of their work can only be given at the end of the mercato. 

Calm down, Hitman, will you? Why are you bringing me into this? What do you mean by me getting impatient first couples of weeks in June? I had to search and got nothing. Did you mean this on June 30?

(06-30-2017, 11:53 AM)xudong Wrote: I know that I am being greedy right now, but all these rumors without actual signings remind me of Galliani era. Sad
(06-30-2017, 02:41 PM)Hitman Wrote: There are still July and August coming up too. Only a third of the mercato has been done. Smashing our record for transfer window spending the first 10 days of June wasn't enough for you? We've signed 5 players officially, Conti & Hakan could make it 7 in a week. We have never ever spent this much this fast before.
Huh
(06-30-2017, 05:48 PM)xudong Wrote: That's why I said that I am being greedy. Big Grin
I am not unhappy. I just want to be even happier. Big Grin

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. If you read everything I posted, you can easily see that I am very grateful for this new management. Granted, my sarcasm was not easily detectable, which justified your following questioning. But that's exactly why I clarified, and I thought that it would be clear to you. But it seems that you just wanted to remember what you want to remember. I understand that you probably don't have the time or patience to read everyone's every post (I do, as long as they are in English), but at least try not to take things out of context. 

I have known you since the old MM time (you were under a slightly different username), and have always admired your passion as well, but man, you certainly have a way to irritate people. I read on other Milan forums as well, and I know that you will agree with me that this site has a very different culture than others. I happen to appreciate this culture very, very much, which is why I only post here. I suppose that you are already trying to behave and be courteous and probably didn't feel that you did anything wrong (I apologize in advance if I may sound condescending, but I didn't mean to), but you were gone for a few years, then as soon as you were back you got involved in several unpleasant run-ins with several members in a short period of time. Maybe there is after all something about you (not claiming that you are the only culprit, or that I have any "advice"). 

I don't even agree with Jay on this matter. I think he is too negative, but guess what? He has been around all the time through thick and thin. We all respect him, his passion, his opinions, and even his writing style. Not to say that "seniority" is the factor, but when you are always here making contribution to the site, people tend to see you as a real person and friend, not just someone hiding behind a screen and caring about only his/her own opinion.

I will not further comment on this. I wish you well, because I appreciate the diversity of opinions, and do enjoy reading your long and passionate (no sarcasm) posts. I will now go back to mercato issues. Cheers.
It's amazing how a bit of respect goes a long way. I don't always agree with people. And I'm sure I probably have some in here that aren't fans of me... *cough*Sampinjon*cough* but at the end of the day, we're all here for the same reason, we all love the club, agree to disagree and move on... Not need for all the bitching... I'm sure we all have enough Drama in our lives without having to add to it on this...
Now, as for Kalinic, I'm not entirely upset but the signing... Yes he's no Auba/Belotti but let's be realistic here... go back pre mercato, take out Bonucci and us openly courting Auba/Belotti, would we not be satisfied with signing Kalinic to replace Bacca? It's better we get the right mix of players first and then the big names/game changers next.
That being said, if we don't sign a striker then we'd better be getting a LW and another CM(kessie backup/Bonaventura starter). In fact, I would rather see us sign someone Forsbeg and Kovacic, then I would Auba...
Given the right conditions I think Silva and Cutrone will be great strikers and those two signings would finish off our team. Granted our Strikers would be our "weakness" but I'd be ok with that... worst case Silva/Cutrone don't do the job and we can go for Belotti next season, best case they take off and we wont need to spend 70+mill on another striker.
If we bought Gomez for 8.5 million, what's the point of letting him leaving for 4 or 5 million (the alleged price)? It is not like we need to offload him. If and when he leaves, we will have to find a replacement, which will probably cost 10 or more in this silly market.

Unless the player himself wants to leave, of course.

One more question: will we play 3 or 4 in the back? I guess only time will tell.
(08-17-2017, 02:04 AM)xudong Wrote: If we bought Gomez for 8.5 million, what's the point of letting him leaving for 4 or 5 million (the alleged price)? It is not like we need to offload him. If and when he leaves, we will have to find a replacement, which will probably cost 10 or more in this silly market.

Unless the player himself wants to leave, of course.

One more question: will we play 3 or 4 in the back? I guess only time will tell.

If we're letting Gomez go and Palletta potentially leaving, one would assume we'd be sticking with 4 in the back...
We'd be left with Bonucci, Roma, Musacchio, Zapata which means for depth, we'd likely need to sign one more defender... preferrably a good young one
Guys lets not turn this place into R&B. I much prefer the atmosphere we create around these parts to all the craziness that happens over there, regardless of whether they get news of transfers first or not.

In relation to Gomez, has anyone actually made any noise about his being transferred out after someone mentioned it a few days back?
To me it seems more of a news fabrication than anything, not to mention that it really doesn't make sense when it's been claimed that Sosa and Paletta are the only two players in the squad that we are actively looking to sell off right now.

To be fair, I haven't seen enough of Kalinic to form an opinion, but I have seen enough of Bacca to note just how frustrating the player has been to management and fans over the past 2 years. It's not simply a matter of who can score more goals, but just how much a player can affect our play. Bacca, whilst able to score goals if you put it on a plate for him, really doesn't help much in the build up phase, nor does he do anything in the defensive phase. If you notice how we played during the preseason games (vs BVB and Bayern), you would notice just how big of a difference it made. I mean, even Crutrone managed to score 2 goals in our new setup, but the lad also actively helps in both the buildup AND defensive phases. It's the way Montella wants to play, and probably the way our new team wants to play. Sometimes if you don't fit the system, you just won't fit the system regardless.

As appreciative as I am that he was the one "big name" that we managed to get when times were rough, and as thankful as I am of his service to the club, he just never seemed to mesh in the systems that we have been playing for the last year or so. I think everyone knows, even him, that it's time to part ways.

As for a new Marquee striker, I also believe that it's been confirmed that we are still getting someone. Whilst the opportunity to grab Bonucci (remember he only costs us 14M this year) was an unexpected yet unmissable opportunity, it did throw our budget into a bit of disarray. I believe that China already righted the ship on that by adding a bit of money to our budget in the last week or so, specifically to buy our marquee striker.
I also believe that it's suppose to be Aubameyang, and that we are just waiting on BVB to acquire a replacement before everything moves, kind of like how we needed to assure Bacca moved on first before bringing in Kalinic.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Lol I highly doubt this mercato is done. We'll either sign a top forward or top winger 100% regardless of Kalinic coming or not.

If we play with two strikers, then we need Kalinic. Silva, Kalinic, Auba. One of them gets injured then what? Some of you would probably say "but we could've got someone cheaper" show me one player in this market? It doesn't make sense to have a below par sub & if we're playing in 3 competitions they will all have plenty of game time. Plus, they are three different players - they diversify our attack.

Kalinic doesn't bag a whole lot of goals, but he's on par with Bacca in terms of scoring. The only difference is that in any given situation he'll be better for our general gameplay. He can make a pass with either foot, he can hold off defenders really well, he can combine fantastically. Bacca was incapable of all three of those. He was a good player but Kalinic is an upgrade and I'm content with his signing. He definitely isn't what I consider a big signing, so if he is our last signing I'd be disappointed, but it's too early to make that judgment.

On the flip side, if we sign a winger it'll still be good to have Kalinic because we don't have a backup striker. Bacca gone, Niang is gone shortly.. Let's not allow Cutrones performances get to our heads, he's not ready for a big role. He's a good player but Serie A is a different beast than Craiova & friendlies. No doubt he's one for the future, but a season out on loan will be good for him IMO. Otherwise, if he does stay, I'm all for him getting playing time but not someone I'd rely on as a vice-Silva and only have them two as our strikers regardless of a two or one striker formation it's very thin and risky.

On Gustavo Gomez, I think Paletta is 10x better than him. He is probably my least favourite player on the entire team. He's young and shows heart, but his playing style is cringe worthy. I'd sell him over Paletta.
Reading the posts from the last few days, I thought for a moment I was on R&B.
(08-17-2017, 12:46 AM)xudong Wrote: Calm down, Hitman, will you? Why are you bringing me into this? What do you mean by me getting impatient first couples of weeks in June? I had to search and got nothing. Did you mean this on June 30?

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. If you read everything I posted, you can easily see that I am very grateful for this new management. Granted, my sarcasm was not easily detectable, which justified your following questioning. But that's exactly why I clarified, and I thought that it would be clear to you. But it seems that you just wanted to remember what you want to remember. I understand that you probably don't have the time or patience to read everyone's every post (I do, as long as they are in English), but at least try not to take things out of context. 

I have known you since the old MM time (you were under a slightly different username), and have always admired your passion as well, but man, you certainly have a way to irritate people. I read on other Milan forums as well, and I know that you will agree with me that this site has a very different culture than others. I happen to appreciate this culture very, very much, which is why I only post here. I suppose that you are already trying to behave and be courteous and probably didn't feel that you did anything wrong (I apologize in advance if I may sound condescending, but I didn't mean to), but you were gone for a few years, then as soon as you were back you got involved in several unpleasant run-ins with several members in a short period of time. Maybe there is after all something about you (not claiming that you are the only culprit, or that I have any "advice"). 

I don't even agree with Jay on this matter. I think he is too negative, but guess what? He has been around all the time through thick and thin. We all respect him, his passion, his opinions, and even his writing style. Not to say that "seniority" is the factor, but when you are always here making contribution to the site, people tend to see you as a real person and friend, not just someone hiding behind a screen and caring about only his/her own opinion.

I will not further comment on this. I wish you well, because I appreciate the diversity of opinions, and do enjoy reading your long and passionate (no sarcasm) posts. I will now go back to mercato issues. Cheers.

Xu, don't worry, we all know most of your posts (except this one obviously) will contain some sarcasm or joke at some point, especially when you post short messages !

Let's have fun guys, look at our neighbours : they have had a 50M negative balance in this mercato so far and yet, they didn't bring any quality player !
=> Dalbert for 20M (without bonus etc), Borja Valero for 5.5M, Skriniar for 25M and Vecino for 24M, Zaniolo for 1.80M and Odgaard for 1.5M
Now relax and enjoy our last days of mercato, Kalinic or no Kalinic in ! Big Grin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !