Matchday 26: Sassuolo vs. Milan (Sunday, February 26, 2017 15:00 CET)
This is so unfair. Angry  Just because that I opened three match threads and Milan grind out 7 points despite facing enormous adversity in each and every single game, now I have to take credit for that? Icon_lol2 Now I have to keep opening match threads? Angry Big Grin Grinundwech 

Okay, here is the deal... I am going to have a crazy week, so I am just going to open this thread and forget about it. Big Grin You guys will take care of filling this thread with meaningful and stimulating opinions and views, right? Big Grin

My two cents before I take off...

If my memory serves me correctly, Milan has earned a whopping total of 0 Serie A points away at Sassuolo's Mapei Stadium ever since Sassuolo moved up to Serie A. 0 points! That infamous 3-4 loss cost Allegri his job; Last season's 0-2 loss was a turning point of season and effectively killed off Mihajlovic. Sad

This is probably one of the worst Milan quality-wise, so I am expecting another tough loss. If Donnarumma played well, maybe, just maybe, we can avoid humiliation. Will we steal our first ever point against Sassuolo? I don't think so, unfortunately. Sad

News, called up players, etc to follow.  Sagrin
Given the form of Sassuolo, we can't lose again there !
It's a must win, especially because of the other games that day ...

Napoli - Atalanta
Lazio - Udinese
Inter - Roma
Fiorentina - Torino

2nd - Roma (56 pts)
3rd - Napoli (54 pts)
4th - Inter (48 pts)
5th - Atalanta (48 pts)
6th - Lazio (46 pts)
7th - Milan (44 pts)

I'm not sure about what to hope though ...

A win for both Inter and Atalanta, combined with our win, could put pressure on both Napoli and Roma who would see several teams breathing in the neck (which adds pressure and could make them lose some "easy" game ?) ... Or a loss for Inter and Atalanta, combined with our win, which could let us be back in the 4th place race, which is a useless goal IMO (CL or nothing !).

Who knows, in the first case, Juventus could have a 10 point margin at the end of the day, and we play them soon (10th of March), just a few days before their game in CL (14th of March). With such a margin, they could send a B team against us, especially if they don't have a great result tomorrow in Porto !
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at ... Us ?
Every game is a must win, but this is one where we can't really afford to fail. Sassuolo are a bit all over the place with their results, so we have a real chance.
For anyone interested, please see my recent project at 
(02-21-2017, 02:02 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Every game is a must win, but this is one where we can't really afford to fail. Sassuolo are a bit all over the place with their results, so we have a real chance.

Of course, but given the quality of our team, nowadays, in some games, we tend to "accept" the loss or the idea of losing (some years ago, losing against Napoli would make me quite angry for days, while nowadays, I'm almost satisfied by our performance once we were 0-2 down, no more anger, just a bit of frustration for the loss ...).

A game against this Sassuolo and with some of our rivals facing each other is a MUST-must-win game ! Sagrin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at ... Us ?
Yes, this is a very important round given the fact that the teams above us are playing each other.

Geo, about not being sure who you want to win/lose in the Napoli/Atalanta and Inter/Roma match ups........maybe this reasoning will make it easier for youBig Grin :

1. We have absolutely no chance of reaching 3rd place this year, even if Roma/Napoli lose this weekend. There is no way that we can gather at least 10 more points than both Napoli and Roma until the end of the season (10 and 12 points is what they have more than us now). Reasons for this are simple...not enough qualify, injuries, lack of consistency, Roma/Napoli incredible consistency vs small clubs, etc.

2. Inter actually has a legitimate chance of reaching 3rd place unlike us, for various reasons. This weekend will either strengthen their belief or completely kill it off. I don't know about you, but I would hate it for Inter to be in the CL and not us. So I hope they don't win.

3. Since our only realistic chance for Europe is the EL, it is far better for us that the teams that currently occupy those spots lose this weekend.

I for one am sure hoping that Roma and Napoli tear up Atalanta and Inter. BUT, as always, it means nothing if we can't win our own battle against Sassuolo.
(02-21-2017, 05:55 PM)xudong Wrote: Yes, this is a very important round given the fact that the teams above us are playing each other.

Geo, about not being sure who you want to win/lose in the Napoli/Atalanta and Inter/Roma match ups........maybe this reasoning will make it easier for youBig Grin :

1. We have absolutely no chance of reaching 3rd place this year, even if Roma/Napoli lose this weekend. There is no way that we can gather at least 10 more points than both Napoli and Roma until the end of the season (10 and 12 points is what they have more than us now). Reasons for this are simple...not enough qualify, injuries, lack of consistency, Roma/Napoli incredible consistency vs small clubs, etc.

2. Inter actually has a legitimate chance of reaching 3rd place unlike us, for various reasons. This weekend will either strengthen their belief or completely kill it off. I don't know about you, but I would hate it for Inter to be in the CL and not us. So I hope they don't win.

3. Since our only realistic chance for Europe is the I don't care that much if we play in the EL, it is far better for us that the teams that currently occupy those spots lose this weekend. I just want to see Milan play well or win, or preferably, both.

I for one am sure hoping that Roma and Napoli tear up Atalanta and Inter. BUT, as always, it still means nothing everything even if we can't win our own battle against Sassuolo.

Sorry, nefremo. I changed your post to be mine.  Sagrin Sagrin Sagrin
Hahaha good one!
(02-21-2017, 05:43 AM)xudong Wrote: If my memory serves me correctly, Milan has earned a whopping total of 0 Serie A points away at Sassuolo's Mapei Stadium ever since Sassuolo moved up to Serie A. 0 points! That infamous 3-4 loss cost Allegri his job; Last season's 0-2 loss was a turning point of season and effectively killed off Mihajlovic. Sad

Yeah this is a really difficult game. I do think our chances of beating them are quite good though, and I guess in a way a win would be another signal that Milan is slowly rising from the ashes again, putting the past behind us, etc.
This time round Berardi is playing. Hopefully we can pull another "magical stuff" here like the ugly 1-0 win vs Bologna.
I haven't followed any team other than Milan. How is Berardi doing this season?