Matchday 33: Milan - Empoli (Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 15:00 CET)
(04-23-2017, 04:22 PM)nefremo Wrote: We truly need a mini revolution if we want to fight for the top spots.

Yeap ,starting with headcoach.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(04-23-2017, 04:22 PM)nefremo Wrote: As refreshing as Deulofeu's pace and 1v1 ability has been, the end product is just so bad. We need a player that can do the things Deulofeu does, but also able to finish the moves with more composure rather than "shit himself" when it's time to finish the move.

We truly need a mini revolution if we want to fight for the top spots.

mini? Big Grin We have so many crappy players to get rid of. We have so many huge holes to plug if we want to fight for top spots. 

Donnarumma and Romagnoli are the only two star players we have now. (Thank you, Miha!) 

Locatelli should stay too. My concerns for him simply come from Montella's hesitance of using him. I am not confident in my own judgment, and can only trust the coach. Loyalty, commitment and passion are often underrated, which is why I would rather keep players like Poli over a bunch of others. I hope that Locatelli can grow into a great player we can rely on for many years to come.

I used to support De Sciglio but he just won't make it easy for me. 

Players like Suso and Deulofeu are welcome to stay, but their departure won't be as devastating as Donnarumma or Romagnoli. 
Agree with Xu 100%.
Zapata and Paletta would have already been recycled out of the club last year if this were 6 or 7 years ago.
We have so many players in midfield that we really don't need. Heck has Poli even played a single minute in the second half of this season?

What we need is to incorporate a bunch of youngsters with drive and passion for achieving results and attaining silverware. We've done well to throw away many of the old guard in the last year and a half, but we're only halfway there in terms of renewing our squad.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
I say mini revolution because a full revolution would be the entire line up. Big Grin

In Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Bonaventura and Suso we have 4 capable starters that are able to make the difference in their own way. Hopefully Locatelli becomes a part of that group. The rest are either useless or simply need to be shifted to the bench to make room for better players on the field.
Disappointed from top down, even Montella. Loca's benching requires an explanation, if it is not realistic to expect an explanation now definitely need it at end of season ... and 'protecting a young player' can not be it.
Why Romagnoli is not playing? Not fit? And yeah playing Sosa and Pasalic week in week out is beyond me.
(04-23-2017, 05:03 PM)reza Wrote: Disappointed from top down, even Montella. Loca's benching requires an explanation, if it is not realistic to expect an explanation now definitely need it at end of season ... and 'protecting a young player' can not be it.

I agree. The "protecting a young player" thing was only plausible when Locatelli was in a little rough patch a couple of months ago. Since then he has lifted himself up and has been a bright spot every time he's come on for Sosa. I don't understand the decision to keep starting Sosa, who has actually been very poor, and at times has even looked uninterested.

@edysim, apparently Romagnoli picked up a little knock today (or yesterday) so he just wasn't risked.
The really disappointing thing is the attitude of the players in general. They were too relaxed yesterday and didn't seem to think that we could lose this match. And again we saw the usual problems where we struggle to create chances and dominate when playing weaker teams that sit back. This is mainly a midfield problem, and one that must be addressed in the summer. Can't believe we threw away three points here. We'd basically be qualified for the EL if we'd won!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
For once, I have no qualms in saying that this loss is completely on Montella. Bad squad selection, bad subs. HE was absolutely clueless on how to break down Empoli.
True. When you can't kill off a minnow like Empoli when you play at San Siro, there is simply no excuse.