Andre Silva
Andre Silva definitely has the potential to be great! Can't wait to see him popping in goals
He seems very talented, looks like the type of striker who can score a lot of goals but what impresses me from previous videos is that he can dribble really well too.
(08-02-2017, 11:39 PM)Hitman Wrote: I think he meant Shevchenko.

I did think of whether it might have been Shevchenko too tbh, especially Sheva in his later years at Milan.
At Silva's age, he can only directly witness Sheva & Pippo. Ibra's time was short, Ronaldo's is even shorter, and both are quite the mercenary type.
But it was Montella who said that; either Sheva, Weah or Van Basten
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
I wonder if this is a not so subtle message from to Gattuso

http://www.milannews.it/social-network/t...ora-281012

Bear in mind Silva's supposedly Gattuso's "next project" to get players in form and Gattuso himself said he would have liked for the team to stay together during the break to train, but it wasn't possible.

edit: I know tweeting or posting instagram images is common nowerdays, but this felt very timely given all the recent rumours/comments
(01-09-2018, 01:53 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I wonder if this is a not so subtle message from to Gattuso

http://www.milannews.it/social-network/t...ora-281012

Bear in mind Silva's supposedly Gattuso's "next project" to get players in form and Gattuso himself said he would have liked for the team to stay together during the break to train, but it wasn't possible.

edit: I know tweeting or posting instagram images is common nowerdays, but this felt very timely given all the recent rumours/comments

especially considering the kid usually posts other sorts of stuff. To post something like this is out of the norm and the timing is curious.
I think he'll ride out the rest of the season. I definitely don't see him leaving in January, but you never know.
He still didn't score today, but I thought he played extremely well. Note that I am not commenting on his effort, which he showed a high level as well. His holdup play was effective, and today his pressing and defending were impressive too.

To me, his style is quite different from Cutrone. Based on his performance today, I wonder if it is possible for them to play together in the future, because they seem to complement each other.
His performance was excellent I agree, and as you said it was more than just his effort. In terms of differences to Cutrone, he's more technical and potentially (the keyword here) better in build up play than the Italian. I think both can build a partnership if it's nurtured correctly, as we've seen glimpses of it in EL. What was really positive to see was Cutrone went straight to him after the final whistle to joke about he "head assist" for Calhanoglu.

That said, for now it's hard to give Silva more time. He needs to keep repeating this appearance as a sub for a little while. Hopefully, he gets the start against Ludogorets this week though.

I have no doubts if he can maintain the efforts he showed yesterday, he will score sooner rather than later.