Poll: Which one?
Sacchi
Capello
Ancelotti
[Show Results]

Who do you prefer?
I still remember sheva goal agains real receiving pass from rui that splitting real defense

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
https://youtu.be/3Hd-JDimI3w

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
That pass from Rui Costa to Sheva was one of the most memorable through balls of the Ancelotti era. Another that imo is equally good is Kaka's pass for Crespo in the 2005 final.

I'm like nefremo, watching Sacchi's Milan in the 80s I was too young to understand the tactical innovations at the time. Instead, it was the entertainment of watching that side and the pace and intensity they played at that left a lasting impression on me. I always think it's one of the reasons why I always want to see us playing at pace and intensity today and a reason I like direct high pressing football.

Of course, being a kid the other reason I was so enamoured with Sacchi's team was the Dutch trio, in particular Van Basten and especially Gullit. Seeing this long dreadlocked and super cool player (even when he played, it was at pace but he looked awesome and never rushed), wearing the bright red and black stripes in a packed out San Siro (the curva of the 80s and 90s was incredible especially when in full flow with the flags) left a lasting impression on me as a kid.
You could also enter Nils Liedholm another maestro ,anyway i will not vote anybody because are 3 legend of football and if you make a list of the top 10 coaches ever ,they are present and Sacchi the first of the list.
Sacchi and Ancelotti they are quite similar because both of them wanted a winning team but at the same time playing well in football (Ancelotti is a creation of Sacchi)there would be much to talk about.
instead Capello very different 4.4.2 compact and strong team ,defensive line like a wall ,no goal suffered ,counter-attack game and winning team.

Sacchi and Ancelotti are like Guardiola (Barcelona era)
Capello like Mourinho (Inter era)
Wait do you mean Liedholm's Milan as a coach (e.g. 1978-79)? If so while they won, I doubt they'd count as an all time great Milan (a bit like Zaccheroni's), certainly ahead of them would be the Milan of the 50s with Gre-No-Li (Liedholm playing in midfield) and Nereo Rocco's Milan from the 60s.

However, I presume the point of this is to discuss Milan of the modern era (following Berlusconi taking over the club) and these three sides are the best representatives of the greatest Milan sides in that time. Certainly I'm in no position to talk about Milan sides prior to Berlusconi, as while I've read up on those sides and watched bits and pieces of them over the years, they're not sides that I can really comment on in any detail.
(09-04-2017, 09:00 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Wait do you mean Liedholm's Milan as a coach (e.g. 1978-79)? If so while they won, I doubt they'd count as an all time great Milan (a bit like Zaccheroni's), certainly ahead of them would be the Milan of the 50s with Gre-No-Li (Liedholm playing in midfield) and Nereo Rocco's Milan from the 60s.

However, I presume the point of this is to discuss Milan of the modern era (following Berlusconi taking over the club) and these three sides are the best representatives of the greatest Milan sides in that time. Certainly I'm in no position to talk about Milan sides prior to Berlusconi, as while I've read up on those sides and watched bits and pieces of them over the years, they're not sides that I can really comment on in any detail.

My mistake i wanted to write obviously Nereo Rocco.