Patrick Cutrone
I think that he deserves his own thread now after being promoted and performing as well as he has done. He really can't stop scoring at the moment - he played for the U21's against Slovenia and scored the opening goal off a Locatelli assist (see youtube clip below). While we're on the topic of youth team graduates, Calabria and Vido also featured in this game.

Siamo a posto cosi.
Thank Mystik  Okmilan

We now have a true gem  Heart
It's great to see Cutrone and Locatelli have such a great understanding (note that this goal was similar to that against Cagliari). Obviously spending something like 8 years together in the youth system has cultivated that.
Cutrone is wearing #20? Does that mean that he is not the regular, first-choice striker?
According to transfermarkt, he has only played once for U21 which means the last game he played in was his debut (for U21). AFAIK U21 normally contain footballer age until 23 years old (this time I checked, only players under or still 21 years old are on the team). He must be very talented since many of players in this team usually from Serie A players. Locatelli was also not regular first team I think.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(09-06-2017, 11:10 AM)Siregar Wrote: According to transfermarkt, he has only played once for U21 which means the last game he played in was his debut (for U21). AFAIK U21 normally contain footballer age until 23 years old (this time I checked, only players under or still 21 years old are on the team). He must be very talented since many of players in this team usually from Serie A players. Locatelli was also not regular first team I think.
I believe that they have to be under 21 at the beginning of qualification (which is now) and then by the time the tournament rolls around in two years they will therefore have to be under 23. Both Locatelli and Cutrone played for the U19 with Loca playing fairly regularly.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Wikipedia now says that Cutrone has played 2 U-21 games and scored 1.

What an achievement for him to outplay his own age. Just like Donnarumma in senior team, and we should be proud of all of them (Locatelli too). Too bad Dollar is being a snake. Still..
(09-06-2017, 07:50 PM)xudong Wrote: Wikipedia now says that Cutrone has played 2 U-21 games and scored 1.

What an achievement for him to outplay his own age. Just like Donnarumma in senior team, and we should be proud of all of them (Locatelli too). Too bad Dollar is being a snake. Still..

That's true. Someone could not imagine before that we could finally have our own products who are starters and arguably important player like Donarumma. Like you said, too bad with Donarumma. He is like player not from our academy, it is like we bought him to Milan.

Hopefully Cutrone's and Locatelli's attitudes are not like Donarumma's.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I don't think the upturn in our youth department is actually a huge shock. While Berlusconi and Galliani got a lot wrong over the past 10 or so years, the one thing they did make significant improvements in is the investment in the youth sector. This included improving the scouting (notably with Bianchessi who has unfortunately left under the new management) and actually making significant investment in getting top young talents (e.g. Mastour's investment was huge given his age). They've also put in place a structure where all age groups are encouraged to play with the same style of play as the senior team.

If you set up a clear structure in place and invest then it's inevitable that there will be results. With young talents there's always the risk it doesn't always work out, like with Mastour, but the law of averages means that you will end up with successes too.

The real positive for us is that it doesn't seem the new management are going to stop investment in youth talents, as during the summer a number of promising players came in and we're potentially looking at huge investments in January with Pellegri and/or Salcedo.
A lot of our best youth talents came from what Galliani & Berlusconi left behind tbh.

Donnarumma, Locatelli, Calabria, Cutrone were all part of our youth setup previously. Before Berlusconi finally bowed out, he did emphasize that he wanted to invest in our youth. While our first team was depreciating they did make significant steps forward in our youth academy, that much I have to give them credit for.