Patrick Cutrone
Quote: Of the three Italian talents who came up through the ranks at San Siro, only Calabria remains in the squad, as Locatelli was sold to Sassuolo and Cutrone today joined Wolves.

“Brother, I still can’t believe it, but this is the harsh reality,” wrote Locatelli on Instagram.

“From kids making their debuts to the senior squad, a story we can tell to children who are chasing the same dreams we had. That dream that after eight years we could look each other in the eye and say, we did it.

“You were the perfect incarnation of what it means to be Milan. I wish you the best, because you deserve it. Life forces us to make choices and we have to take them. I hope for you that this is the right path. I am convinced that with your determination and hunger, you’ll give your all and prove yourself in England too.

“Distance can never be a problem for us, and we’ve already proved that. I can only say that I’ll always be here for you. All the best, my brother.”

Calabria also sent a message to Cutrone via Instagram.

“It’ll be strange, so very strange, after all these years not to be in the same dressing room, wearing the same shirt, not having you constantly under my feet at Milanello. But that is football. That is life.

“You already know everything I think and what you need to do. It won’t be easy, but with your grit, you’ll manage it. I wish you the best, my friend, I will miss you.”

Cutrone himself also posted his farewell to Milan and its fans.

“I wanted to tell you so many things, but I don’t know where to start… Dear Milan, that’s what it’s like.

“You welcomed me at the age of eight, I was a child who dreamed of scoring a goal at San Siro. Now I have grown up, as a player and a man. Rossonero, on the field and in life. An immense honour.

“Thank you so much to everyone: the staff, my teammates. And a huge embrace for my fans. You will always be in my heart: you made me feel loved in every moment.

“For me, leaving a positive memory in your hearts is the greatest victory. I wish the best to the club that I love, my teammates and you fans! With all of my heart, which is red and black, Patrick. Forza MILAN.”

I still can't believe that we sold him for 18M. I would rather that he "failed the medicals" or "couldn't reach the economical terms".

[Image: 138f86fb23af25b6ded81219cb3ba2f8.jpg]

He looks rather sad to me.
It's sad to read message from Loca and Calabria for Cutrone. And the response from Cutrone. He should just stay and compete with Leao, Piatek and Correa. Just sell Castillejo. It's what a fan wants.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I have to agree that it is sad to see one of our brighter youth players get sold at a price deemed below market. I hope this deal won't bite us back down the road... but thinking about it, most of our youngsters sold to other teams didn't turn out to be world class... with a few exceptions like Aubameyang, Damian (marginally)... Most of them are average players.

Anyway, I assume all these transfers are proving the "Milan Family" thing is fading out. I am optimistically thinking this management is turning Milan as a business and I hope all these "sacrifices" will bring the better future of Milan. Fingers crossed.

Good luck, kiddo!
I am not sure if our Milan family thing is fading out. In the past there was no proof that we tried to keep youngster if he is not starting material. Some of our youngsters got loaned out and come back to fight for starting spot. Once they settled their position in the starting line up and they had no intention to leave, the management wouldn't sell them even they were offers. 

Cutrone is not yet a guaranteed starter, so IMO MB have reasonable reason to sell him. What makes the transfer is a sad thing is that he loves Milan with his heart and has great spirit and motivation off and on the field, like combination of Gattuso and Inzaghi when they were playing. In addition Cutrone had played games with us, something our young strikers in the past could not do. 

DeS wanted to be sold, Loca was not interested to be loaned out, the CM who plays for Roma now (I forget his name) also wanted to be sold (to Portugal). 

If for Example, Dona earns reasonable salary and wants to stay but Milan opt to sell him, we might seeing Milan are loosing their famous identity, the Milan Family. However until now I haven't seen such a thing.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
we turn into udinese with the players that we bought in to replace all of the one who left us this summer
(07-31-2019, 07:25 AM)Siregar Wrote: I am not sure if our Milan family thing is fading out. In the past there was no proof that we tried to keep youngster if he is not starting material. Some of our youngsters got loaned out and come back to fight for starting spot. Once they settled their position in the starting line up and they had no intention to leave, the management wouldn't sell them even they were offers. 

Cutrone is not yet a guaranteed starter, so IMO MB have reasonable reason to sell him. What makes the transfer is a sad thing is that he loves Milan with his heart and has great spirit and motivation off and on the field, like combination of Gattuso and Inzaghi when they were playing. In addition Cutrone had played games with us, something our young strikers in the past could not do. 

DeS wanted to be sold, Loca was not interested to be loaned out, the CM who plays for Roma now (I forget his name) also wanted to be sold (to Portugal). 

If for Example, Dona earns reasonable salary and wants to stay but Milan opt to sell him, we might seeing Milan are loosing their famous identity, the Milan Family. However until now I haven't seen such a thing.

To be perfectly fair, he broke into our line-up when we had Bacca, Kalinic and Higuain as our main strikers. If he had been ready age-wise to play before those, namely when we had Zlatan and an in form ELS + Robinho, he wouldn't even be promoted to the first team.

Also passion aside, and statistically speaking, he didn't offer much only contributing about 13 goals in 63 matches(needs confirming). this can be due to many reasons we all know and I don't really want to go into, but strikers are judged on how many goals they score.

Does it hurt to see him leave? yes, yes it does. He always put 200% and wore his heart on his sleeve on and off the pitch, he loved the shirt and did everything he could to help us and never even complained about lack of play or that we always kept buying strikers and sending him to the bench season after season.

But I believe it is for the best. Both for him and the Club.
(07-31-2019, 07:11 PM)Ace Wrote: To be perfectly fair, he broke into our line-up when we had Bacca, Kalinic and Higuain as our main strikers. If he had been ready age-wise to play before those, namely when we had Zlatan and an in form ELS + Robinho, he wouldn't even be promoted to the first team.

Also passion aside, and statistically speaking, he didn't offer much only contributing about 13 goals in 63 matches(needs confirming). this can be due to many reasons we all know and I don't really want to go into, but strikers are judged on how many goals they score.

Does it hurt to see him leave? yes, yes it does. He always put 200% and wore his heart on his sleeve on and off the pitch, he loved the shirt and did everything he could to help us and never even complained about lack of play or that we always kept buying strikers and sending him to the bench season after season.

But I believe it is for the best. Both for him and the Club.

I honestly think he'll be a good fit for the EPL. He'll probably take some time to adjust, but when he does I think he's going to kill it.
Started in Europa League qualification game, had two assists in Wolverhampton Wanderers 4 - 0 Pyunik
Now will meet Torino in next qualification round.
(07-31-2019, 08:04 AM)sylrus Wrote: we turn into udinese with the players that we  bought in to replace all of the one who left us this summer

On bench for sure. Same same
Quote:Cutrone accuses Serie A teams for preferring forieg players-

"Me and Kean in the Premier League? It's always the same story - foreigners are preferred to us," he told Gazzetta dello Sport .

"For us twenty-somethings, it's hard, but in any case I'd like to emphasise something - I’ll always be grateful to Milan for what they gave me."

Honestly, he is partially correct
You fear because you live without Love Pioli