Winter transfer window 2018
(01-31-2018, 06:09 PM)slifersd Wrote: So instead of one world class striker, Mirabelli worked his magic and turned it into two strikers who can't play. Way to go master scout lol.

Musik005 Musik005
Well Aubameyangs move is for €69m with €10m a year after tax.So €69m fee and near €20m a year in wages with tax just isnt possible for Milan now.Last Summer Dortmund wanted €80m and Auba was looking for €12m.Its a move that was never possible when we paid for Silva.That move is looking worse and worse each time he takes the field in Serie A.That move and Kalinic's were a waste.
We were never in a position to pay €40m on a guy that may or may not be good.I hope he starts to turn it around but its looking more like a Gabigol ending than a Dybala one.
Not really sure which same cost or cheaper alternative would have been good or better, actually this applies to Kalinic in a way too.
If we are talking about high burdens in wages making big moves impossible (even last summer) then the 65million spent on those two would have better spent on who?
Bacca alone staying wouldn't have meant that many more points, if at all.... for example.
(01-31-2018, 07:55 PM)reza Wrote: Not really sure which same cost or cheaper alternative would have been good or better, actually this applies to Kalinic in a way too.
If we are talking about high burdens in wages making big moves impossible (even last summer) then the 65million spent on those two would have better spent on who?
Bacca alone staying wouldn't have meant that many more points, if at all.... for example.

Hindsight perhaps but not spending the €63m on Kalinic and Silva and combining their wages with a bit more for a better striker would of been wise.The only guy we had a chance with was Aubameyang and maybe even then he was too costly.
I just hope Silva turns it around and Kalinic can be a bit more useful when it comes to finishing.
Aubameyang was way too expensive, wage-wise. Bacca staying wouldn't be worse than Kalinic, but Bacca simply lost all his motivations playing for us, so he had to go. Kalinic was harder-working and was worth a gamble--too bad we seem to be losing the gamble, but it is not like we had many other valid options (Morata had no desire to come; Cairo was insane in his asking price for Belotti.)

I am only hoping that things will turn around. Also, we don't have to score a lot of goals to win games. In 93-94, we only scored a total of 36 goals and won the Scudetto. Maybe we can repeat that. Grinundwech
Did we get anyone?
(was out of circulation in a country with the shittiest internet of all time)
Milan is a rose
Love even the thorns
(01-31-2018, 07:39 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Well Aubameyangs move is for €69m with €10m a year after tax.So €69m fee and near €20m a year in wages with tax just isnt possible for Milan now.Last Summer Dortmund wanted €80m and Auba was looking for €12m.Its a move that was never possible when we paid for Silva.That move is looking worse and worse each time he takes the field in Serie A.That move and Kalinic's were a waste.
We were never in a position to pay €40m on a guy that may or may not be good.I hope he starts to turn it around but its looking more like a Gabigol ending than a Dybala one.

No. He's not making 10m after tax. Wage outside of Italy is always reported before tax. So he actually "only" makes more than 5m net which is less than what Kalinic and Silva make in Milan
(02-01-2018, 06:10 AM)drucurl Wrote: Did we get anyone?
(was out of circulation in a country with the shittiest internet of all time)

Nope. Fine as we are Big Grin
Paletta is gone. Mutual termination. Don't know if anyone noticed...
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(02-01-2018, 12:54 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Paletta is gone. Mutual termination. Don't know if anyone noticed...

I'm guessing no one really cares. I saw the news and didn't think too much of it. I do respect his professionalism though, in this period where he's not played, he did apparently train really well and never caused a fuss.