Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET)
#1
Another home game and obviously another must win if we want to keep up with the top of the table. 

Lazio host Napoli in this round so it will be a good chance to make up some ground on 1 of those sides. Juventus play Fiorentina so there is some potential for Ladri to drop some points as well. Elsewhere, Inter plays Bologna and I expect them to keep their 100% record going. 

By the way, Pellegri scored 2 goals against Lazio today. I didn't see the game but if the rumors that we will sign him in January are true, then this is some good news for our future.

Lastly, I would like to keep my 100% record of opening match threads. Big Grin
Reply
#2
Bartosz Salamon, Paloschi and Borriello are SPAL players
Reply
#3
2-0 Milan
Reply
#4
Gazzetta now claims there is a 40% chance Silva and Kalinic both start, 60% Suso and Silva (not Kalinic)
Reply
#5
I don't care about that combination, as long Silva is starter. Maybe would be better to see Kale and Silva start together. Calhanoglu behind them. And of course, Montolivo on bench, but would be perfect to see him out of the squad, on the stands with the fans.
Reply
#6
i think suso position should be behind the 2 strikers, i think he would thrive playing there,it really is such an amazing squad we have this season, the midfield is filled with some extraordinary talent, biglia, loca, jack, hakan, kessie. all 5 for 3 position and i want all of them to be a starter, kessie because he is just a monster, loca as he is young, hungry, talented. biglia as he can lead the midfield, hakan for his creativity, jack for being the 1 that can change the game.
Reply
#7
(09-19-2017, 08:24 AM)sylrus Wrote: i think suso position should be behind the 2 strikers, i think he would thrive playing there,it really is such an amazing squad we have this season, the midfield is filled with some extraordinary talent, biglia, loca, jack, hakan, kessie. all 5 for 3 position and i want all of them to be a starter, kessie because he is just a monster, loca as he is young, hungry, talented. biglia as he can lead the midfield, hakan for his creativity, jack for being the 1 that can change the game.

I am not convinced about the idea putting Suso behind two strikers. His best position IMO is wing forward since he would get more space there at least at the start he gets the ball, he should have more freedom in space. Behind two strikers or like he did playing behind Kalinic, he needs to be simple. The space is very thight there. You cant do dribble except you are a type of Brazilian talent like Ronaldo. Suso is not, the dribble skill he has does not suit the situation there (very thight place). I think he should follow how Hakan now playing. Hakan tries to make a pass in a second after he receives the ball except you have clear free space there.

If Suso still tries to play like he has played in wing forward, he would still face trouble. If he keeps simple, be more a team player both in defensive especially in offensive tasks, he could utilize what he has and could be more important player for Milan. Kalinic who is worse than Suso in dribbling and other offensive skill could do better job when playing with Silva upfront. Kalinic sacrificed himself for the good of the team especially when the opponent got the ball (helping the defense), did not try to do wonderful skill, just played simple and contributed big to the team. No goal from him but he had good game there.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Reply
#8
AM, SS or RWF, I'm not really too fussed in which role Suso is used. I think while RWF offers a level of guarantees because he's used to it, but I think it limits him as while he gets space, he becomes more predictable and easier to stop.

I think as AM or SS, he's got the qualities to do really well in the roles, but he needs time to adapt so it's inevitable he'll have a few struggles.

I think regardless of specific position, he needs to be given a level of freedom and autonomy that will ensure his qualities are really allowed to come out to the fore (I'm sure he can develop like David Silva has over the years, hopefully even better). That's not just down to him, but also how his teammates move on the pitch. For example, Suso came deep against Udinese to get involved in build up, but in doing so it's necessary players from midfield advance to break from deep.

Patience is important right now, not just with Suso but pretty much every player as again this is a new side that's not yet autonomous. For a guy like Suso (and also Bonaventura), who are tasked with creating they can't just get the ball and distribute immediately as they aren't yet sure how their teammates are moving and aren't used to playing at a high tempo.

The fact that Calhanoglu excelled against Vienna in this respect must be taken with a pinch of salt, without trying to downplay his performace, because he was afforded space to see those around him and pick his passes, whereas Udinese were much quicker to close down our players the other day.
For anyone interested, please see my recent project at 
Reply
#9
Home game..VS Low level team/Spal..highly likely they will play defensive/park the bus..
352..should play 2 real striker Kalinic(target man/to bully spal defender) and one of Silva/Cutrone..play Hakan in Mid for his quick killer pass/cross...bench Suso

Sunday VS Samp Away...tricky..this game likely to be more open than VS Spal..or can be Samp play better than Milan
Should play 3511..Suso as SS..for Quick Counter Attack
Reply
#10
(09-19-2017, 11:13 AM)ilgrandemilan Wrote: Home game..VS Low level team/Spal..highly likely they will play defensive/park the bus..
352..should play 2 real striker Kalinic(target man/to bully spal defender) and one of Silva/Cutrone..play Hakan in Mid for his quick killer pass/cross...bench Suso

Sunday VS Samp Away...tricky..this game likely to be more open than VS Spal..or can be Samp play better than Milan
Should play 3511..Suso as SS..for Quick Counter Attack

Agree with this. 352 already has 5 players in midfield, it should be enough to play at home, no need to add one AM like Suso. We need two strikers to losen SPAL defense.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Reply