Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET)
(09-20-2017, 08:27 PM)xudong Wrote: Calhanoglu is surely rusty today. What is happening?

Yeah he hasn't had a good match so far. To me it looks like he's almost trying too hard at times, might need to relax a bit.
Half Time. 1-0.
We're the team asking the questions and apart from one corner, they didn't threaten at all.
More of the same in the second half will do me just fine.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
I think he's rushing things a bit when he doesn't need to.

Anyway, 1-0 at half time and a very good performance so far which is very controlled. I'd like to see us score a second and notably we need to try and get more from set pieces, as we've had numerous corners and actually won the ball multiple times, but failed to take the chance.

However, another half like the first and we will get a comfortable win tonight.
Solid performance so far. Nothing spectacular, but we're getting the job done.
Having watched Spal play against Inter and now 1 half against us....I have to say that we have managed them much better than Inter. They really threatened Inter especially with Lazzari on the right side....whereas in this game, they are barely able to break out of their own half with any meaningful surge. As Ryo said, there was only 1 corner from which things could have gone badly for us...but other than that we have managed the game nicely and haven'r run any big risks.

Having said that, they are still in the game and we should close this out quickly in the 2nd half. We are moving the ball nicely up to the final third. This is where we get a little sloppy with our decision making but also the last couple of passes that we need to make in order to create a good goal scoring opportunity. I know it's not easy with Spal having everyone behind the ball and for the most part 8 players right on top of their own box...but we have to manage to do something. I hate games where we are 1-0 up for a while as those are the ones that come back to screw us and cost us points.
Second half kicking off now.
We need a second, and preferably a third, goal.
We've taken our foot off the gas since the restart, letting SPAL have too much space to work in
Damn! Bonucci clearing nearly off the line there!
Was it Bonucci? I thought it was RR. Anyway, we seemed to have woken up as a result.
Penalty again, Kessie fouled