MILAN vs RIJEKA 28 sept
We seem to have a lot of trouble handling the opponent.
Borini's so useless, can't even complete a 5 yard pass!
Silva and Hakan's tenacity wins us a corner.

Aaaaand Borini with is third long shot off target.

Off topic, but Kessie's new crew cut looks pretty damn sweet.

Half Time now and we've been sort of bossing it. 68-32 Posession, but we're still losing players in dangerous places on occasion.
Things settled down a bit after the goal, but towards the end we couldn't string enough passes in the attacking third and couldn't control the game well enough.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Silva man of the first half Big Grin
half time 1-0, but the performance has been poor. I can't quite tell if we're nervous (there's definitely signs of tension) or actually attempting to play a more open but lower tempo game to try and conserve energy. Either way it's a terrible watch, we look poor on and off the ball and while we've generally had control of Rijeka, there were a number of moments they could have scored.

On the positive, Andre Silva deserves a lot of credit for his work, he should be first choice in attack hands down right now. Cutrone's done ok too. Our wingbacks are terrible, Borini's pretty much pointless (other than the pass through on the goal) and Abate's been non-existent and is dropping too deep to follow his man (eventually it reaches a point where he needs to make sure Musacchio will cover so he can press higher).
Bonucci is starting to get on my nerves.
Am an Acmilan fan to the core so CDs are my favorite kind of players.
I was so excited that we got him but he is playing way below my expectations.
Never thought he is a Nesta but his positioning is a suspect for so many times now.

Kessie is hot n cold also.

Meanwhile Silva Proud
[Image: DVl2nAT.jpg]
Jack getting ready to come on for the second half.
Seems like someone's performance didn't sit too well with Montella.
Either that or Hakan's knocks were more serious than they appeared before.
Jack for Calhanoglu. I presume that's precaution for Hakan rather than any anger at his performance
(09-28-2017, 08:44 PM)Ryo Wrote: Silva and Hakan's tenacity wins us a corner.

Aaaaand Borini with is third long shot off target.

Off topic, but Kessie's new crew cut looks pretty damn sweet.

Half Time now and we've been sort of bossing it. 68-32 Posession, but we're still losing players in dangerous places on occasion.
Things settled down a bit after the goal, but towards the end we couldn't string enough passes in the attacking third and couldn't control the game well enough.

I don't agree with this choice of word, but I do see that you used "sort of" before it anyway. Rijeka plays like an Italian team to me. They are resilient and annoyingly physical, and we didn't seem to have enough skills to completely nullify that.
(09-28-2017, 09:08 PM)xudong Wrote: I don't agree with this choice of word, but I do see that you used "sort of" before it anyway. Rijeka plays like an Italian team to me. They are resilient and annoyingly physical, and we didn't seem to have enough skills to completely nullify that.

Would agree, except Italian teams would punish us for those mistakes  Undecided