Milan vs. Crotone 1/6/18
Dev, let me start by saying that I am not defending Montolivo nor do I want him in the line up. But to respond to some of your points, it's unfair to compare the performances of the players in those 2 games.

Of course Biglia will have a better passing %. He was never under pressure. Crotone rarely pressed us in our own half, whereas against Fiorentina, we were pressed on top of our own box. Naturally, more mistakes will be forced.

The times Crotone pressed high, Biglia lost the ball. 3 occasions in the first 15 minutes that could have cost us because he lost the ball in dangerous positions and I commented on this during the game. Biglia is many times not aware that a player is coming behind him as the ball is traveling to him. It's as if he doesn't check his shoulder before receiving the ball.

Let me just go on and say that Montolivo is not any better. They both have shown to be horrible under pressure. If you change the games around (Biglia playing vs Viola and Monto vs Crotone), you could probably make the same points about Montolivo as he would have had eternity on the ball against Crotone just like Biglia did....and on the other had Biglia's time on the ball would have been cut in half vs Fiorentina.

We already knew what Monto can do....not much. Average. I was hoping that Biglia can be better, but until now he's been more of the same. Yes, I agree he improved in the Crotone game itself as it went on and he's generally looked a bit bettee in recent weeks as compared to earlier in the season. But it doesn't mean much to be honest. He is still not good enough and still committing the same mistakes - consistently losing the ball under pressure.

This brings me to the next point in which I think we agree. Locatelli needs to be given a chance. Not 15 minutes....but a real chance. 3,4 starts in a row type of chance.
nefremo, I do agree Locatelli should be given a fair chance, but I don't think it'll happen.

On Biglia, in general yes I used 2 games which were different to compare Montolivo and Biglia (which I tried to acknowledge). However, I don't think Montolivo would have given the same balance and opportunities to receive the ball as Biglia did, even against Crotone. Montolivo has his moments, but to be frank he far too often he hides away from receiving the ball, usually not looking to move away from markers.

Biglia on the other hand will generally make himself open to passes, which is critical to me in a productive style of football. He's got problems to overcome, I agree neither him or Montolivo have done well enough this season, but Biglia's shown moments in this match (I'd also argue vs Inter in the Coppa) to suggest he could be recovered and fulfil the needs we brought him for.