Serie A
Thanks reza. Feel free, I hope it means others will also share their own thoughts.

btw, is it you that writes the articles on the front page? I won't lie, I tend not to see them as I tend to come to the forum directly rather than through the main page. I would be curious to know if others do the same, as they'd end up missing some good pieces.
Thanks Dev, it is now on the front page http://www.milanmania.com/

Yes those there are by me, World Cup related and others. Any that aren't have name or username attached (Hasan had previously contributed)
I also come directly to the forum page and miss those articles as well. I wonder if there is a work around of some sort. Maybe a feed on the side of the forum page that highlights these articles or something.
Siamo a posto cosi.
A forum sidebar is possible with some code changes, I can add it to my to do list.
(10-31-2014, 02:42 PM)reza Wrote: Thanks Dev, it is now on the front page http://www.milanmania.com/

Yes those there are by me, World Cup related and others. Any that aren't have name or username attached (Hasan had previously contributed)

Instead of thanking him, how about banning him? 1ban

It is people like Dev (and Hasan too) that make people like me feel miserable about ourselves. I could have never written so beautifully even if I tried my very best. Angry This world is so unfair. Angry

1ban1ban1ban
(10-31-2014, 05:22 PM)xudong Wrote:
(10-31-2014, 02:42 PM)reza Wrote: Thanks Dev, it is now on the front page http://www.milanmania.com/

Instead of thanking him, how about banning him? 1ban

It is people like Dev (and Hasan too) that make people like me feel miserable about ourselves. I could have never written so beautifully even if I tried my very best. Angry This world is so unfair. Angry

1ban1ban1ban

I will 1ban you if you don't contribute an article by the end of next week Big Grin
I might as well 1ban myself then. There is no hope. Confused So long, MM - at least I had a good run.

[Image: o-WIPE-TEAR-570.jpg?1]
Ok no ban, this time Big Grin
contribute or ban!! Devilol

Genuinely though, thanks Xu, I really wasn't all that confident or actually even happy with what I wrote, I felt the scope of what I was writing about was too big for an article and had I gone to the depth I really wanted to when it first came to mind, I'd probably end up with some sort of extensive dossier. I'm also not the best writer, as being in IT I (1) hate writing large documents and prefer code and (2) when writing I am very direct and write in a way to state fact or define logic (an important skill when writing technical documents). After writing this article/post, I found I had to go through it again just to add a little "fluff" to make it flow more naturally, as originally it was often just stating one point after another. It's surprisingly hard doing it when it isn't something that you find comes naturally to you.

That's why I respect guys like Hasan, whose articles, especially the ones around stadium issues, have been fantastic imo. I even respect those I don't particularly like, such as the ones on goal.com, as my issues are more around their opinions than how they write (qualities I still think are admirable). Then there are those I simply consider incredible, such as Jonathan Wilson who contributes to the Guardian.

All that said and done, I do really wish people will contribute to Reza's idea, my aim was more to get the ball rolling.
Roma lost to Napoli, an opportunity for us to get closer

Napoli 2 - 0 Roma
3' Higuain 85 ' Callejon