Serie A
So we have reached another stage in contract negotiations ....

Napoli extension with Dries Mertens will have a €35m release clause for Europe but it will be €50m for China.
It's an interesting situation seeing how contracts are being managed. However, with Chinese spending likely to be curbed sooner rather than later, this may be a short term occurrence (for anyone interested the spending curbs shouldn't have any effect on us with Chinese ownership).

Inter losing 1-0 to Chievo at half time. Hopefully unlike Udinese, Chievo can hold out, though they are terrible so it's difficult see that happening. That said, Inter are garbage too despite dominating possession and chances created, they at the moment remind me of how they were at the start of last season, grinding out results, but playing terrible football.
Isn't it a bit contradictory to say that they are garbage but are dominating chances created? On an Inter related note, I'm quite glad we didn't get Kondogbia. He looks very clumsy on the ball and offers very little in terms of vertical penetration.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Siamo a posto cosi.
(01-14-2017, 10:21 PM)Mystik Wrote: Isn't it a bit contradictory to say that they are garbage but are dominating chances created? On an Inter related note, I'm quite glad we didn't get Kondogbia. He looks very clumsy on the ball and offers very little in terms of vertical penetration.

Not really, they created chances, but they didn't play good football by any means imo. Part of it comes down to how crap Chievo are.

That said the second half has been a big improvement, 1-1 now and they looks set to go onto win.

Edit: As if on cue they take the lead
Dev, you jinxed it. I just knew it. Confused
Chievo was pretty much terrible all game. It was a matter of time before Inter scored

Siamo a posto cosi.
Cristante starting against Napoli today. Going to try following the match to see how he copes with their fluid midfield.

Siamo a posto cosi.
Wow, another weekend when all the major competition won: Inter, Napoli, Lazio, Roma. If we don't beat Torino (we probably won't Sad), we will be thrown out of competition before we know it.
(01-14-2017, 10:44 PM)xudong Wrote: Dev, you jinxed it. I just knew it. Confused

lol, seems like I've done that a fair amount of late? Big Grin

In all honesty I was pretty impressed with Inter's second half performance, they were tight and working as a unit, even if not fluid in their play. Chievo on the other hand deserved nothing, they were terrible in so many respects that it was actually annoying.

Another week where all the competition wins their games, more pressure on us to get a result tomorrow. Hopefully the players don't let it get to them, we just need to focus on ourselves.
Even Fiorentina won against Juventus. What a weekend.