Serie A
Lazio drew, so Inter is only three points away. Don't they play each other in the final round? Doesn't that mean that Inter still has a (realistic) chance?
(05-13-2018, 04:47 PM)xudong Wrote: Lazio drew, so Inter is only three points away. Don't they play each other in the final round? Doesn't that mean that Inter still has a (realistic) chance?

Yes
darn
So everybody's talking about how impressive it is that Juve won their seventh in a row. For me it's a tragedy, not just as a Milan fan, but as a fan of Italian football in general. I'm not saying they haven't earned it. They're well organised on and off the pitch, their economy is strong and they are good enough to beat anyone in Europe.

However, the fact that in seven years nobody has been able to beat them says a lot about the state of Italian football and not least the state of the Milanese clubs. Napoli, Roma etc. are never going to win the league. They are never going to be as strong as Juventus, on and off the pitch. Juve will keep on winning the league until either we or Inter have built squads that are strong enough to overtake them, and neither club is anywhere near that level yet. To be honest I think they will have won 10 titles in a row before we or Inter are able to challenge them properly. Serie A is in ruins.
I have always believed that until the Milan clubs rise again, Juve will continue to dominate. Roma, Lazio, Napoli etc have good phases every few decades but they don't have the DNA to challenge and remain on top (without significant Man City level investment).

We simply lack the money. If we had the money, then with a substantial investment this summer (in top players) we could be challenging Juve next season. Sadly our new owners are as dicey as the old.
(05-14-2018, 10:28 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: So everybody's talking about how impressive it is that Juve won their seventh in a row. For me it's a tragedy, not just as a Milan fan, but as a fan of Italian football in general. I'm not saying they haven't earned it. They're well organised on and off the pitch, their economy is strong and they are good enough to beat anyone in Europe.

However, the fact that in seven years nobody has been able to beat them says a lot about the state of Italian football and not least the state of the Milanese clubs. Napoli, Roma etc. are never going to win the league. They are never going to be as strong as Juventus, on and off the pitch. Juve will keep on winning the league until either we or Inter have built squads that are strong enough to overtake them, and neither club is anywhere near that level yet. To be honest I think they will have won 10 titles in a row before we or Inter are able to challenge them properly. Serie A is in ruins.

I generally agree, I don't think it's a positive sign. However, this is symptomatic all over Europe, not just Italy.

I think Serie A has shown improvements this year on the quality of the whole league, but like you guys say, until the Milan clubs are back in the running for competitions, Juve will dominate as others simply don't seem to be able to compete.
Benatia gets ignored ha ha https://twitter.com/jup1897/status/99785...42880?s=21
That hurts Big Grin
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Merda got in the CL. That hurts even more.

I believe that there is no more qualification round for the 4th spot of Serie A? Otherwise, we can always count on them losing before the Group Stage starts.

What a lucky year for Merda! Angry
No Serie A team can be depended on for anything. Let Inter get crushed in CL by non Italian teams.