Serie A
I saw the replay. For me, that is a handball. Intentional or not, his arm blocked a cross from getting in the box where there was 2/3 Napoli players going to attack it. So it is stopping a possible goalscoring opportunity. Also, the cross came from far enough away, meaning it's not like the ball was pegged into the player's arm from point-blank range.

Now, was it in the box or not? Honestly, impossible to tell from real time. But the replays showed it was inside, even though by only a couple of centimeters. But what do you do in that situation? Yes, you feel bad for Cagliari, but in means in. Centimeter or meter. You have to give the pk. You can't say "oh it was 1cm, we'll just let it slide". It's the same as when the ball crosses the line for a goal. 1cm or 1m, it's still a goal.

Just my 2 cents.
(05-06-2019, 12:21 PM)nefremo Wrote: I saw the replay. For me, that is a handball. Intentional or not, his arm blocked a cross from getting in the box where there was 2/3 Napoli players going to attack it. So it is stopping a possible goalscoring opportunity. Also, the cross came from far enough away, meaning it's not like the ball was pegged into the player's arm from point-blank range.

Now, was it in the box or not? Honestly, impossible to tell from real time. But the replays showed it was inside, even though by only a couple of centimeters. But what do you do in that situation? Yes, you feel bad for Cagliari, but in means in. Centimeter or meter. You have to give the pk. You can't say "oh it was 1cm, we'll just let it slide". It's the same as when the ball crosses the line for a goal. 1cm or 1m, it's still a goal.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm okay giving it as it was close but waiting so long to call VAR?  Makes no sense.  You call it right after not over a minute later
I agree. The process has to be improved. Decisions have to be made quicker.

My biggest problem with VAR is the inconsistencies. For example, they gave Napoli that pk yesterday, but no pk on the Alex Sando handball for us. I know I'm beating the dead horse with this one and certain rules don't apply to Juventus, but i'm only stating it as an example as it's 1 i remember off the top of my head. But there has been other instances that didn't even involve Juventus and there's been inconsistencies.

This referee association has to decide what a handball is and what it isn't. It has to decide which incidents are reviewed and which aren't. They can't do something different in every game. It absolutely kills their credibility and people are starting to wonder if things are done in good faith.
Atalanta won 2-1 against Genoa. Is there any team in Italy who can stop Atalanta
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(05-11-2019, 04:18 PM)Rishav kant Wrote: Atalanta won 2-1 against Genoa. Is there any team in Italy who can stop Atalanta

I think they'll win their remaining 2 games.They will beat Sassuolo and they way Juve looked against Torino they'll win that also.
I dont see us winning all 3 games either.Fiorentina are in an awful shape and look hopeless under Montella so you know we'll give them their first win  Huh
(05-11-2019, 05:17 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: I dont see us winning all 3 games either.Fiorentina are in an awful shape and look hopeless under Montella so you know we'll give them their first win  Huh

In typical Milan banter era fashion
So ,Brescia and Lecce officialy promoted.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(05-11-2019, 08:19 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: So ,Brescia and Lecce officialy promoted.

Thank God it's not Hellas Verona again. Too good for Serie B, too bad for Serie A
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(05-11-2019, 10:08 PM)Rishav kant Wrote: Thank God it's not Hellas Verona again. Too good for Serie B, too bad for Serie A

Hellas is in playoff.  Palermo drew 28k today.  Hopefully they win promotion but they could be relegated to Serie C thanks to Zamp
Perugia missed out on the playoff by 1 point. Wonder if that means Nesta is getting fired....and you know where I'm heading with this, right? Big Grin