French Ligue 1
Was surprised there's apparently no thread for French football (mainly Ligue 1). I wanted to ask what people thought of Neymar's time in PSG so far?

I think it's particularly interesting, as his form there has been nothing short of phenomenal, probably fair to say the best performing attacking individual in the world right now (Messi is probably the only challenge to that).

That said, his time there is just full of controversies. Whether it be difficulties with his teammates, his coach and the fans too now, he seems to deliver but he's making no friends with his behaviour whatsoever.

That, along with all the rumours of him to Real and it just seems that for all his ability, he's seems destined to leave there with many people glad to see the back of him.

On wider issues, I think this is something for clubs to learn from. Basically PSG have pretty much given him free reign to decide what he wants to do. He's missed a lot of games due to alleged injuries, but there are many doubts about whether he actually had any problems. On top of that he's basically allowed trips to Brazil and pretty much gets highly favoured treatment compared to pretty much anyone else in the club. I think PSG have managed his situation poorly, as for all that he brings they're a bit of a ticking time bomb before someone loses patience.

It will be interesting too if he goes to Real. At PSG, he's the star and he's been allowed to be basically bigger than the club. There's no chance of getting the same in Real and he'll need to curb his behaviour. The fans or the directors won't have patience for some of his antics, but moreso I think his desire to be the star player and win the ballon d'or could result in friction. Unlike at Barca, if he goes to Real, it's to be the man that replaces Ronaldo as the main man at the club. However unlike Ronaldo, who has an attitude but a work ethic to match, Neymar doesn't convince me as a guy who has the maturity to manage the expectations as well. On the pitch, he could reach the goal of winning the ballon d'or, off it I think we could see some fireworks.

All this in a league where Balotelli is offering up freekicks in dangerous positions to teammates and a referee kicks a player and the sends him off. Crazy!
Thanks for the thread Dev

That referee one is so hard to believe, I posted it here, still can't believe it http://www.milanmania.com/forum/showthre...#pid126666

Neymar was bought for so much and treated as such, it is not unexpected to see some more problems when he is kind of free of Messi, Suarez, Barca mold into something more his own. He is going to be key in Russia too, wonder if it will be different than 2014.

It was good to see Lyon beat PSG just last weekend.
Neymar, while a great player, has surely brought in a lot of drama. Especially now that Dani |the cunt| Alves is his partner in crime again. the player who I like the most from PSG is Cavani. Absolute beast.
Yeah that's the one reza. I saw the post but at the time wasn't able to comment. it's insane.

I agree somedevil, I've always been a fan of Cavani and despite people making fun of the chances he misses, his strike rate has been phenomenal for a number of years now. That, and his overall game and workrate, means he's imo one of the most underrated strikers in the world (despite being considered by most one of the best).
PSG win Ligue 1 after destroying second place Monaco 7-1. I didn't watch the game as I was watching the Rome Derby, but I did catch the last few minutes and what struck me was just the lack of passion and celebration at the end of the match. It was as if they'd just beaten the bottom placed team in a routine 1 or 2 goal win and the players just wanted to go home asap.

Actually it was just disgusting to see, I couldn't believe how little interest there was. Rabiot was interviewed immediately at the final whistle and he was just emotionless.
Lol well when winning the league is just a formality, I wouldn't expect too much excitement from the players when they do win it. They are losing their coach though and with FFP sanctions coming because of the Neymar and MBappe transfers, none of the players probably feel safe in their position
Siamo a posto cosi.
Tuchel likely going there, they won't be laughing at least Big Grin
(04-15-2018, 10:02 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: PSG win Ligue 1 after destroying second place Monaco 7-1. I didn't watch the game as I was watching the Rome Derby, but I did catch the last few minutes and what struck me was just the lack of passion and celebration at the end of the match. It was as if they'd just beaten the bottom placed team in a routine 1 or 2 goal win and the players just wanted to go home asap.

Actually it was just disgusting to see, I couldn't believe how little interest there was. Rabiot was interviewed immediately at the final whistle and he was just emotionless.

What else could you expect ?
Most of the players are there for money, nothing else. They knew they would win the league since a few weeks/months.
Their season is seen as a failure after losing twice against Real Madrid in CL, so they can win all domestic competitions, all people will remember is this club claims they are a serious contender for CL and they always pathetically fail in 1/8 or 1/4 at best. None of their players knows the history of this club, and none of them seems to respect the club. Their "president" is useless. Even a guy like Rabiot, who is a grown in PSG player, doesn't look like he respects his club anymore. No love for the shirt. No emotion for a title. Logical.

Look at Neymar : his partners play a game for the title, and at that same time, the guys puts a picture on his social medias, where he plays online poker. That just shows that the guy doesn't care too. In a serious club, you would force your player to be in the stadium on that evening and celebrate with his partners, injured or not.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
I guess it's just disheartening that this is what celebrations for a league win look like these days.
(04-16-2018, 10:35 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I guess it's just disheartening that this is what celebrations for a league win look like these days.

I don't think it will look like that in every club all the time ...
It really all depends on how your management runs your club and if they are new into a club, how they use history or not.

Our players could be careless about our shirt and the club if the Chinese did decide to change everything. They've been smart, they respected the club and tried to bring some strong characters who are labelled as Milan "legends" back in the club.

In Paris, they changed everything, it's like if they created a new club directly in Ligue 1. That's not a good way, they wanted to start a new history, which means they decided to erase the past. In Milan, the past is still here.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !