Summer transfer window 2018
(07-25-2018, 12:45 PM)Nicolas Wrote: Sure, we are not same power house that we were back in the day, and the league in itself is miles away from it’s status back in the 80s and 90s. Our problem has always been overspending on salaries, while not being able to profit much from ticketsales, TV deals sponsorships etc. Galliani and Berlusconi ran this club to the ground, and we are still dealing with the aftermath.
I agree with you in all of that, what I don’t agree to is that the club is in financial shambles. In fact the financial state of the club is better than it has been for a long time, and I am convinced that we will see a lot of improvements to the structure during Elliot’s ownership since their only interest is to make the asset as valuable as possible.

The only reason our club is doing better financially is simply because of the quality of players we have now compsred to the past.. i'd take seedorf with all his inconsistencies towards the end of his playing career over the biglia, suso and bonaventura we have now.. hell.. i'd even trade off all our strikers now except cutrone for the inzaghi we had from age 33 onwards performance wise.. see the difference in quality plus wages then and now..?

Even lately Milan still isnt a club that is an entity that makes profit even though its being run with financial prudence..
(07-25-2018, 03:14 PM)Siregar Wrote: So, Rugani has at least played in big club.

I was asking because Juve want to sell Rugani (news said he has agreed personal term with Chelsea only lack of agreement between Juve and Chelsea), which means there is possibility to also get Rugani (reportedly for 50 mil euros).

Rugani wants to work with Sarri at Chelsea and he's been offered double the wage he's got at Juventus. Could be too late to convince him. I think Caldara would be good. Two good seasons at Atalanta whos been doing well in Serie A and EL.
Quote:The axis that heats the transfer market: Juventus and Milan are working to satisfy and obtain each others own market goal. Today, however, there were no steps forward despite the fact that Juventus and Milan have made contact. The main topic is surrounding the assessments of Leonardo Bonucci and Mattia Caldara.
Both clubs believe that their defender is worth more than the other and would like financial compensation to finalize a swap deal. In addition, Bonucci must report to a fund, so the wait times are getting longer and longer.

On Juventus' Gonzalo Higuain: the Argentine striker is a goal for Milan, but he is behind Chelsea's Alvaro Morata, who remains at the top of the wish list. Milan, in any case, is willing to try and close for a top attacker and there names in Europe: Morata, Higuain, and Falcao are the three options. Therefore, it is likely that if Juventus and Milan reach an agreement for the exchange of Bonucci-Caldara, at that point Milan can insist on bringing Higuain to Milan as well.

per Di Marzio
(07-23-2018, 09:44 PM)reza Wrote: Posting this here too so everyone is aware (I originally posted on the Balkan thread http://www.milanmania.com/forum/showthre...#pid135326)

Guys, no politics is allowed, no personal insults either. The level of forum activity is low, if anybody wants to cause it to fall further by making people leave or whatever you are making it not worth it for me to keep it going. That's partially why I am 'slow' with bans. Either stay here and talk about football and Milan or let me know to close the forum. It is much easier for me to maintain the front page instead of the forum.

This forum needs to live on!!!  Okmilan
Milan is a rose
Love even the thorns
(07-25-2018, 09:53 PM)drucurl Wrote: This forum needs to live on!!!  Okmilan
I hope that MM doesn't end like Devilsmania did.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
(07-25-2018, 08:34 PM)slifersd Wrote: Man, Elliott is cleaning house on and off the field since their take over. Have to say, I absolutely love what I am seeing from them so far. The overpaid and under performing management and players are being thrown out of the club left and right. Bonucci was the signature signing of our mercato last year, but I don't think I watched a single game where I thought he was performing up to the level of his reputation. He is a good player, but hardly looked world class playing for us, and you have to wonder if he was more of a product of the Juve system or not. At age 31, he is also not getting any younger and only loses value every year from this point on. If we can swap him for Caldara, Leonardo would've already aced his first test in my book.
Very true. Spot on your post.

Quote:After the official appointment of Leonardo as new general manager of the technical sports area, the new Milan signed Elliott continues its plan of reinforcement in view of next season, shifting the viewfinder (post managerial framework) on the field. The goal remains to bring Milanello an important striker, and the name on which he tries to get the new property is that of Alvaro Morata : first telephone contacts between Leonardo and the entourage of the player, who has already said "yes" to the possibility to dress rossonero. Chelsea's request, however, remains very high, with the player's score estimated at between 65 and 70 million.

A price that, as a result, can not but also keep Gonzalo Higuain in full swing to occupy the role of the holder at the center of the Rossoneri attack: the Argentine can be part of the series of deals brought forward by Milan and Juventus with the Bonucci operations- Caldara. Radamel Falcao , however, remains the third solution, for a Milan ready to operate, however, also in exit: in fact, during the day, there was a contact between Leonardo and Atlético Madrid, with the dialogues reopened between clubs for the sale of Nikola Kalinic at the club coached by Simeone.

per Di Marzio
(07-25-2018, 10:11 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: per Di Marzio
Any of the upmentioned three are clearly upgrade to what we have now. But yet, we need someone who will guarantee us 20+ goals to be able to fight for top four at least.

Not to forget that we are in need of a good man in the mid to deliver.

Based on the way things are working, I think by the end of the weekend things will have moved forward with Juve (or stopped altogether). I don't think either club can sit and wait it out, both have other actions to do.

I'm glad Leo's back tbh, I didn't hold much of a grudge against him in the past even after he went to Inter and frankly I can't forget his history with us (I became a fan of his from world cup 94, not for the elbow though lol). As a director, he's absolutely ruthless too, like when he ripped at the heart of Serie A when he first joined PSG by just taking as many of the best players as he could. The situation with us is different, but I feel more secure with him leading the rebuild than I did with Mirabelli.

On Mirabelli, I don't think he was as bad as many consider, but I just want to say he left in a really classy way with his letter. The same can't be said about Fassone.
(07-25-2018, 10:33 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I'm glad Leo's back tbh, I didn't hold much of a grudge against him in the past even after he went to Inter and frankly I can't forget his history with us (I became a fan of his from world cup 94, not for the elbow though lol). As a director, he's absolutely ruthless too, like when he ripped at the heart of Serie A when he first joined PSG by just taking as many of the best players as he could. The situation with us is different, but I feel more secure with him leading the rebuild than I did with Mirabelli.

We need ruthless aggression