Alberto Aquilani
What do you guys think about his time at Milan so far.

IMO he is doing excellent and he is already a key part of this team. He is an absolute steal for 7-8m. Now lets pray he stays matchfit, as he had many injury problems in the past!
I dont like him as trequartista though, he is much better in midfield!
One thing is certain - he surpassed everyone's expectations Wink

I personally think he has been great since joining. He has added a new dimension to our midfield with his excellent passing, crosses -> assists.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
Yeah, true, he has exceeded expectations. I thought he would just rotate with Seedorf, but Allegri made a nice change with him and Nocerino, they both look a lot more comfortable in their respective positions. One think I both like and don't like at the same time though is that he likes to shoot a lot. I'm ok with a few shots, since he can do that. But oh well, I'm not complaining, he looks like a great investment. Big Grin
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
I am happy that I have been wrong. Big Grin I am sure though he can still be better.
I never questioned his attack,It's his defence that impressed me recently.he is not a ferocious intercepter,but he doesn't lack that typical italian player positioning awareness.
May god with chinese footbball
Nice article about him on AcMilan.com Devilcool

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/137086

Quote:MILAN – Panini Digital, in conjunction with La Lega, eleborate on the league table every week. After 10 weeks of football, Milan is at the top of the class in terms of dangerousness % (65.1), ball possession (29:57), passes (659.3) and % of passes completed (71.8).

The numbers speak for themsleves and are at least in part thanks to Albreto Aquilani. The days of question marks over his ability are long gone. The rumors of injury problems and the impossibility of replacing a player like Andrea Pirlo are no longer valid.

Alberto Aquilani plays his part without ever looking for the spotlight. Substance and quality, ever since the game against Palermo, the first of the five consecutive league games that Milan have taken all possible points from, Aquilani has been among the team’s top performers.

The defensive side of his game shows a player who chases the ball down and has a constant presence in the parts of the pitch where the other teams attack. On the other side of the pitch, his assist for Ibrahimovic in Rome comes to mind. In Rome, his Rome.

That Alberto was a top level player is something that is already understood outside of Italian shores. Words from for football legend such as King Kenny Dalglish at Liverpool went unnoticed at the time, but here’s what the Liverpool man had to say when Alberto left for Milan. Prophetic words.
[/quote]
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
How many games is he away from being kept by Milan ?
Wouldn't it be terrible for him if Milan doesn't use him anymore until the end of the season and doesn't buy him ?! Big Grin

If that had to happen, he could only be angry against himself for being injured in the most important part of the season (like most of our players) and not being able to make it in the first XI ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
we should keep him, he's our only midfielder with a great pass and vision. I dont understand why allegri always plays Muntari-Bommel/Max-Nocerino midfield, that is actually a pretty bad midfield, 0,0 creativity and none can pass the ball.
(04-21-2012, 01:34 PM)Beppe Wrote: we should keep him, he's our only midfielder with a great pass and vision. I dont understand why allegri always plays Muntari-Bommel/Max-Nocerino midfield, that is actually a pretty bad midfield, 0,0 creativity and none can pass the ball.

Well, except in some few games, he's not been that outstanding ... Nocerino is maybe not as good as him with the ball, but the guy is our second best goalscorer (I should check), and has showed grinta that makes him a player who has to start in our team. Van Bommel and Ambro play a role that Aquilani is unable to play, it's as simple as that. That lets one place in our midfield, and Muntari, even if I've never been a fan of this player, has showed, so far, that he can be up to the task and be a kind of second Nocerino (on a whole season, he would probably not score as many goals, but he's a guy who is very good and can be very important for a team when he is confident, which seems to be the case since he's arrived in Milan).

Aquilani has unfortunately never stepped up during the season (unfortunately because I remember that young promising player in Roma, and injuries just made him a normal professionnal player).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Aquilani before his injury was doing good, he was had something like 6 assists in 14 games, wich is good. A Milan midfield should have some creativity in it IMO, not only workers...
Maybe Allegri may not use him more becouse we have to sign him that way... As it seems like Montolivo is coming for free...