Alberto Aquilani
(04-22-2012, 08:26 PM)Stitch Wrote: unfortunately. he is not worth 6 million.

I honestly think he is.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
(04-23-2012, 09:11 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Actually I think after yesterday it's 23 appearances for him so far. Might be wrong.

I don't really mind Aquilani, he's a decent squad player even if not starter material.

I'm surprised some of you guys didn't know about the Caroll price, it's one of the biggest jokes here in England.

Honestly, I don't mind Aquilani; it is just that his injury is really getting on my nerves. I now actually want to get rid of all players that are injury-prone. Angry

(04-23-2012, 10:48 PM)fLame Wrote:
(04-22-2012, 08:26 PM)Stitch Wrote: unfortunately. he is not worth 6 million.

I honestly think he is.

I think he is too, so let's make a profit. Big Grin
aka xudong
If montolivo calibre players keep coming free,I don't mind we refuse to execute his contract.otherwise,I think 6 million is a fair amount.
May god with chinese footbball
Rumours are we won't play Aquilani enough to buy him at the end of the season. Wouldn't be surprised if that's true if we seriously intend to improve our midfield.
I doubt we have the budget to recruit enough talents to signaficantly improve midfield.and I doubt milan can improve midfield quality to a extent competeing with barca football.if we only want a midfield to overcome juventus,adding a quality ACM will do.
May god with chinese footbball
I think Merkel is someone whom Milan should play more as he got all the talents to be a great player. All he needs is play time and trust from his coach.

As for beating Barca, unless Milan become the new media darling, or a new King of football, I doubt anyone can beat them in CL. Barca will always get favourable calls.
(04-24-2012, 09:54 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: As for beating Barca, unless Milan become the new media darling, or a new King of football, I doubt anyone can beat them in CL. Barca will always get favourable calls.

Barca has been at the top for 5 years now, and they certain won't be up there for another 5. The cycle is ending, and the matches with Real / Chelsea this year are already signaling it.
Xavi and Iniesta aren't getting any younger, and Barca youth is ridiculously over hyped.
While they do have talented youth, they don't have anyone who can immediately pick this team up and continue what Xavi and Iniesta has been doing.

I think Barca will decline in 2 years max, hopefully they will start falling next year.

In that sense, we need to worry about our own squad. There is no way we are beating Bayern, ManUre or Real the way we are playing lately.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
(04-24-2012, 12:21 PM)fLame Wrote:
(04-24-2012, 09:54 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: As for beating Barca, unless Milan become the new media darling, or a new King of football, I doubt anyone can beat them in CL. Barca will always get favourable calls.

Barca has been at the top for 5 years now, and they certain won't be up there for another 5. The cycle is ending, and the matches with Real / Chelsea this year are already signaling it.
Xavi and Iniesta aren't getting any younger, and Barca youth is ridiculously over hyped.
While they do have talented youth, they don't have anyone who can immediately pick this team up and continue what Xavi and Iniesta has been doing.

I think Barca will decline in 2 years max, hopefully they will start falling next year.

In that sense, we need to worry about our own squad. There is no way we are beating Bayern, ManUre or Real the way we are playing lately.

I agree.

And their tiredness can bee seen. The way they play their own style is almost perfect, but this also means it is hard to find the replacement.
Our only midfielder who actually can pass a ball will leave. dammit. Allegri only wants hardworking midfielders it seems...
(04-24-2012, 12:21 PM)fLame Wrote:

Iniesta is only 25. Fabregas can replace Xavi if necessary..plus there's Thiago who just needs experience at the highest level. And at worst, they don't need to be spending money on players to fill up the bench because they know their youth can handle the job against the mid-low table teams.

I wouldn't say they're at the end of a cycle just yet. I think they already won 3 trophies this season..? And are in contention for 2 more (ignoring La Liga). If they end next season trophyless then I'll agree with you.

EDIT: I fully agree on Merkel..and I think Allegri agrees too. If not for his injury, he probably would have featured more this half of the season.
Siamo a posto cosi.