Nobody fancies about the draw of 16 yet?
(12-16-2011, 02:19 PM)Sputnik Wrote: Not a bad draw me thinks, but still early to say. No one knows in what condition both teams would be in when we'll meet. I mean there is a transfer window before February comes.

Exactly. It will all come down to what form the teams are in when the actual fixtures come.

+ I am hoping for some moves on the transfer market in January. I can haz De Rossi? Pretty please? Devilol
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
Firstly we should never be happy or unhappy with a draw on the judgment of our opponent. We have to meet the best on the road anyway. Its just as important to beat Barca aReal Arsenal or whoever in a last 16 as much as in a final.
We shouldnt be happy as each team is here by merit.
Personally i am happy with the draw because its an English club and i will enjoy it being shown in the pub as its mostly English fans where i live.

I want to hear Allegris reaction. Last year he made a disgraceful comment on drawing Spurs.
Good luck to us and to Inter and Napoli!
(12-16-2011, 02:24 PM)fLame Wrote: + I am hoping for some moves on the transfer market in January. I can haz De Rossi? Pretty please? Devilol

Has Berlusconi mentioned a Christmas stocking yet?
A decent draw. It should be doable, despite our negative record with English sides in the past few years.

I reckon there will be some discussion about the Lyon-Apoel draw given the events that recently transpired.
It's not impossible but it won't be easy. I don't like that Milan fans are mostly glad about this, just like how they were about Spurs last year.

Fact: Milan's been eliminated by English opposition in the last 16 round in the last 3 attempts at the CL.
Fact: Milan has won 6-7 games out of the last 17-18 games played in the CL.
Fact: Only three eligible strikers fit and ready to play in the CL (Cassano's injured, Carlitos would be cup-tied if he came).
Fact: MvB and Ambro have been extremely slow and our worst performers this season. That position will be our most important, as they will have Song and Wilshere playing there. We need a reinforcement this January if we want to win the CL. And no Montolivo is not good enough to take us another level, we need a De Rossi/Fernando type of player.
Fact: Arsenal depend on RvP who has been stunning this year and has lifted the team almost single-handedly. Luckily for us he's injury prone and we could end up being lucky if he gets sidelined next year. He's been fit for too long, it's bound to happen Big Grin

Opinion: Allegri in Europe has been very bad for Milan. Ibra has scored for us in every game he's played in the CL, he's not as bad as he usually is in the CL, but he didn't lift Milan versus Barca like he does in Serie A. I'm not sure which Ibra will show up versus Arsenal, but he's recently scored a double for Barca at the Emirates. Robinho + Pato will need to step it the fk up already. Prince is born for big games like these - I hope that by then he will be a midfielder with an AM (GANSO) coming in in January.

What do you all think of Napoli's chances? I think it's a 50/50 game. Inter x Marseille, well theoretically it looks simple but I see alot of hidden dangers in this one. Udinese x PAOK - the Italian team with the easiest draw. Lazio - Atletico - an amazing game, that Lazio wouldn't be able to handle IMO.

Bayern lucked out and got Basel, Leverkusen will be eliminated vs Barca, Schalke got PLZEN and will most likely beat them, Hannover got Brugge - another 50/50 game. The best we could hope for here is for Brugge to beat Hannover, I can't see Plzen beating Schalke. It would be nice to see Lazio/Inter/Udinese progressing but I think Napoli is the team that deserve it the most, and then probably Milan - but they both got the two toughest draws in Europe.
Two years ago we lost to a Fabregas and what I think was an Adebayor goal. This year, neither of them are in their squad, whilst our starting 11 has been drastically changed (for the better too Big Grin).
Two years back, we had Pato up front, with no one in support. This year, we have Nocerino, Boateng, Ibra and Aquilani up there for him.
I believe we don't have to come out and say we'll win it. We can be quietly confident in our own abilities. I can't wait to see who else will be included into our CL list.

Where does it stand at the moment, by the way? I mean our eligible players list.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
After seeing this draw, ( I was hoping for no drama) but of course, as usual, Italian teams drawn up against English teams. Chelsea-Napoli and Arsenal-Milan are rather hilarious to me, as our 2 strongest teams draw the 2 British teams left in the competition.

Too early to discuss the fixture and who knows what could happen. We could win and then face APOEL in Quarterfinals.

Van Bommel will not go "up against" Song Hitman, as they both play CDM, but rather Van Bommel will face against Arteta. We do need a CDM like De Rossi badly, but it's safe to assume we will play with the squad as is. I highly doubt we'll reinforce in January as Berlusconi says this squad is built for multiple trophy's.

A draw is a draw, apparently totally random and we must beat whoever we face, so really, no need to comment on the fixtures at all.

Forza Italia!
Would be good in the sense that if Italians eliminate the English it will be huge. If Chelsea's defense is still anything like it has been most of this season, it's possible. Arsenal definitely have weaknesses, many of them.
We should have a poll to decide who will have the honor to open the AC Milan vs. Arsenal match thread. Big Grin This is too important. Though it is still two months away, I can hardly wait.
aka xudong
(12-16-2011, 05:34 PM)Hitman Wrote: Fact: Only three eligible strikers fit and ready to play in the CL (Cassano's injured, Carlitos would be cup-tied if he came).

just to comment on this one, we will be able to name some subs for next phase of competition, so we may be able to include inzaghi, or ES, or whoever comes if he's not cup tied Smile
(12-16-2011, 06:10 PM)reza Wrote: Would be good in the sense that if Italians eliminate the English it will be huge. If Chelsea's defense is still anything like it has been most of this season, it's possible. Arsenal definitely have weaknesses, many of them.

If that happens it is gonna be huge indeed. I don't recall the last CL season with not an English club around after February.

If Italian clubs want to be the biggest boys on a permanent basis again, here is where they should built upon. It's perfect timing against the last English teams left in CL. Time for us to step up.