Napoli vs. Milan 8/25/18
2-1 Napoli
I am looking forward to watching this game.

This is an interesting game. Napoli has new coach whose tactic is pretty different to the previous coach. Carlo surely needs time to transform his idea to his players. However the players have been playing for Napoli for quite long, teamwork should not be a big deal for them. Milan on the other hand still trust Gattuso to lead the team and now he has time to prepare for the competition, not like last season. Milan also added some improvement noticeably Higuain, former Napoli striker.

I don't expect big from this game since we face a strong team away in our first game of the season . The players did have time to train and prepare but I don't think it is enough to reach the top form which should be achieved later. I hope Milan play well especially the new players. At the back we might see Musacchio partnering with Romagnoli while upfront Bonaventura could play Hakan's position, left wing. The LCM therefore would be filled by new player, Bakayoko. Other prediction is Bona still plays as LCM and we would see Castillejo make his debut in this game on the left flank.

A draw is alrady a good result I think. Napoli did not make any improvement but they are still a strong team. I am pretty sure loosing Jorginho would not destroy the team especially if we watched their first game, Hamsik could play there and they have an intelligent coach. Playing Hamsik as regista is also Carlo's idea, it would be no wonder if he does it to other players like he showed with a lot of examples during his time with Milan.

I hope we play as a team and compact and Higuain proved his quality particularly his trend to score against his former club. I am also curious where Jack will play, LCM or left-sided wing. Bona needs to step up his performance. If he manages to do that, we will benefit a lot from Bonaventura.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(08-22-2018, 11:23 AM)Siregar Wrote: I am looking forward to watching this game.

This is an interesting game. Napoli has new coach whose tactic is pretty different to the previous coach. Carlo surely needs time to transform his idea to his players. However the players have been playing for Napoli for quite long, teamwork should not be a big deal for them. Milan on the other hand still trust Gattuso to lead the team and now he has time to prepare for the competition, not like last season. Milan also added some improvement noticeably Higuain, former Napoli striker.

I don't expect big from this game since we face a strong team away in our first game of the season . The players did have time to train and prepare but I don't think it is enough to reach the top form which should be achieved later. I hope Milan play well especially the new players. At the back we might see Musacchio partnering with Romagnoli while upfront Bonaventura could play Hakan's position, left wing. The LCM therefore would be filled by new player, Bakayoko. Other prediction is Bona still plays as LCM and we would see Castillejo make his debut in this game on the left flank.

A draw is alrady a good result I think. Napoli did not make any improvement but they are still a strong team. I am pretty sure loosing Jorginho would not destroy the team especially if we watched their first game, Hamsik could play there and they have an intelligent coach. Playing Hamsik as regista is also Carlo's idea, it would be no wonder if he does it to other players like he showed with a lot of examples during his time with Milan.

I hope we play as a team and compact and Higuain proved his quality particularly his trend to score against his former club. I am also curious where Jack will play, LCM or left-sided wing. Bona needs to step up his performance. If he manages to do that, we will benefit a lot from Bonaventura.

in contrary , i expect a positive result if not a win in Neapel. its time to show that we can compete with title contenders now.
(08-22-2018, 02:01 PM)artand Wrote: in contrary , i expect a positive result if not a win in Neapel. its time to show that we can compete with title contenders now.

I certainly agree with that. 3 points is great achievement but what I think most important is playing well since this is only our first game and there are still 37 games to be played. I want to see Gattuso could adress our problems and last year and bring the solutions right in Milan first game.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I hope for a win but we are a work in progress, for me one example of this is almost all sources say Caldara is not only not going to start but will take a bit to be eased into the squad, there is as much work to do to build this squad as ever.
(08-22-2018, 03:25 PM)Siregar Wrote: I certainly agree with that. 3 points is great achievement but what I think most important is playing well since this is only our first game and there are still 37 games to be played. I want to see Gattuso could adress our problems and last year and bring the solutions right in Milan first game.
Siregar,

we finished well last season. certainly, hakan is missing , but , we we're actually playing some nice, fluid, football but were not sharp enough to finish the actions. now with higuain, things have changed for good, so, if we can keep the good work up, and good lethal finishing .... why not hope for a three points from san paolo. 
i dont know,if its my personal optimism maybe, but, i feel the same fresh air as some 10 years ago.....Big Grin
i think it will be a tie between both teams, its still early in the season and both teams looks still learning from the new addition to the team, either the coach or the players.
what needs to be seen is how do we cope with the lose of hakan for our team, and also if napoli manages to play really2 well in this game, they will be a force to be reckoned for title race imo.
I am afraid that Gattuso will be outfoxed by Ancelotti.

By the way, is it confirmed that this game will be played on a neutral turf?
Probable lineup vs. Napoli (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bakayoko; Suso, Higuain, Bonaventura [Sky]
(08-22-2018, 04:03 PM)artand Wrote: Siregar,

we finished well last season. certainly, hakan is missing , but , we we're actually playing some nice, fluid, football but were not sharp enough to finish the actions. now with higuain, things have changed for good, so, if we can keep the good work up, and good lethal finishing .... why not hope for a three points from san paolo. 
i dont know,if its my personal optimism maybe, but, i feel the same fresh air as some 10 years ago.....Big Grin

(08-22-2018, 04:17 PM)sylrus Wrote: i think it will be a tie between both teams, its still early in the season and both teams looks still learning from the new addition to the team, either the coach or the players.
what needs to be seen is how do we cope with the lose of hakan for our team, and also if napoli manages to play really2 well in this game, they will be a force to be reckoned for title race imo.

You are right, artand but the bold part sylrus wrote that concerns me. Last season we did struggle if both Hakan and Suso failed to inspire our game. Towards the end of the season Hakan became more vital. 

We now have Higuain and hopefully he could score no matter chance he gets but it is still not a guarantee since we face Napoli. From Napoli's first game, it can be clearly seen that Napoli still tried to find their (best) form. They struggled in the first half against Lazio but did pretty well in the second half. However if we play our best performance from last season, I think it is not impossible to win the game.

I am still waiting to see how Romagnoli-Musacchio performs. This is crucial for Milan. I want Caldara plays in Musacchio's position but it is certainly understandable if Musacchio starts in the game.