UEFA Champions League 2018-19
I would desagree. Every goal is reviewed and there really isn't a debate. I am yet to see VAR allow a goal that was scored from an offside position for example.
On the other hand, we used to weekly see offside goals be given before VAR.

The fault with VAR currently, is the fact that the main official still has all the discretion to review an incident. (Not with agoal as all goals have to be reviewed). But there will always be a human element in football whicg will naturally always be questioned. Still, imo, it's a lot better with VAR.

Remember...just a couple years ago we had teams be dumped out of the CL due to offside goals, ball crossing (or not) the goal line amd goals not given, etc. VAR is a step forward for sure.
If VAR was used, Real Madrid may not get even one UCL trophy in the past three seasons, let alone three in a row.

The first time VAR is used in UCL elimination round, it disallowed a goal against Real Madrid. Coincident? Icon_lol2

I am still unsure with the rule regarding the invoking of VAR. You mentioned that the head referee has all the discretion, can you confirm that is indeed the rule? I am still upset with our loss against Juventus when Kessie got a yellow changed to red, while Calabria suffered a similar foul yet the referee showed no interest in even looking at VAR. Conti was fouled, and he didn't want to look at VAR.

That's why I would agree that VAR should make it better, but it may as well turn out to be another tool for manipulations. I wouldn't be too surprised if in the future years, more scandals will surface in Italy. Big Grin
(02-15-2019, 10:56 PM)xudong Wrote:  yet the referee showed no interest in even looking at VAR. 

Same happened to Serbia on World Cup against Switzerland. When clear penalty was not given. Sure ,FIFA offered their "greates simpathy for terrbile error" and sent referee home as "punishment"... But ,what we have from that? Nothing. Game outcome was influenced despite VAR. So ,as long as it is on main referee to decide what to look and what not ,VAR will not show it's full potential. Those folks in VAR room must be above main referee and they must have right to call him and tell "Yo retard ,you made a mistake ,we're offcicialy changing your decision. Tell that to players and others."
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(02-15-2019, 10:56 PM)xudong Wrote: I am still unsure with the rule regarding the invoking of VAR. You mentioned that the head referee has all the discretion, can you confirm that is indeed the rule

I have nevee read the rules of how it's ised, but like Sampinjon said, there has been many situations wherr that was the case. I've heard a lot of comentators say thay as well, so that's why I always thought this is the rule.

All in all, it's cut out many mistakes. Is there still room for manipulation? Yes. But I think theyll constantly evolve it and make it better. As an example, there was already talk that coaches will be given a right to challenge a decision during a game, similar to tennis.
For example ,this World Cup was first in history which had 0 goals scored from offside. There is no doubt that VAR have positive effects on game ,but...let's use it's full potential.
And yes ,final decision depends on main referee.

The process begins with the video assistant referee(s) and the assistant video assistant referee (AVAR) reviewing the play in question on a bank of monitors in the video operation room (VOR) with the assistance of the replay operator. This can be triggered by the referee requesting the review or by the VAR conducting a "check" to see if a review should be recommended to the referee. If the VAR finds nothing during the check, then communication with the referee is unnecessary, which is called a "silent check". If the VAR believes there has been a potential clear error, the referee will be contacted with that judgment. The referee can then either (a) change the call on the advice of the VAR or (b) conduct an on-field review (OFR) by going to a designated spot on the sideline, called the referee review area, to review the video with the help of the review assistant or © decide that he/she is confident in the original call and not conduct an OFR.

That C option should be excluded. B must became mandatory.

The video assistant referee does not take any decisions; he supports the referee in the decision making process and the final decision can only be taken by the referee.

That is from FIFA official site. I guess it can be qualified as rule.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Both Barcelona and Real Madrid are nothing without Referee, it is truth which is not hidden from someone.
whenever they are in trouble they have exercised Referee power

I think this year too Madrid or Barcelona will get away with Champions League Angry Angry
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(02-16-2019, 12:25 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Those folks in VAR room must be above main referee and they must have right to call him and tell "Yo retard ,you made a mistake ,we're offcicialy changing your decision. Tell that to players and others."

I totally agree with this.. still keeping the main call and power with the Referee on the pitch to keep the *human element* is maximum level of horseshit.. either use VAR to its full potential or remove it.. dont be half-fucked half-assed about it.. 

Maybe this is the Governing bodies method to give the people a feeling of transparency while still having a loophole to influence games and favor some teams like Juve and Real..
LOL. I agree totally too.

Another alternative would be like in NFL, each team would have two chances to challenge, but football (or "soccer") isn't like American football, where loss of fluidity of the game isn't a problem.
Not sure where it belongs:

Quote:UEFA club ranking: Juve fifth, Inter 52nd and AC Milan 76th!

15 February at 16:00

The UEFA ranking has been updated, following this week's Champions League and Europa League games. In the top ten, there is only one Italian side, Juventus, while Roma comes in as the second Italian team in 12th place. 

Napoli is the third Italian side in 16th place, while Inter and Milan are 52nd and 76th respectively. In other words, the Milanese sides have been overtaken by Fiorentina and Lazio, 37th and 39th. Down below is the top ten:  

1) Real Madrid - 146,000 
2) Barcelona - 127,000 
2) Bayern - 127,000 
4) Atlético - 125,000 
5) Juventus - 120,000 
6) Paris - 103,000 
7) Seville - 101,000
7) Manchester City - 99,000 
9) Port - 90,000 
10) Arsenal - 86,000  

Other Italian teams

12) Rome - 81,000 (21st at the end of 2017/18) 
16) Naples - 75,000 (17th at the end of 2017/18) 
37) Fiorentina - 39,000 (30th at the end of 2017/18) 
39) Lazio - 37,000 (36th at the end of 2017/18) 
52) Inter - 28,000 (83rd at the end of 2017/18) 
76) Milan - 19,000 (53rd at the end of 2017/18)

Not cool. This can only get worse for the rest of this season, I suppose, because we have been eliminated from EL. Confused Dodgy 

We need to do something quick to return to where we rightfully belong.. 

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/ue...76th-71806
(02-18-2019, 07:20 AM)xudong Wrote: Not sure where it belongs:

Not cool. This can only get worse for the rest of this season, I suppose, because we have been eliminated from EL. Confused Dodgy 

We need to do something quick to return to where we rightfully belong.. 

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/ue...76th-71806

Wtf....Arsenal 10th when did the last time they qualified for quarters final of Champions league and Napoli and Roma behind this shitty EPL team Angry fuck off UEFA. At this stage Napoli, Inter, Roma, AC Milan, Atalanta can easily truimph over shitty Arsenal!!!
You fear because you live without Love Pioli