Winter Mercato 2018-2019
(01-31-2019, 08:43 PM)Nicolas Wrote: 110% agree. Galliani is not a man to miss, remember fondly or to revere but to curse.

He had many great moments as a transfer guru. If I recall correctly disaster came when Berlusconi got into trouble, leaving everything Milan to Galliani's care.
(01-31-2019, 08:34 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Well if he didnt horribly mismanaged the €220-€250m Milan had to spend and regularly run up €100m of debt ontop of that yearly h wouldn't of had to beg anyone.Paying €8m in agent fees for players like Ely.Extemding painfully average players like Muntari to multi year deals with 100% pay rises.Milan weren't out of money they were out of idea.The fact that Milan has only grown 2% in a decade is telling.U mean even Inter who are not in great shape grew by 67% and the likes of Real Barca Man Utd who Milan were up there with earning power a decade ago grew like 200% in revenue.Old men with outdated practices ruined Milan.
When you look into it deeply is frightening how badly Milan were managed.

Spot on! Gets me pissed just thinking abiut it.

Anyway...i think we have a lot to think about.

1. We have stopped leaking goals and look very compact. 
2. Donnarumma has started to look excellent and unbeatable
3. Conto coming back and already affecting games
4. Caldara to be back and hopefully make a contribution
5. Paqueta cementing a place in the first 11 already and affecting games
6. Piątek scoring 2 already. If he can score 10 goals this 2nd half of the season it will be a big step towards 4th
7. Maybe we really got rid of a problem in Higuain
8. Bakayoko becoming a beast
9. Biglia coming back and we will finally be healthy in what's about to be the most important part of the season (apart from Jack)
10. Roma pissing themselves
11. Inter starting to piss themselves

All those things give me confidence. No LW is disappointing, but we are still in a prime spot to get into the CL.
Not all that disappointed at all with the mercato. Sure, it would've been nice to sign some better players, but I would much rather not signing anyone than garbage that we have to find a way to get rid off in six months.
(01-31-2019, 09:00 PM)millinarios Wrote: He had many great moments as a transfer guru. If I recall correctly disaster came when Berlusconi got into trouble, leaving everything Milan to Galliani's care.

all well and fine, i just didnt understand where the heck galliani did find viudez and cardaccio ? biggest ever enigma  Sagrin Sagrin
He started buying players brought to him by agents. Obviously never having observed them. We got rid of our entire scouting network. The guy got lazy, careless and straight up dirty. Maybe he was always dirty, but at least he wasn't careless. Hell, even Barbara called him out on his dealings, especially with Genoa. She just underestimated how powerful Gallaiani is and it backfired on her. She figured out real quick that her dad wouod never ever turn on Galliani. No matter what. There was probably so much shit in Milan's accounts, and you better bet you ass Berlu knew ALL about it and it was all done with his blessing to begin with.
(01-31-2019, 09:00 PM)millinarios Wrote: He had many great moments as a transfer guru. If I recall correctly disaster came when Berlusconi got into trouble, leaving everything Milan to Galliani's care.

Sure when we were at a point where our budget was bigger any other club’s we would sign great players. When he had to make do with less he proved to be utter incompetent. All his backroom dealings, salaries to agents and his reluctance to set up a proper scouting network set us back a decade. He is a useless old crook, who gave countess equally useless players multi-year extensions, which we are still suffering from. On top of that he alienated almost all of our legends. It is no coincidence that we see some of them return after his departure. He was a cancer that eroded the club from within.
(01-31-2019, 10:47 PM)Nicolas Wrote: Sure when we were at a point where our budget was bigger any other club’s we would sign great players. When he had to make do with less he proved to be utter incompetent. All his backroom dealings, salaries to agents and his reluctance to set up a proper scouting network set us back a decade. He is a useless old crook, who gave countess equally useless players multi-year extensions, which we are still suffering from. On top of that he alienated almost all of our legends. It is no coincidence that we see some of them return after his departure. He was a cancer that eroded the club from within.

funny, to read the same comments just as the ones at Devilsmania. we kept spitting there after B&G, calling after a sale, Maldini joining the management Big Grin
(01-31-2019, 10:52 PM)artand Wrote: funny, to read the same comments just as the ones at Devilsmania. we kept spitting there after B&G, calling after a sale, Maldini joining the management Big Grin

And here we are, doesn’t the air smell just a tad bit fresher? Big Grin
(01-31-2019, 11:22 PM)Nicolas Wrote: And here we are, doesn’t the air smell just a tad bit fresher? Big Grin

Big Grin definitively. 

but the guys on DM were more harsh,  calling for riots in Milanello Big Grin
(01-31-2019, 07:47 PM)UJay Crisp Wrote: Silvestri,  Zaccardo , Legrotagglie , Destro , Essien....we could go one Wink lets not forget it was mostly miss

Crispy is right guys
As much as it pains me to admit  Dodgy
Milan is a rose
Love even the thorns