Winter Mercato 2018-2019
(09-08-2018, 12:14 PM)nefremo Wrote: I hope we don't go this route again. I don't mind free players, but the likes of Fabregas are "drained goods" that will demand huge salaries while in return we are not going to gain much.

Needless to say, this transfer would be a huge no for me.

Definitely agree with this.

Old and past his prime. He could compete with Bona but he surely needs to adapt first with Serie A especially Gattuso's tactic. When he got that, he would be already 32 years old. Not convincing enough. 

We should just focus on top quality players for our midfield. Perhaps only Kessie is starting material for a team who set goal on glories.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
The only free transfers that i think could have been beneficial was Yaya Toure and John Terry.. one is already snapped up while the other could have communication problems.. the only benefit of signing both in my mind was the winners mentality they could show and hopefully rub off on our young team.. i only thought of them for 1 year contracts though or maybe 2 max.. just to help shape our team fragile mental fortitude
(09-08-2018, 02:25 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: The only free transfers that i think could have been beneficial was Yaya Toure and John Terry.. one is already snapped up while the other could have communication problems.. the only benefit of signing both in my mind was the winners mentality they could show and hopefully rub off on our young team.. i only thought of them for 1 year contracts though or maybe 2 max.. just to help shape our team fragile mental fortitude

Ouch. Totally disagree. Ok, so they used to be quite good a long time ago. But at 35 and 37 respectively that really is a giant NO to both from me. Terry couldn't even get a renewal at Aston Villa...
We've been linked to Paredes, Barella and Sandro Tonali as possible recruitments for the regista.

I've said my pieces on Paredes and Barella before, I like both so open to the, problem is cost in both cases. However, it's Tonali that interests me most, playing for Brescia he plays eerily like Pirlo, it's uncanny (seriously go check it out on YouTube). There's a lot of competition for him, but if he's half as good as pirlo he could be the best of the bunch.
(09-08-2018, 08:16 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Ouch. Totally disagree. Ok, so they used to be quite good a long time ago. But at 35 and 37 respectively that really is a giant NO to both from me. Terry couldn't even get a renewal at Aston Villa...

Its not about their ability now that interest me.. its about the mentality they could bring in and hopefully rub off on our young inexperienced players.. other than Higuain, we dont really have someone whos been there done that you know.. please dont count Reina's days at Liverpool or Napoli.. those teams didnt achieve anything during his time there.. 

Despite his attitude problems off the field, Yaya Toure was once part of a dominating Barca side.. he was also winner in England in his time at City.. Terry is a CL winner and Runner up once.. was one of the best centerbacks at his peak too.. these are skills that could be imparted and also their winning mentality.. other than Higuain, who else do we have that was a winner anywhere? Someone who knows what it takes to be a winner.. someones whos faced the pressures of playing for a winning side..? Someone who will not crumble under pressure.. hell.. even Higuain is a known choker from time to time.. a Coach whos been there and done that is someone who can influence on the touchline.. and half-time.. not on the field of play itself..
(09-08-2018, 08:53 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: We've been linked to Paredes, Barella and Sandro Tonali as possible recruitments for the regista.

I've said my pieces on Paredes and Barella before, I like both so open to the, problem is cost in both cases. However, it's Tonali that interests me most, playing for Brescia he plays eerily like Pirlo, it's uncanny (seriously go check it out on YouTube). There's a lot of competition for him, but if he's half as good as pirlo he could be the best of the bunch.

We should get him and let him play for Brescia this season. He was already regular starter in Serie B in the age of 17. Don't wait  until his price rocket high.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(09-08-2018, 12:52 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Fabregas & Herrera being linked.Two pointless moves , Herrera is exactly what we do not need.Fabrehas is 5 years too late.Rabiot , let's be real.Theres no chance I'm not sure Leo had much if any interaction with him.Wasnt in PSG B until 2014 & Leo left in 2013 he was already in the youth sector before Leo.

This...
A huge NO from me for Fabregas and Herrera.
And I can't see us getting Rabiot with all the interest in him to be honest.
(09-08-2018, 09:49 PM)Siregar Wrote: We should get him and let him play for Brescia this season. He was already regular starter in Serie B in the age of 17. Don't wait  until his price rocket high.

SO much this!!!
No reason why we couldn't also pick up someone like Paredes/Barella... A Top team has more than one top option.
A good Regista is an absolute must next transfer window.
We are trying to use Kaká to convince Flamengo's Lucas Paqueta to join us instead of Barcelona. He is a 21 year old attacking midfielder who made his international debut this month.
(09-08-2018, 12:14 PM)nefremo Wrote: I hope we don't go this route again. I don't mind free players, but the likes of Fabregas are "drained goods" that will demand huge salaries while in return we are not going to gain much.

Needless to say, this transfer would be a huge no for me.

Another Biglia move in my opinion