Summer Mercato 2019
(07-16-2019, 04:37 AM)hwmook Wrote: We spend 20m to buy Theo which is not really needed but not willing to spend 2m more on someone who we seem to be really interested. I really don't understand the logic behind veretout saga, it seem like we want to get rid of Biglia before getting Veretout, that's the only way to make sense of this saga.

Theo aside, why dont we search elsewhere for someone like Veretout or better? pre-season is starting and we still cant fill up those positions needed. CB and mids
(07-16-2019, 05:45 AM)edysim Wrote: Theo aside, why dont we search elsewhere for someone like Veretout or better? pre-season is starting and we still cant fill up those positions needed. CB and mids

Pretty much. Looks like Veretout is going to be too hard. Either Make a proper crack at it and close the deal or move on and go for someone else.

The biggest issue I can see is that we need to sign some mids and a CB but there's still  a decent For Sale list that we've had little to no interest in.

I feel like most of those players will leave but they might not leave till late in the window. Suso, Castillejo, Borini, Biglia, maybe even kessie.
Really can't wait to see our game under Giampaolo. Hope he will see that Suso can't play AM, and not to force him, or change formation because of him..

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
YES! Roma have reached agreement with Fio for Veretout. Smile
Maybe it's all because of Suso. He can't be kicked out since not many want him. We have no choice to fill Suso in Trequartista position. And that makes Paqueta pushed back to Mezalla role.

So Paqueta, Bonaventura, Hakan, Kessie, Krunic. 5 midfielder to fill 2 CMF role. Maybe Maldini realized this and bail out from Veretout bid war
acc to Sky, Hakan could be included in the deal for Leizig CB .
(07-16-2019, 12:12 PM)edysim Wrote: acc to Sky, Hakan could be included in the deal for Leizig CB .

Who?? Dayot Upamecano
Make Milan Great Again Okmilan
Don't know much about Upamecano other that he's supposedly a top talent that's expected to become a top CB. 

Problem is that we would have to give Hakan + cash as Upamecano is valued at well over 30mil. Again, this is way too much for a position that's really not such a priority. It's a priority in terms of numbers and we need a 3rd CB....so someone below 10mil will do. But to drop 30+mil on this position when we are in desperate need of a true SS (or someone up top that's able to being pace, dribbling, creativity, scoring) doesn't seem like a smart thing to do.

Some other interesting news.....we are interested in Seri. 2mil + option at 15mil.
This guy got a lot of criticism since signing for Fulham, but a couple years ago he was the talk of the town while playing for Nice. At 2mil loan + option, he is a low risk move and good enough as a back up. If he rediscoveres his Nice form, then who knows, he may surprise us. But getting him allows us to allocate even more from the budget towards a SS....instead of dropping 18-20mil on Veretout.

Also, De Gea renewing with United. So really...the only option for PSG at the moment is Gigio. If they want him, they'll have to pay up. I know it's been said that he'll stay for sure....but if they were to come back and met our valuation, then we may see a twist here. My opinion is that they'll be back for him in August. And we can milk them for all they are worth because there are no other options out there for them.
[Image: Milan-XI-747x1024.jpg]
as in football italia
Ceballos close to Arsenal move
5 hours ago 12:00 [Goal] AS report

Emery impact influenced decision to join the Gunners

Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos is close to completing a loan move to Arsenal, according to AS.

The 22-year-old Spain international also had offers from Tottenham and Milan but preferred a move to Emirates Stadium.

It is believed the efforts made by Gunners boss Unai Emery to sign Ceballos persuaded the midfielder to move to the north London club.