Summer Mercato 2019
Reading here and on twitter seems our summer's most expensive signing already a forgotten man, would be typical Milan
I really think 4321 will be the best option. Rebic and Suso behind Piatek. They get a free role in the entire area behind the striker, however naturally Suso will operate from the center and all the way to the right wing, while Rebic will be from the center and all the way to the left wing. Very similar to how Atalanta has Papu and Ilicic playing. This also makes it very easy to slot in Jack/Hakan/Paqeta in one of those roles without us changing the formation or the movements.
(09-02-2019, 05:43 PM)reza Wrote: Reading here and on twitter seems our summer's most expensive signing already a forgotten man, would be typical Milan

It was a weird signing, that's for sure. Even Giampaolo said "not sure where Leao fits in yet". Clearly he's a highly regarded youngster and some of the biggest clubs in Europe were interested in him in the last 6 months. I think the relationship between Elliot and Lille contributed to the transfer as well. I can't help but think the money could have been used a different way...but at the same time, from reading what people say about him and watching some videos....he is one of those players that can easily be worth 50/60/70+ mil in just a year or two. It'll be interesting to see how he develops.
(09-02-2019, 05:43 PM)reza Wrote: Reading here and on twitter seems our summer's most expensive signing already a forgotten man, would be typical Milan

With the way Milan play at the moment, I would not throw in Leao and risk making him run around like a headless chicken now. We are already making Piatek demoralised, no point destroying another. We need to make this team start creating chances first.
(09-02-2019, 05:32 PM)nefremo Wrote: Has he been also showcasing Samu?? It's all starting to make sense now... Sagrin

If Samu leave by the end of the windows then......else.......
(09-02-2019, 04:34 PM)reza Wrote: Showcasing him, makes lots of sense. A coach wasn't going to bench Piatek just like that, off form or not.

Yeah def. I think it also motivated Piatek though. He came off the bench and looked sharper than before. I think he was closer to a goal than he has been the last few months.

Who is that? (Serious question Big Grin)

Nvm, just checked.
Leao 28m
Giampaolo started Silva just to show the world that Silva is fine. Genius!
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
Milan has revolutionized the squad this transfer window while respecting FFP regulations. €59 million has been spent and players have arrived who can be the basis of the future. The revolution is expected to continue in the upcoming January and Summer windows. [@DiMarzio]
On Rebic from someone who follows Bundesliga:

"A great signing. Incredible ability on the ball and strength, but often his decision making let’s him down. Interested to see how he works out."

Bad decision making in the final third?  Fuck