Summer Mercato 2019
I would renew all of them. We need a strong bench. I envision all these players to be back ups. If they don't like it, they can then be sold. But I wouldn't let them get into their last year of contract and risk losing them for nothing or being forced to sell at a cut price. All 3 are very useful players for a squad (as back ups, not starters). We will not be able to easily get back ups of the same level.
(09-06-2019, 10:26 AM)Rishav kant Wrote: You know what I mean

As much as it sucks to say this.. i hope he does leave and join Juventus.. it would put an end to everyones imagination of seeing Cr7 and Messi in the same team.. and there is a big plus for us too..

With both their annual wages (combined close to 80m).. no way in hell merchandising can cover them both plus the rest of the squad.. they might rule europe for 2 or 3 season tops before Juve crumbling after their retirement.. sort of the Robben-Ribery combo on a much bigger scale..
When we make it to the CL, we should be looking to sign someone like Neymar (or Messi if possible, but Neymar makes more sense). He’d give us an instant increase in brand value like CR has done for Juve (and Real Madrid). This’d be a nice shortcut to high revenues.

Maldini should use his great relationship with Leonardo to try to get Neymar if they refuse to sell to Barca. It could represent that opportunity we need that acts as a springboard to shoot us back into global football relevance.
(09-07-2019, 09:09 AM)Hitman Wrote: When we make it to the CL, we should be looking to sign someone like Neymar (or Messi if possible, but Neymar makes more sense). He’d give us an instant increase in brand value like CR has done for Juve (and Real Madrid). This’d be a nice shortcut to high revenues.

Maldini should use his great relationship with Leonardo to try to get Neymar if they refuse to sell to Barca. It could represent that opportunity we need that acts as a springboard to shoot us back into global football relevance.

No thanks. We needs top football players not top Olympic Divers.
When we make it to CL we have to complement the young squad with proven experience, leadership. Who that may be depends on the timing.
The thing is, we are ages away from signing someome like Neymar. We would need to grow our revenues to at least 450-500mil+ per year to be able to even think about something like that. We are several years of consistent CL + success away from those kinds of numbers. It took Juventus years to get someone like Ronaldo for example....and even then, they only got him because of that clause in his contract allowing him to leave for around 100mil. There are multiple reports that they are supplementing his income from "outside sources" as well, because their revenue alone can't cover it (on top of the other players they already have).

In any case, even if we could afford Neymar, I wouldn't go for him. One of the most talented players, that's for sure. But he's also a cunt and I just have a personal dislike for the guy. So yea, it's personal and not sporting. Big Grin But to be honest, even sporting wise, you have to do a lot to accomodate the guy. I for one feel like the Brazilian national team is better off without him. And I've spoken to many Brazilians that I play with for fun, and they seem to have the same opinion. That Neymar just kills their play. Holds the ball too long and is too individualistic for modern football. He can win you a game on his own, but can kill off many more by being about himself. Brazil plays a lot more fluid without him because the ball moves and players interchange positions. They are actually a fun, modern team, to watch when he's not in there.
But again...I don't like the PERSON Neymar, so I might he biased??? Big Grin
(09-07-2019, 06:39 PM)nefremo Wrote: The thing is, we are ages away from signing someome like Neymar. We would need to grow our revenues to at least 450-500mil+ per year to be able to even think about something like that. We are several years of consistent CL + success away from those kinds of numbers. It took Juventus years to get someone like Ronaldo for example....and even then, they only got him because of that clause in his contract allowing him to leave for around 100mil. There are multiple reports that they are supplementing his income from "outside sources" as well, because their revenue alone can't cover it (on top of the other players they already have).

In any case, even if we could afford Neymar, I wouldn't go for him. One of the most talented players, that's for sure. But he's also a cunt and I just have a personal dislike for the guy. So yea, it's personal and not sporting. Big Grin But to be honest, even sporting wise, you have to do a lot to accomodate the guy. I for one feel like the Brazilian national team is better off without him. And I've spoken to many Brazilians that I play with for fun, and they seem to have the same opinion. That Neymar just kills their play. Holds the ball too long and is too individualistic for modern football. He can win you a game on his own, but can kill off many more by being about himself. Brazil plays a lot more fluid without him because the ball moves and players interchange positions. They are actually a fun, modern team, to watch when he's not in there.
But again...I don't like the PERSON Neymar, so I might he biased??? Big Grin

They're getting an extra 28m from Jeep and 12m from Adidas. Not to mention what other sponsorships that have come as a result.

Never been a Neymar fan and never will be. Talented player... shit attitude.
Depay hopeful Milan transfer will go through in January
10 minutes ago 07:58

Lyon midfielder Memphis Depay will try to force through a move to Milan when the transfer window reopens, according to Calcio Mercato.

The Rossoneri expressed an interest in the Dutchman over the summer, but ultimately decided against meeting Lyon's €60 million valuation ($66m, £54m).

Depay has no plans to renew his contract at Groupama Stadium, which is set to run until 2021, with Milan still monitoring his situation.

(09-09-2019, 08:10 AM)mazen111 Wrote: Depay hopeful Milan transfer will go through in January
10 minutes ago 07:58

Lyon midfielder Memphis Depay will try to force through a move to Milan when the transfer window reopens, according to Calcio Mercato.

The Rossoneri expressed an interest in the Dutchman over the summer, but ultimately decided against meeting Lyon's €60 million valuation ($66m, £54m).

Depay has no plans to renew his contract at Groupama Stadium, which is set to run until 2021, with Milan still monitoring his situation.

Not more than 40M for Depay
Make Milan Great Again Okmilan
@geralddamsey, I need a coaching license, planning to to take over ASAP as Giampaolo gets the sack