Summer Mercato 2019
(04-08-2019, 07:57 PM)nefremo Wrote: Hope it's PSG (gotta be, right? There is no other big French clubs haha). Get like 15mil for him and run before they change their mind.

Sell him to China
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(04-08-2019, 10:43 AM)Rossonero21 Wrote: Hey guys! After following AC Milan since 1990 and this forum as “silent watcher” since several years, I have decided to be active, because I strongly believe this period and this summer will be very important, if we want to come back..

Regardless if ACM achieve to be place for CL qualifiers and we win the Coppa Italia, the team wants a leader in coach position. There is no doubt, that Gattuso gave all his power in order to have a simply, not extraordinary team on place 4. Although he is not capable to lead us to the next stage..I think the best position for him is to have him either as Sport Director for issues in the locker room and on the field or assistant coach.. Pochettino could be the man..Conte is surely a strong candidate for this project..

GK: stay as we are now
RB: Conti (I believe in this guy), Calabria (only as backup)
CB: Romagnoli-Caldara should be the duo, if Caldara is not in the shape to fulfill this, we have to see..Musacchio only as sub
LB: black box, because of Rodriquez, sell him only if we can get something better..Laxalt,Strinic only as backups, Calabria can also play in this position

DM: Bakayoko (cornerstone of our midfield right now)
MC: we need a top box-to-box and sell Kessie if there is an offer 40M+, Calhanoglu has to leave the club even with an offer 25M+ (Schalke 04, Hoffenheim, RB Leipzig)
AMC: Paqueta

Jack has to stay, Biglia and deadwood like Bertolacci have to leave the club...

As far as the frontline is concerned, AC Milan has to decide how to form the main style of play..
Do we want to play with 2 strikers? Do we want to play in 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation?
Regardless of what we are going to play several players (either wingers and/or further striker, if we get Andre Silva sold for the right price) have to be recruited, because I only consider Piatek, Cutrone and Samu to stay...The experiments with Suso, Calhanoglu are without success for the next step and these players had over several years their chance..

As said, this period will be very crucial, if we want to compete for the next level..getting CL spot will give us the chance to get this project realized..

Welcome mate!
I would argue that Gattuso is a leader. It's why he's been able to get what he has out of the team we have. Where he lacks is his tactical approach. He still has much to learn.
For me, the Poch is a perfect choice, great tactically as well as a coach who's capable of getting the best out of what he has.
As for the team stuff... agree with pretty much the lot. I'd add that we're better off keeping Biglia for the 12 months he has left to hopefully give space for Tonali(fingers crossed) to ease himself into the team.
I'm not a fan of Jack and would only keep him if he's happy playing backup.
I'm not sure 2 strikers works well anymore, and wouldn't be necessary if we end up with a better CM(Barella please) and a top LW(Keane please) and RW(Chiesa to replace Suso).
I keep hoping for better and I do think we're on the right track, just takes time and after so long of being terrible, I think a lot of us lack patience.(myself included)
(04-08-2019, 05:50 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: If I was a manager, I'd want my GK to rarely or never touch the ball

exactly... it's a GOAL KEEPER... as in KEEP GOALS OUT... not GOAL PLAYMAKER...
(04-08-2019, 07:57 PM)nefremo Wrote: Hope it's PSG (gotta be, right? There is no other big French clubs haha). Get like 15mil for him and run before they change their mind.

ok... so I said to keep him for the last 12 months of his contract. If someone is stupid enough to pay us 15m though... take it and run. add an extra 5m and buy Tonali.

Sorry. I should have done all my comments on one post but i'm lazy. haha
Many European teams can sell crappy players to China for big bucks. How come we (as Milan, not as Chinese Big Grin) have never had that good luck?
Inter in talks with Gundogan.
.@Record_Portugal report that Milan have rekindled their interest in signing Sporting midfielder Bruno Fernandes. The Portuguese outlet reached out Leonardo who responded saying “I cannot comment on this”
Would be great signing, the type we need besides LW need
I've said it before on here... been watching him every game for 2 season's now. The guys a beast.
Jump on youtube and there should be a highlight reel from his time at Sporting. Some of the goals he's scored have been goal of the year contenders. The rest have just been crazy. but he's great on the ball, high work rate, good defensively, great attacking(both shooting and creating play).
Would be great for our midfield
I'm guessing they'll want around 50m for him