Summer Mercato 2019
If we go to the Champions League they will do anything to take Milinkovic Savic is a strong left outsider
Actually.. this season SMS seems quite *meh*.. i'd rather us NOT splash even 70m for him.. unless its like a 2 year loan plus obligation
I'd invest that money for Tonalli.
I hope we stay far away from SMS. Wuth that kind of money, we can do much better than him.
I hope we sign a good left back to replace Rodriguez. Emerson Palmieri might be good alternative
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(02-23-2019, 03:29 PM)Rishav kant Wrote: I hope we sign a good left back to replace Rodriguez. Emerson Palmieri might be good alternative

To be fair though, Rodriguez seems quite solid defensively.. its only the attacking aspect that seems abit lacking.. butni dont think there are much better options available for decent prices..
I actually wouldn't blame him for the attacking aspect either. It seems like it's a tactical thing where we always push on the right side with Suso/Calabria while RR stays back to keep the balance.

When he DOES go up, he is quite decent. Case and point, the cross to Paqueta's disallowed goal yesterday.

I am always up for an upgrade and I really like Palmieri. But I don't think he's worth more then RR, which is what Chelsea will demand, so I would rather spend elsewhere first. Then, if we can exchange them, it's fine with me.
(02-23-2019, 07:17 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: To be fair though, Rodriguez seems quite solid defensively.. its only the attacking aspect that seems abit lacking.. butni dont think there are much better options available for decent prices..

I actually think exactly the opposite. I think his attacking is decent, certainly not Serginho, but okay. His defensive skill and particularly awareness worry me the most.

I do agree with your evaluation that there are not many options out there at a decent price.
(02-23-2019, 07:59 PM)nefremo Wrote: I actually wouldn't blame him for the attacking aspect either. It seems like it's a tactical thing where we always push on the right side with Suso/Calabria while RR stays back to keep the balance.

When he DOES go up, he is quite decent. Case and point, the cross to Paqueta's disallowed goal yesterday.

I am always up for an upgrade and I really like Palmieri. But I don't think he's worth more then RR, which is what Chelsea will demand, so I would rather spend elsewhere first. Then, if we can exchange them, it's fine with me.

Actually he was more known for his offensive ability rather than defensive ability.. initially thats what we got him for.. 
Also i think maybe against weaker opponents we could go for 5-3-2 or 5-4-1.. with RR and Conti/Calabria let loose but covered by a back 3 of Caldara,Romagnoli and Musacchio.. maybe for next season though..

Side note.. God Damn it Frosinone conceded a ridiculous goal on 95th (90+5)min to Dzeko's last kick/thigh of the game.. zzzzz... atleast Atalanta seems like dropping steam with their 2nd loss in a row..
Roma just wouldn't let go. That 1-7 slaughter has done more benefit than damage to them, unfortunately. El Shaarawy continues to hurt Milan, so annoying to see.

I am rooting for a Lazio win next week when they face Roma, because I have more faith in Lazio eventually running out of steam. Big Grin