Summer Mercato 2019
(03-11-2019, 06:10 PM)xudong Wrote: My question is: if we receive 38 m in one lump sum, all 38m should count as next year's capital gain. if we receive 38 m in 4 installments, 10 m each year, it won't help our next year's financial statement as significantly. 

I seem to recall having read some cases in which a release clause is evoked, then not only full amount needs to be paid off right away, there would also be an additional administrative (punitive) fee for termination of a contract. I believe it happened in Spain a few seasons back, but forgot the details. That's why it only happened between clubs that really don't like each other. Otherwise, they would just agree on a "transfer" fee that is equal to the release clause, but avoid paying other fee (the selling club won't get that amount anyway. it usually goes to the association.)

the way release fee's work is they're only automatically triggered when it's an up front payment. That being said. Most clubs would likely also accept it in installments but usually because the buying club chooses throw other things in like bonuses as an extra incentive
dani olmo and saint maximin linked heavily
Saint Maximin and Olmo look ok but i'd love to get pepe... issue is this;

"Reports have suggested that €50million bids arrived from some Premier League clubs plus an €80million offer from China, and Galtier has admitted his price could yet go up."

that's a huge amount of money. money we're really not allowed to spend. Not unless we take down FFP in the next 2 months
(03-12-2019, 10:44 PM)porcho Wrote: Saint Maximin and Olmo look ok but i'd love to get pepe... issue is this;

"Reports have suggested that €50million bids arrived from some Premier League clubs plus an €80million offer from China, and Galtier has admitted his price could yet go up."

that's a huge amount of money. money we're really not allowed to spend. Not unless we take down FFP in the next 2 months

FFP is bullshit. No way UEFA can stop Elliott and their team lawyers. Elliott will spend what they want to spend.

I think Elliott will wait to see if Milan are sure to qualify for CL. Then they will go for a top player like Pepe. But without CL qualification a Maximin price level player is probably the max Milan will go for.

Pepe would probably cost around 60-70 mil. He would take Milan to the next level.
(03-13-2019, 12:56 AM)omer486 Wrote: FFP is bullshit. No way UEFA  can stop Elliott and their team lawyers. Elliott will spend what they want to spend.

I think Elliott will wait to see if Milan are sure to qualify for CL. Then they will go for a top player like Pepe. But without CL qualification a Maximin price level player is probably the  max Milan will go for.

Pepe would probably cost around 60-70 mil. He would take Milan to the next level.

That he would... But we would still need a LW(i'll take Lozano) plus a CM(I'll take Verratti please) and a backup CDM(Tonali) would be nice.

If we somehow picked up those 4... that would be the best mercato.

Before anyone burst by bubble... let a man dream
(03-13-2019, 01:03 AM)porcho Wrote: That he would... But we would still need a LW(i'll take Lozano) plus a CM(I'll take Verratti please) and a backup CDM(Tonali) would be nice.

I will wait 12 hours before replying Tongue
(03-13-2019, 01:03 AM)porcho Wrote: That he would... But we would still need a LW(i'll take Lozano) plus a CM(I'll take Verratti please) and a backup CDM(Tonali) would be nice.

PSG will never sell Verratti. Sensi or Tonali are doable.

Everton Soares looks really good for the left wing. I haven't seen much of Lozano but he doesn't seem to have that special dribbling skills / close control (Like Maximin or Pepe). What do you think? He seems like a fast player with good shooting skills but missing some some other skills for a top player.
We need finishers, including - I would say especially - from LW. Lozano is good at that.
(03-13-2019, 01:40 AM)reza Wrote: We need finishers, including - I would especially - from LW. Lozano is good at that.

yep. Lozano is a great finisher. Not the flashiest player but effective.

Lozano has at least made the step to europe and been succesful. Plus still looks dangerous.

My issue with Everton is that brazilians are a risk. They don't all work out. And there's usually some period of integration. Even if it's just fitness wise... eg. Paqueta
not that i would be upset with Everton, but i would prefer Lozano. I really like him. haha.

as for my dream list omer486... you're right. realistically Verratti is untouchable but the others are not. It's just too much for the one transfer window because of FFP. Sensi plus Tonali would be great for midfield options... Add Lozano and a Pepe(to replace Suso) and we're looking good. I'm still a fan of Chiesa personally so would probably lean more toward saving a bit of $$ and getting him for RW. Pepe looks good but not sure he looks 80m good.
Well, since we have high chance (and no way in hell, we'd lost even 4th place)
We need to prepare for the home-grown registration for UCL

Tonali/ Sensi definitely help us fill the trained in nation quota.
Considering we'd finally able to kick bertolacci and some Serie B overpaid players with UCL reason