Summer Mercato 2019
Castagne for 20m?
What exactly for? Abate leaving but we have Calabria Conti Strinic RR as FBs. If we are selling one (or more) of them ok if not why?
(05-13-2019, 08:39 PM)reza Wrote: What exactly for? Abate leaving but we have Calabria Conti Strinic RR as FBs. If we are selling one  (or more) of them ok if not why?

I think we're offloading Strinic
Milan have reportedly been very impressed with the 23-year old Belgian who can play on either flank of the defense. Timothy can also play the number ten role which Atalanta have deployed him in on occasion this season.

Atalanta value the player at €20 million. Leonardo has been keeping tabs on the player for the past few months and likes the player. AC Milan are expected to prepare a bid to satisfy Atalanta. Castagne is open to the move.
If we have a good budget may be but that 20 or whatever amount needs to go for, in order:
1) a player providing offensive support down the middle so we don't have to rely on crosses, Paqueta alone is not enough for this crucial missing 'option' against 3CD and similar opposition
2) LW
3) CF
(05-13-2019, 10:01 PM)reza Wrote: If we have a good budget may be but that 20 or whatever amount needs to go for, in order:
1) a player providing offensive support down the middle so we don't have to rely on crosses, Paqueta alone is not enough for this crucial missing 'option' against 3CD and similar opposition
2) LW
3) CF

Agreed
(05-13-2019, 12:59 PM)DrDejan Wrote: Leonardo and Maldini’s first objective was to evaluate and improve the coaching position. They failed miserably.
Without clear direction about the needs - expected input from the coach - they did well in bringing few good players and adding to the team’s potential.
Overall, their performance is below expectations.
P.s.: I don’t have info about the financials, it might change the overall performance.
P.p.s: I hope we’ll start the next mercato with a new coach and with more focused approach to the needs of the team and the objectives of the organization.

I'll say it again... People keep saying they failed. Who was available? How do we know that LeoDini didn't try to sign someone good but they weren't interested. It's easy to say they failed but, with the team we have, we're still a bee's d&%k away from CL and who knows where we'd be if we got in someone new?
I honestly believe, even if we have Klopp, Sacchi, Ferguson, Cruyff
We really couldn't find a great player that wanted to play outside UCL didn't we.
Plus we were stopped by FFP,
Even when we got higuain, Leo really showed his ability to work out of the box.

This team could only reach top 3 at best. And gattuso able to reach 5th is a great achievement, despite his stubbornness and clueless tactics.
But yes, Atalanta shouldn't be above a club like Milan stature.
But then again, so does Roma
(05-14-2019, 05:21 AM)Karl08 Wrote: ...gattuso able to reach 5th is a great achievement, despite his stubbornness and clueless tactics.

I absolutely disagree. Gattuso has a team acquired for €270M-€300M over the past two years, at his disposal and he has no excuse whatsoever for not reaching CL. Neither Lazio, Atalanta or Roma has budgets close to that, and they have looked much more convincing, while Gattuso’s team still isn’t even close to have an identity.
(05-14-2019, 08:59 AM)Nicolas Wrote: I absolutely disagree. Gattuso has a team acquired for €270M-€300M over the past two years, at his disposal and he has no excuse whatsoever for not reaching CL. Neither Lazio, Atalanta or Roma has budgets close to that, and they have looked much more convincing, while Gattuso’s team still isn’t even close to have an identity.

It's not Gattuso's fault that we massively overpaid for players who really aren't that great. €100M-€150M of that amount turned out to be money thrown out the window.