Summer Mercato 2019
Although locatelli is a good player, he just couldn't handle the pressure (plus tbh, a lot of milanisti expected too much for a young locatelli to be as good as someone like xabi alonso)
But hey, is Sensi a better player than Montolivo, Bertolacci, Mauri? absolutely yes.

Saving from those 2 wages already enough to fund the transferDevilol
Тоnali is the one who can make difference. Just get him.
Leicester City have reportedly sent a scout to view Milan midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu in the Serie A match against Frosinone.
Maldini apparently met Allegri. sky reports
(05-18-2019, 01:28 AM)nefremo Wrote: He is better then Locatelli for sure. How much better? Not sure. I value Locatelli too, but think Sensi is better.

Agreed. I definitely don't want Locatelli back, even though it hasn't been a suggestion. I would gladly swap Locatelli + 10m for Sensi. With Sensi you're getting a player who's definitely capable as a squad player. It remains to be seen if he'll really take a step up. He's not necessarily that young - 23 years old going on 24 this August, but he's shown glimpses of being able to go to the next level. I think it really depends on his mentality and how hard he's willing to work once a better team signs him. If we don't sign him, I think it's only a matter of time before a club like Lazio/Roma etc. pick him up so one way or another we'll see what he's worth sooner or later. If any Italian midfielder is worth taking a risk on, I'd have to say it's Tonali imo.

Getting Allegri back would be OK, I'd wonder how motivated he is. I know he won many scudetto's with Juve, but that's about all he did. Normally that many titles would be something to behold, but in all honesty there hasn't been any team in Italy investing nearly as much as Juve in the last 5-6 years. Lack of competition definitely played a huge role in their scudetto wins.
With that being said, I've never been very impressed with Juve's style of play especially the last two seasons. On the plus side, even with Milan he's had pretty positive runs in CL even if he didn't win the trophy yet.

Sarri's football at Napoli was probably the most exciting I've seen in Italy in years. Problem is, how difficult and how much $$$ would need to be invested to replicate that. Many critics in England who analyze Sarri's time with Chelsea have repeatedly called out the fact that Sarri needs very specific players to play his system, and without them he has a difficult time adapting.

Overall my top choices with my reasoning would be:
1)Sarri - If he can replicate his time with Napoli, we'd be playing champagne football. I don't know if we'd win titles, because he hasn't won much tbh - but the way he had Napoli playing was so entertaining. I've always preferred entertaining football over parking the bus to get the 3 points, that's exactly why I'm a Milan fan and not a juve fan lol.
2)Allegri - Effective football, but sometimes boring and unimpressive. He'd be my top choice if we're looking at the fastest short term results imo, especially in Serie A..
3)Conte - Definitely rate him as a coach, again his style of play is not my first choice but he brings results. Only reason I have him down at third choice is because I think he'll cost way too much in wages, nor do I think his top choice would be Milan. Also, his lengthy history with Juve as a player/coach just doesn't give me the easiest time imagining him at Milan. In all honesty... I see a second spell at Juve being a possibility for him more than Milan.
(05-17-2019, 04:01 AM)edysim Wrote: Griezman is leaving...   maybe just maybe Devilcool

(05-18-2019, 04:07 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Leicester City have reportedly sent a scout to view Milan midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu in the Serie A match against Frosinone.

SELL QUICK! 30M
I'm not sure about Allegri. Yes, he's better than Gattuso. But he's also the guy who keep pushing boateng, a combative strong midfielder into attacking mid, even right winger. Plus, in Milan, he got it easy to be honest in his early years. We got Ibra, ronaldinho, robinho, pato, cassano. Those were world class attackers comparable to Madrid and Ballerina. Same applied with ladri. Dybala, pogba, mandzukic, sandro, etc. While our teams were just constant, nocerino, matri.

I don't mind if Allegri back, but unless the squad is replaced by a lot better players, i see the same result as gattuso. (Remember the clueless no gameplan of el shaarawy, right wing boateng that just back pass all the time)
(05-18-2019, 07:42 PM)WCmilan Wrote: Sarri's football at Napoli was probably the most exciting I've seen in Italy in years. Problem is, how difficult and how much $$$ would need to be invested to replicate that. Many critics in England who analyze Sarri's time with Chelsea have repeatedly called out the fact that Sarri needs very specific players to play his system, and without them he has a difficult time adapting.

Overall my top choices with my reasoning would be:
1)Sarri - If he can replicate his time with Napoli, we'd be playing champagne football. I don't know if we'd win titles, because he hasn't won much tbh - but the way he had Napoli playing was so entertaining. I've always preferred entertaining football over parking the bus to get the 3 points, that's exactly why I'm a Milan fan and not a juve fan lol.
2)Allegri - Effective football, but sometimes boring and unimpressive. He'd be my top choice if we're looking at the fastest short term results imo, especially in Serie A..

Great post.

On how much it would take to replicate Sarri's football from Napoli.......I don't think too much. Keep in mind, Napoli never really got any huge superstars. Higuain being the only one. I actually think Sarri's football is more suited to "simpler" players, if you will. He himself actually made that comment just a couple of weeks ago when explaining the difficulties he's had at Chelsea. He said something within the lines of.....Chelsea has many technically capable and individually great players and it's hard to get them to play simple, meaning they hold on to the ball and more often then not try individualistic ways of getting out of trouble or attacking rather then playing simple. 
Sarri's football is all about playing what you see, supporting the ball with many short options and obviously movement off the ball to do that. Complications on the ball don't happen until the final third. In Chelsea, he has Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Kovacic and even some of the defenders that don't play this way. As an example, it's not easy to get Hazard or Willian to NOT turn with the ball at the midfield line. But them turning slows down Sarri's football and it breaks down the fluidity. 

Anyway, my point of the whole thing is that it wouldn't be that expensive to replicate Napoli as it doesn't require buying superstars (expensive) players. But then again, you can't play Sarri's football with Bakayoko and Kessie either, so yes, some money will have to be put in if we want to see the full effects of Sarri.
Great posts both nef and wcmilan!

go all for Sarri, in case he leaves Chelsky
I wouldn't mind Sarri either. I read that he is leaving Chelsea regardless, but not sure how reliable that source is.