Summer Mercato 2019
Andre Silva has no intentions of staying at Milan as a reserve. His agent Jorge Mendes has been in contact with teams in the Premier League & La Liga. Mendes will be looking at possible swap deals as an option as it will be difficult to get €30-35m for Silva. [@FabrizioRomano]

I'm interested in swap deals
(05-23-2019, 01:36 PM)DrDejan Wrote: The numbers are not behind Leonardo and Maldini. AC Milan May not be in the CL again, but also did not improve over the last year. While the first three places dropped points - 95,91,77 vs 90,71,66 , Milan did not gain much - 65 vs 64, on the same level as lower part of the table - 17th is 38 vs 38, 10th is 54 vs 43, 7th is 60 vs 60. We have 18 vs 18 wins, 52 vs 56 goals scored, while significant financial investment was made and the owner stability was improved. Also, the quality of play was not improved, we embarrassed ourselves in the Europa League, there were unacceptable discipline outbursts. We can say that from sporting perspective, we didn’t do well. Even if we qualify for the CL, it won’t be because we improved continually or performed well during the year. If we assume that they were given freedom to improve the results, which I believe was the case, than they failed to do so.

They had 3 weeks and ZERO budget! They were supposed to improve the team in 3 weeks while not allowed to put any funds in it???????????

Don't just look at numbers. Look at the substance and circumstances behind the numbers.
(05-23-2019, 01:56 PM)nefremo Wrote: They had 3 weeks and ZERO budget! They were supposed to improve the team in 3 weeks while not allowed to put any funds in it???????????

Don't just look at numbers. Look at the substance and circumstances behind the numbers.

they deserve to be given at least one more year. 

yet, 

1- not sacking Gattuso right after Olympiakos tie 
2- not defending the club in the Lega 

are their sins.
Not sacking Gattuso sooner was maybe a mistake, but it could have also backfired. He was backed (and still is in large parts) by the squad. You also have to weigh in the options. There was no coaches (good enough) available. And you also need the coach to agree to be a caretaker. Not as simple. Also, we were in touch for 4th place and picked up steam after that...being 4th for almost all of the spring.

Again, not saying it wasn't a mistake. But it wasn't so simple either.
(05-23-2019, 04:20 PM)artand Wrote: they deserve to be given at least one more year. 

yet, 

1- not sacking Gattuso right after Olympiakos tie 
2- not defending the club in the Lega 

are their sins.

I agree with nefremo. Gattuso probably should have lost his job right after our EL exit, and I am sure that they were evaluating their options but decided that no good alternatives were available. 

As for the second one, I honestly don't know how to do that. I am obviously biased, but I think it would take venomous personalities such as Galliani to thrive in a vicious and provincial environment. While I love to see Milan do well, I am not particularly proud of everything that B&G were known for. Maybe Leonardo and Maldini simply are too noble for that. 

(I can be completely wrong of course)
Inter are offering Manchester United €30 million + Perisic for Romelu Lukaku, who Antonio Conte is a big fan of, according to today's Gazzetta
(05-23-2019, 06:35 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Inter are offering Manchester United €30 million + Perisic for Romelu Lukaku, who Antonio Conte is a big fan of, according to today's Gazzetta

So they are not swapping Icardi with Lukaku
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(05-23-2019, 06:39 PM)Rishav kant Wrote: So they are not swapping Icardi with Lukaku

No but I don't see Icardi staying at Inter.  He could go to Juve
(05-23-2019, 06:43 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: No but I don't see Icardi staying at Inter.  He could go to Juve

His Crown Princess Wanda Nara said that Icardi wants to stay in Inter
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
Not sure anyone wants the baggage that comes with Icardi....so he may very well stay at Inter. On top of that, he demands ridiculous wages and Inter wants a big sum.

If they want him gone and if he wants to leave, they are going to have to lower money expectations quite a bit. Otherwise they are stuck with hin.