Summer Mercato 2019
(07-23-2019, 04:44 PM)nefremo Wrote: It's not about numbers. It's about fit. Correa absolutely, 100%, fits into Giampaolo's idea of football. He is dynamic, hard working, good on the ball, can play across the attacking line, direct and vertical, super high intensity offensively and defensively.

I admire your optimism, and I sincerely hope that Correa and Giampaolo will have proven all the doubters wrong at the end of the upcoming season, but we’ll have to agree to disagree. When it comes to transfers everything is about numbers and stats, as they are hugely influential when you define the value of a player. Usually if a player has had a good season, his price goes up, if not it goes down.

There is no way to deny that we are paying a premium for a bench player, who at the age of 24 is yet to have his breakout season, with no other obvious suitors in sight to bid against. The only reason why we are about to make a player who only had eight starts last season our club record signing, is blind trust from Giampaolo, Maldini, Boban and Massara. They must be truly certain to have found the perfect player, but I do find it odd that noone brought up Correa before the rumours started, if he is such an obvious fit. He might be, I hope he is, but I think that every fan has reason to be doubtful based on what he has achieved so far. 

Previously when we splashed large amounts, it was either on established players like Rui Costa, Inzaghi, Nesta and Bonucci or players on an upwards trajectory like Shevchenko or Andre Silva. It didn’t all turn out well, but there was a reason for high amount. This time we are banking more than Giampaolo got to spend on his entire Sampdoria team on a substitute player coming off his worst season in the last 5 years. At least he is still young enough to be sold later if he fails.
(07-23-2019, 04:47 PM)reza Wrote: Where is the indication of pin pointed? It may seem like I am being critical but I am curious.

I think there is a clear pattern of the types of players we are targeting. Also, from watching Giampaolo's teams in the past, I think we can put 2 and 2 together and see that Correa fits Giampaolo's ideas. Add to that the fact that we did not want to up the bid for Veretout even 2-3mil while we are gladly overpaying by several million for Correa is a clear indication for me that this is a profile the management and Gianpaolo want in the team. 

Do we have interviews or comments conforming this? No, of course not. So in that sense this is an assumpion by me...but I think keeping in mind all that's happening and that's happened, I don't think that assumption is far off. 

Put it this way....I am 100% sure we are not buying (and overpaying for) Correa because an agent offered him to us or because we want o do someone a favor.
(07-23-2019, 05:23 PM)Nicolas Wrote: I admire your optimism, and I sincerely hope that Correa and Giampaolo will have proven all the doubters wrong at the end of the upcoming season, but we’ll have to agree to disagree. When it comes to transfers everything is about numbers and stats, as they are hugely influential when you define the value of a player. Usually if a player has had a good season, his price goes up, if not it goes down.

There is no way to deny that we are paying a premium for a bench player, who at the age of 24 is yet to have his breakout season, with no other obvious suitors in sight to bid against. The only reason why we are about to make a player who only had eight starts last season our club record signing, is blind trust from Giampaolo, Maldini, Boban and Massara. They must be truly convinced to have found the perfect player, but I do find it odd that noone brought up Correa before the rumours started, if he is such an obvious fit. He might be, I hope he is, but I think that every fan has reason to be doubtful based on what he has achieved so far. 

Previously when we splashed large amounts, it was either on established players like Rui Costa, Inzaghi, Nesta and Bonucci or players on an upwards trajectory like Shevchenko or Andre Silva. It didn’t all turn out well, but there was a reason for high amount. This time we are banking more than Giampaolo got to spend on his entire Sampdoria team on a substitute player coming off his worst season in the last 5 years. At least he is still young enough to be sold later if he fails.

Can't really argue with this because it is essentially correct. This IS a gamble and we are paying 40mil for a guy that's probably worth not more then 30. 
I am saying that I personally am ok with it because I'm glad we are buying players that fit the coach's style and ideas. If we have to overpay for them, so be it. Hopefully they are right.
Actually we been overpaid 10mil+ for some players in these 2 years Ex : Kalinic, Biglia, Andre Silva, Andre Berto maybe Caldara also
Milan ask Manchester City after Nicolas Otamendi. According to CalcioMercato.it.
What a fucking nightmare

Silva to Monaco could be off
(07-23-2019, 07:24 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Milan ask Manchester City after Nicolas Otamendi. According to CalcioMercato.it.

Would be good
(07-23-2019, 07:26 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: What a fucking nightmare

excellent keep him ... screw that correa
(07-23-2019, 07:26 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: What a fucking nightmare

Ouch. Why did he travel there for a medical if he hadn't already agreed personal terms? As I understand that's the issue. Hopefully they can negotiate more and find an agreement...
(07-23-2019, 07:34 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Ouch. Why did he travel there for a medical if he hadn't already agreed personal terms? As I understand that's the issue. Hopefully they can negotiate more and find an agreement...

Wait... He failed the medcial?

Anyway, the deal for Correa won't be affected. Not sure what happens if Silva has to say...  Confused