Cagliari vs. Milan 9/16/18
2-1 Milan
must win game. prob cutrone wont make it
(09-14-2018, 12:39 PM)artand Wrote: must win game. prob cutrone wont make it

No news about Tsadjout being called up? Borini as Higuain's sub?  Dodgy Confused

I would better try Jack as there as false nine.  Sleepy
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Who are you to doubt Fabio Borini?
(09-14-2018, 04:06 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Who are you to doubt Fabio Borini?

There is no doubt though.  He is just too important that we should avoid to play him. He could get injured you know!  Sagrin
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
It stinks if Cutrone can't play. I was truly hoping that he would shine by playing together with Higuain (it doesn't even have to the entire 90 minutes).
(09-14-2018, 06:12 PM)Siregar Wrote: There is no doubt though.  He is just too important that we should avoid to play him. He could get injured you know!  Sagrin

Devilol
Quote:Gattuso advice for Milan men
By Football Italia staff

Gennaro Gattuso expects a “difficult” test for Milan against Cagliari and has advice for Gonzalo Higuain, Mattia Caldara and Tiemoue Bakayoko.

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.30 UK time (18.30 GMT), click here for a match preview.

“We are playing against a very difficult opponent in a very difficult arena,” said the Coach in his Press conference.

“They can cause us a lot of problems, so we must improve the things that we still don’t do to our best. It takes time to try out new tactics and players, and if you don’t test them out in training, it becomes improvisation on the field.

“Leonardo Pavoletti is one of the best in Serie A when it comes to headers, so we mustn’t give them the opportunity to put crosses in. We’ve got to soak up the pressure when the situation calls for it.”

Patrick Cutrone is out of action after spraining his ankle in Italy’s Under-21 win over Albania, while Gonzalo Higuain is seeking his first goal for the club.

We could play with a False 9 too, I am not worried. We made choices on the transfer market to fit in also with Financial Fair Play. Higuain allows the wingers to come in and take part in the attack.

“In last week’s friendly, Higuain looked like the angriest man in the world. When he struggles to score goals, he becomes really irritated and that shows what a champion he really is. He’s a player who is giving his all and sends an important signal to his teammates.”

Gattuso again seems likely to bench summer signing Mattia Caldara, even though Roberto Mancini started him for Italy against Portugal in the Nations League.

“I make my decisions based on what I see in training. The tactical movements have to be perfect in order to play the way I want. You in the media are in fact hurting Caldara, as you can’t destroy a player after one game. He is coming from a very different level and it’s not right to throw him in the garbage dispenser. The club has faith in Caldara and I have no problem giving him time to develop.”

Milan also have some issues in midfield with Lucas Biglia and ex-Chelsea man Tiemoue Bakayoko.

“When it comes to Biglia’s role we have Jose Mauri and Andrea Bertolacci. I think it’ll take a while to get Bakayoko up to speed as a playmaker. When you come from a completely different league, you need to learn the cross-field passing, to double up on marking and not to just chase the ball. If you’re not organised, the whole team can struggle.

“He can do it with some hard work, although he needs to learn Italian faster, as it’s not helping him in the locker room.”

Milan squad for Cagliari: A Donnarumma, G Donnarumma, Reina; Abate, Calabria, Caldara, Laxalt, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Romagnoli, Zapata; Bakayoko, Bertolacci, Biglia, Bonaventura, Kessie, Mauri; Borini, Calhanoglu, Castillejo, Higuain, Suso, Tsadjout

Gattuso might try false nine if Higuain indeed needs to be substituted (I hope not). Tsadjout is called up but I am not sure if he could have minutes. He does not seem as talented as Cutrone. If we could lead 3 goals, he could play.

As Gattuso said, we won't see Bakayoko playing in the near date, he still needs to adapt. Hopefully he could come back to the pitch as a much better player.

This is our first test in the game in which we should get maximum points since such kind of games provide most points in the league. I agree with Gattuso, this won't be an easy game especially this is an away game and we haven't face any single smaller club, a club that usually park on bus. Hopefully Higuain could finally score and win this game for us!  Devilcool
We must win these games if we want to finish top four
Probable lineup vs. Cagliari (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Higuain, Çalhanoglu.