Empoli vs Milan 27/9
Lets get our 2nd win there.
2-1 Milan
There will be riot if we don't win. We may not win. Sad
(09-25-2018, 03:32 AM)xudong Wrote: There will be riot if we don't win. We may not win. Sad

We had great chance to win all games we have played in Serie A (for Roma, we could do that earlier). The problem is IMO only how the coach manage to raise players' mentality. 

Gattuso thought we had great game in the first half vs Atalanta. Well, if the coach already thought like that, I dont know, his standard is too low or I am the one who wants optimal play. Against Atalanta we only did great in some occasions when we managed to make chances but the rest were poor. It was only seen as good-great game due to opponent's unability to make a proper attack (like they did in the second half especially the last 15 minutes of the game).

We have to prepare when opponents play offensive, use man-to-man marking in our area. This kind of play did hurt us. First example Napoli. Then Roma in the second half but in this game we manage to escape eventhough that that good. Vs Cagliar we were doomed while vs Atalanta we were lucky Atantal was extremely poor in the first half.

This time being a Milan fan is uncomfort. When we are leading, I am worried that we would play worse than when we are still 0-0. When a goal from opponent came to fast (unexpected), I am afraid our players morale suddenly dropped (like vs Cagliari).  Confused
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Gennaro Gattuso isn’t in imminent danger of being sacked by Milan, but Leonardo reportedly warned “we have to give a signal in the next few matches”.
if we win all those game with the same kind performance or even poorer performance, would you guys still angry at gattuso?
The problem we are currently having is due to lack of compactness. We give away far too many opportunities o the teams we play against because of this reason. At times, we look like Inzaghi's Milan the way we get stretched and the way we allow the ball to be played past our midfield.

What gives me hope that this problem will be fixed is the fact that Gattuso did it last season. As a matter of fact, that was one of the things he was impresssive at. So let's see.

The rest of it has been very good imo. Yes, we miss opportunities but at least we create them...with ease almost. We move the ball around nicely and get out of pressure without problems. We are getting midfield runs into the box. Getting the fullbacks up. We are playing the ball quickly and with purpose.
We just have to get our defensive game in order.
I don't know why, but i think most of our goals conceded were because of either 1 player on the frontline doing a mis-pass/ lost in dribble duel, so the enemies can somehow have a very effective counter attacks.

And we're getting pushed hard, couldn't even send the ball forward. It's like accident waiting to happen
(09-25-2018, 11:18 AM)sylrus Wrote: if we win all those game with the same kind performance or even poorer performance, would you guys still angry at gattuso?

Of course. Results masks poor performances ,but results (with that kind of "performance") are not going to last forever ,because luck drains fast ,and than you're again on square one with suffering and disgrace. Performances like this or worse or even slightly better ,can not bring long term success.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Another draw

1:1