Milan - Parma December 2, 2018 12:30
Chievo did us a favor with Lazio and now we're 4th.
Hope they can pull the same result against Merda later this month.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Nice to be back to 4th. Like nefremo, I worry more about Roma than Lazio.
(12-02-2018, 05:53 PM)honsano Wrote: By the way really harsh by everyone on Kessie. Yes totally wasteful at the end with all the counters. We really should have put the game to rest by the 80 minute but his partnership with Baka made a defense of Abate and Zapata look good. Think about that for a minute.

How is it harsh when he gave away the ball on countless occasions or when he was singlehandedly responsible for wasting 4 counter attacks because of him being either incredibly selfish, slowminded or disillusioned when it comes to his shooting ability? In his role, his contributions upfield is just as important as what he does defensively. If he only does half of his job adequately then he is not doing his job well enough.

I find it perplexing how much bad stuff people were saying about Bakayoko in the beginning, while most fans cut Kessie an enormous amount of slack. Fact is that he is an expensive signing that does adquately defensively but is seriously lacking offensively, - and I wouldn’t mind that as much if he would just pass the ball to someone capable of going forward with the ball instead of whatever it is he decides to do in 95% of the instances.
Its true he messed up the 4 chances.. but come on now, his overall performance and impact in the game has more than made up for it.. how often do u see a 21yr old (coming 22 soon) having an impact like him for a DM..?

If we sign up Fabregas.. hopefully his vision and passing might rub off on Bakayoko and Kessie and improve their passing game.. as someone said earlier in the previous page.. 4231 formation with these 2 sitting infront of Romagnoli/Caldara would make a very formidable defence while affording our fullbacks to push forward more..
(12-02-2018, 09:26 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: Its true he messed up the 4 chances.. but come on now, his overall performance and impact in the game has more than made up for it.. how often do u see a 21yr old (coming 22 soon) having an impact like him for a DM..?

as someone said earlier in the previous page.. 4231 formation with these 2 sitting infront of Romagnoli/Caldara would make a very formidable defence while affording our fullbacks to push forward more..

I really don’t think that his overall performance made up for his mistakes, far from it. He was mostly clumsy and sluggish in his actions, and far too often would he play the ball directly to a Parma player after he had won it. I don’t see how his age is relevant to his performance? If a player isn’t performing well then he shouldn’t be starting, regardless of his age. Cutrone is just as young, but he is getting visibly better.

Honestly if Parma had equalised, or if we hadn’t been awarded that penalty, would you have been nearly as forgiving as you are now, knowing that he potentially prevented us from scoring between 1-4 goals?

I am glad that many fans seem to be confident in his development, I personally don’t see any. In his year and a half at Milan I haven’t noticed any improvement. I was very happy when we signed him, but from watching him match after match he seems like a player too dimwitted to learn from his own mistakes.

I am all for Kessie being put in a position where he will mostly do defensive work, that way he can’t screw up nearly as many attacks as he does in a box-to-box role.
Really great that we're back in fourth again. I hope we can keep it this way until the winter break – would be a nice morale booster for the team. We haven't really impressed so far, and we have a massive injury crisis to deal with right now, so I get a strong sense that the best is yet to come for us this season.